2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,253 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Last night in the 'Jack Chat Series from the SFA Alumni Facebook page, Keller said there are seniors coming back.

He was answering a question on the outlook of the program, so not sure if he was meaning they had the chance to come back...or if they actually were.
"We have some seniors coming back off this year."
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

Last night in the 'Jack Chat Series from the SFA Alumni Facebook page, Keller said there are seniors coming back.

He was answering a question on the outlook of the program, so not sure if he was meaning they had the chance to come back...or if they actually were.
"We have some seniors coming back off this year."

That would be incredible.

With seniors back, we could probably get enough new guys to run what the Ladyjacks are running with two starting level lineups.
jboy93
Any word on Heckard? Not in the transfer portal yet?
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Not unexpected.

Oh Dirk. We'll miss you.
nacluth
jboy93 said:

Any word on Heckard? Not in the transfer portal yet?
Haven't heard, but he was already off the team. I don't know how that affects how he signs with a new team.
cboothe09
I would love to see Gavin come back, but I think he has a career in Europe awaiting him.

After that, I think we are open game to see any of the other four return. Of course they all have their question marks and reasons to move on to life after SFA...Will be interesting for sure
Rev007
When did all this happen with Heckard? I noticed he didn't play in the Sam Houston game, but I guess he was already off the team.
PurpleOut
Staff
Rev007 said:

When did all this happen with Heckard? I noticed he didn't play in the Sam Houston game, but I guess he was already off the team.
I think it was before the Lamar game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

With seniors back, we could probably get enough new guys to run what the Ladyjacks are running with two starting level lineups.
I like the sound of that!
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Not unexpected.

Oh Dirk. We'll miss you.

If only he'd have hit a few of those threes...
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

I would love to see Gavin come back, but I think he has a career in Europe awaiting him.

After that, I think we are open game to see any of the other four return. Of course they all have their question marks and reasons to move on to life after SFA...Will be interesting for sure

Cam has already said Adios. That would only leave Roti, David, and Charlie if Gavin departs. Even those three would make me a happy camper.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

cboothe09 said:

Cam has already said Adios. That would only leave Roti, David, and Charlie if Gavin departs. Even those three would make me a happy camper.
David & Gavin are the biggest gets as returning players.

Roti a close 3rd.

Charlie an above average 4th to pair with Nana.
SFAJack_76
I wouldn't count out any of the five seniors returning, including Cam. I think they have unfinished business. All five is probably a stretch, but we will see.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

cboothe09 said:

David & Gavin are the biggest gets as returning players.

Roti a close 3rd.

Charlie an above average 4th to pair with Nana.

Tall, I think I agree with you in all but one respect. Charlie, seems to have real upside. Just the slight improvements I've noticed through the season. His footwork is better and he could be a really good rebounder. Probably a pipe dream but o really think he has upside.
jboy93
What was Posey's injury that kept him out all year? Was it a situation that he was injury free at some point in the season and then we just decided to protect him so he would be ready next year?
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

What was Posey's injury that kept him out all year? Was it a situation that he was injury free at some point in the season and then we just decided to protect him so he would be ready next year?
He had a stress fracture before the season started, that then required surgery later on.

I think we might hear something soon on the other seniors and their decision.
nacluth
Ahh, and not prolong the "will he, won't he" stress?
BigJack85
Oral Robert's to the WAC. LOL.
Pilotgirl
Whew gonna bust some brackets... they've played really well & deserve the win. But I don't know....
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Whew gonna bust some brackets... they've played really well & deserve the win. But I don't know....
My husband is a ridiculous Ohio State fan. The sickening kind. When OSU lost today, he said, "GOD HATES ME".

I had to try not to laugh too much. It was not an easy feat.

Pilotgirl
Oh no lol
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

My husband is a ridiculous Ohio State fan. The sickening kind. When OSU lost today, he said, "GOD HATES ME".

Ya. That's way over the top. Think... this. I've been a Lumberjack football fan since 1980. Think we've been bad the last 6-7 years. You got nothing on the early 80' and 90's.
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Lol. Oh my. When they finally lose to Michigan you gotta record that one.
SFASawmillGuy
I think David is a pretty safe bet to be coming back. He will be THE point guard for SFA.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Ya. That's way over the top. Think... this. I've been a Lumberjack football fan since 1980. Think we've been bad the last 6-7 years. You got nothing on the early 80' and 90's.
Hah! You should have seen the '70's. 77-7 ... at home.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

After the Ohio State loss there were only 0.2% intact brackets left across the country. And that was before the games played last night.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Lol. Oh my. When they finally lose to Michigan you gotta record that one.
I'm already thinking about the trouble I will be in when I laugh at OSU losing to Michigan. It will be worth every minute of it! LOL
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Ya. I wasn't there .... in high school. I do recall hearing that the red trim was a reaction to us losing to Texas A&I. 77-7 or worse....
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Ya. I wasn't there .... in high school. I do recall hearing that the red trim was a reaction to us losing to Texas A&I. 77-7 or worse....

Man obviously I wasn't around for the 80s but what rollercoaster was that to go from god awful to national finalists to god awful again?
Pilotgirl
Cowboys fans understand that feeling.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

After the Ohio State loss there were only 0.2% intact brackets left across the country. And that was before the games played last night.
I'm surprised that many ORU fans filled out brackets.
SFASawmillGuy
Remember when ORU was a Southland bottom feeder?
SFASawmillGuy
Big news coming soon Lumberjack fans! Stay tuned.
nacluth
SFA_03 said:

Like in the next 10 minutes or can I call it a night?
No-look
nacluth said:

SFA_03 said:

Like in the next 10 minutes or can I call it a night?
I guess I should have went to bed...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.