2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,575 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They look pretty sharp and in tuned to each other.

PurpleOut
Staff
Calvin only attempted 6 threes last season (made 4), if that's a shot he can knock down on a consistent basis...that'll be huge.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

Calvin only attempted 6 threes last season (made 4), if that's a shot he can knock down on a consistent basis...that'll be huge.
Indeed... he is coming into his own... making a big man come out on him freeing up the lane to get a rebound.. They will have to respect that shot...
PurpleOut
Staff
We get Troy and Rice in scrimmages.
nacluth
Solid scrimmages. While A&M is nice, I don't particularly like feeling like we need to beat a P5 practice squad.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

We get Troy and Rice in scrimmages.
The complete list of scrimmages.
PurpleOut
Staff
Speculating from that video, it's Posey running with Kachelries, Ware, Solomon and Aku. Assuming Gavin is a little banged and probably there instead of Aku…that's our starting 5 last year with Posey replacing Cam.
PurpleOut
Staff
Posted on the Travel board, but there are single game tickets to the KU game available through their site. Not a ton, but corner seats for only $28.

https://kuathletics.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AKU%3AB21%3A06%3A&linkID=kansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBBSG&cgc=&dataAccId=977&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_kansas
TallTexan
Jack Madness is $15 for the general public.

Apparently there's also gonna be paid single game parking somewhere too, even though commuter lot will still have some free parking.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kansas is #3 in the first AP Poll.
nacluth
Just enough time to get to #1.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Both special players , men. Kensmil is particularly strong. Love that guy.
SFAJack_76
Agree. Our three "super seniors" are all really good young men. Interesting that, including David, none of the three are vocal leaders. Should be fun to watch their growth in leadership.
SFASawmillGuy
I do miss us having a "nasty" leader on the team. Holyfield's stare downs after dunks were straight up disrespectful and also one of the best things ever.
No-look
nacluth said:

Solid scrimmages. While A&M is nice, I don't particularly like feeling like we need to beat a P5 practice squad.
True… nice to win a scrimmage but more important to practice on the things you have been working on against a new opponent.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

Not the best pic of Roti and Gavin. That could be used as a GIF. Lol
Ljacks&Longnecks
TallTexan said:

Jack Madness is $15 for the general public.

Apparently there's also gonna be paid single game parking somewhere too, even though commuter lot will still have some free parking.

Bad call IMO. Will keep away parents wanting to bring their kids, a good chunk of the retired crowd and certainly those whose interest are more marginal. Paid parking too?!?! is certainly "Madness" for this kind of event.
Should be an evening of fun and goodwill towards the community and trying to get folks interested and involved in the teams. Showcase the players, maybe a few prizes (donated by local business), things to try and build up some spirit and excitement and good PR. Price will keep people away.
Plan to be in town that Thurs-Sunday and already have tix for VB 2 games and FB Saturday but think we will skip the madness.
No-look
Looks like it's gonna cost me $45 to get in. I will reluctantly pay it. I can see where this could deter some folks who have kids. Probably gonna keep attendance down. Hope not.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl
I'm good with those ratings...we have our 3 returning Senior+ as Keller calls them, that are strong but the rest of the team is a bit of a ? mark...all about how they fit together. Historically, our teams play better towards the middle/end, which drives me insane...lol I think we lose some and learn from that, which will make the team stronger & will be in shape to make a run for it at the conf tourney. Just my 2 cents.

Excited about this season for both men and women!
PurpleOut
Staff
Tickets are also available for the Basketball Hall of Fame Classic. Unfortunately as of now it's one ticket for all three games so they aren't as cheap. All lower level sideline seats are $85, even floor seats for $165.

We will be organizing some sort of tailgate or pregame somewhere. If I thought I would make all three games, I'd strongly consider a floor seat.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/basketball-hall-of-fame-classic-fort-worth-texas-12-11-2021/event/0C005AFCE0394F5B
RichieVan
I'm flying in for Hall of Fame game. Hope to see a few of you there. Let me know if there is a gathering of any sort. I'm sitting center court Row 5. And, yes, there are PLENTY of seats available.
PurpleOut
Staff
Double ouch with the Ticketmaster fees as well. An $82.50 ticket turns to $106.
PurpleOut
Staff
RichieVan said:

I'm flying in for Hall of Fame game. Hope to see a few of you there. Let me know if there is a gathering of any sort. I'm sitting center court Row 5. And, yes, there are PLENTY of seats available.
Awesome!

We're the late game (6:00) so we're (Alumni Association) looking at a pregame and postgame gathering. Tailgate isn't out of the question either, but we know how that goes when planning an outdoor tailgate in the winter.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Much better.

PurpleOut
Staff
I heard it mentioned on the live today, but also in the last few videos you can see they've begun to paint the wall around the court a white/cream color.

TallTexan
Interesting small change.
SteelAxe
Glad to see the madness change back to free. I'm not sure what they were thinking initially. Also if dallas based as I am tickets for hall of fame game are not that expensive. I bought for my family of 4 for slightly more than what was posted for a single ticket.
PurpleOut
Staff
SteelAI said:

Also if dallas based as I am tickets for hall of fame game are not that expensive. I bought for my family of 4 for slightly more than what was posted for a single ticket.
Sorry what?
PurpleOut
Staff
SteelAxe
Not sure what you are questioning. Tickets for the dickies arena game are available and at family friendly prices. I was just noticing you quoted floor seats prices. Don't discourage attending this game by making it seem like ticket prices are out of whack because they aren't. AXE EM
PurpleOut
Staff
SteelAxe said:

Not sure what you are questioning. Tickets for the dickies arena game are available and at family friendly prices. I was just noticing you quoted floor seats prices. Don't discourage attending this game by making it seem like ticket prices are out of whack because they aren't. AXE EM
Tickets in the upper deck are cheap, but if you wanted to sit in the lower level even at the top row (not including behind the basket), it's $106 per person after fees. Unless you have somewhere to purchase that isn't from the Dickies Arena website (Ticketmaster).

I'll be paying that, and for 3 games it not a terrible deal. But there will be a large portion of the crowd that can't or won't want to attend all 3 games.
No-look
Scrimmage today?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.