2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,833 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Guess that was what this meant earlier today:

Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Not live I guess.

So disappointing when they advertised that theybwere streaming it, then don't. I SO needed a diversion tonight of all nights
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

PurpleOut said:

Not live I guess.

So disappointing when they advertised that theybwere streaming it, then don't. I SO needed a diversion tonight of all nights
Yeah I was really looking forward to it. Don't know why or if this is the reason, but we're having too many tech issues this athletic year already.
Pilotgirl
It's up.on SFA Athletics!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

PurpleOut said:

Not live I guess.

Me, too!
Pilotgirl
Wow...this turnout is pretty embarrassing, IMO compared to other schools we've seen posting their videos.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'll say it, the new color on the wall doesn't look good. Kind of confused actually.
BigJack85
The crowd looks feeble. Feeble. I was impressed with the volleyball crowd. Maybe the deal is, you are only "allowed" 1 athletics event a week. Per my liberal arts professor.
PurpleOut
Staff
That was it?

"Good talk."
SFAJack_76
Jack Madness crowd was essentially the same people that were at volleyball.

Maybe 150 stayed for the concert.

Pitiful. We have a long way to go.
PurpleOut
Staff
I love that we do things like this, but how do we ALWAYS shoot ourselves in the foot and schedule things at the same time as other events???

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but every year something like this happens and people/fans/students/faculty have to choose what to go to.

FFS
BigJack85
Ya. That's a ****ing mess. Eeee gads.
SFASawmillGuy
Remember when we had 2 rows of standing room only fans against Sam Houston and the fire Marshall had to get involved? Good times.
Pilotgirl
The different members of the family don't communicate with one another. That's a systems wide issue and problem. Also, throwing together Jack Madness in a month or less is also yuck. Don't be disappointed with that kind of turnout when you don't put in much effort.
No-look
SFA_03 said:

Remember when we had 2 rows of standing room only fans against Sam Houston and the fire Marshall had to get involved? Good times.
We got there late and no seats and couldn't see the court.
No-look
Any details on Nigel's hand?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Underwhelming is about the best I can say for Jack Madness tonight. Why in the world did they play a rec 3 on 3 game instead of focusing on our real teams. No dunking event. Most of the players were just bystanders when there were supposed to be the main event.
nacluth
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

The different members of the family don't communicate with one another. That's a systems wide issue and problem.

You nailed it.
Jacks4460
Daymons visit was set in stone over 1 year ago.. If people at the business seminar wanted to go to JackMadness they could since it was over at 830..I have never in my life seen more complainers than on this forum..
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460 said:

Daymons visit was set in stone over 1 year ago.. If people at the business seminar wanted to go to JackMadness they could since it was over at 830..I have never in my life seen more complainers than on this forum..
Sure you have.

And it's not a complaint. It's a valid, yearly issue with the University. We can't get students to walk across campus for a game from their dorm, much less something like this. I didn't even realize they were both on the same night until after the fact. Again...nobody works together.

The athletic department marketed yesterday as "go to the Volleyball game and then Jack Madness" type of deal (with a free shirt only if you did both).

I understand scheduling isn't easy, but we seemingly put in next to no effort around it. That goes for all arms of the University, including athletics. Last year or the year before the SAA had one of their biggest yearly events the same night as one of our biggest basketball games.

sfajack05
I hate to say it but we don't have the crowd or atmosphere everyone claims we do. Our student section is non existent and when we do get a decent one they don't know how to act. I'm sure the business event was packed because a lot of their professors required them to be there or offered it as extra credit.

I don't know what the answer is because the athletic department is trying but the students just don't care.
TallTexan
sfajack05 said:

I hate to say it but we don't have the crowd or atmosphere everyone claims we do. Our student section is non existent and when we do get a decent one they don't know how to act. I'm sure the business event was packed because a lot of their professors required them to be there or offered it as extra credit.

I don't know what the answer is because the athletic department is trying but the students just don't care.
Our crowd hasn't necessarily gotten worse, but our competition got a lot better.

We were kings of the Southland when it came to crowds & homecourt advantage by a country mile.

But now we've got 3 top tier basketball fanbases we have to match, so we have to step it up.
sfajack05
TallTexan said:

sfajack05 said:

Our crowd hasn't necessarily gotten worse, but our competition got a lot better.

We were kings of the Southland when it came to crowds & homecourt advantage by a country mile.

But now we've got 3 top tier basketball we have to match, so we have to step it up.
The crowd size has stayed the same over the years but I was talking more about the intensity of the crowd especially the student section. Many games I saw Purple Haze just sitting down and not doing a thing. When I tweeted at them they said they were tired from a long week. I've seen more

I'm just saying we don't have the crowd that some people act or say we do.
SFAJack_76
Scheduling, you say. Tonight at 7:30. Tomorrow at 2:00 and 7:30.

No-look
Also, outside of students, we don't have the area population factor as some other schools have. Nac has 30 + K whereas some others have five times that… I usually have three grand kids that attend with me but parents didn't want them staying out so late on a school night. Lol.
TallTexan
sfajack05 said:

TallTexan said:

sfajack05 said:

But now we've got 3 top tier basketball we have to match, so we have to step it up.
The crowd size has stayed the same over the years but I was talking more about the intensity of the crowd especially the student section. Many games I saw Purple Haze just sitting down and not doing a thing. When I tweeted at them they said they were tired from a long week. I've seen more

Oh ya you're definitely not wrong there. I just think we were slightly complacent with having the crowd size bc it was 3x better than our next closest SLC rival.

But now double headers are gone, so the Ladyjacks homecrowd is really gonna struggle and their are atleast 3 WAC teams who will have better homecourt advantage than us.

Isn't just a basketball issue either. Football has pretty good attendance all things considered and its the quietest 10k people you've ever heard.
TallTexan
sfajack05 said:

TallTexan said:

sfajack05 said:

Oh ya you're definitely not wrong there. I just think we were slightly complacent with having the crowd size bc it was 3x better than our next closest SLC rival.

But now double headers are gone, so the Ladyjacks homecrowd is really gonna struggle and there are atleast 3 WAC teams who will have better homecourt advantage than us.

Isn't just a basketball issue either. Football has pretty good attendance all things considered and its the quietest 10k people you've ever heard.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05 said:

TallTexan said:

sfajack05 said:

Yeah this is a lot of the frustrating part for me.

I'm not going to be mad at anyone older than myself that doesn't get up and yell or get loud. But when our students come they A) still don't all sit together, and B) just sit there on their phones or just staring at the court.

How is it that GCU and CBU for example can get 100% of their student section not only full, but more importantly up and focused on the game? It's night and day, and I can't figure it out.
Jacks4460
Football wise I know it is because we have not given them a reason too in the past 10 yrs... Basketball I cant understand the Student Body either...i like the paid student leaders who recruit kids to come to games and such.. Pay based on % of students they get to attend.. Heck i would try anything..
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

How is it that GCU and CBU for example can get 100% of their student section not only full, but more importantly up and focused on the game? It's night and day, and I can't figure it out.
I rack my brain on this constantly and I'm convinced we're gonna have to invite a GCU or CBU fan over here this winter for an AMA. Somebody has to know how they not only built the attendance, but the engagement.
Jacks4460
Also i dont really know how to word this but the older people which I am so thankful for would need to chill out some on the kids... Not saying the kids shouldnt behave properly but some of these older folks at the games are hard on them with the snarly looks, always gripping, not smiling, etc. Bring in a DJ for in game music and dancing have it where everyone can see him... There are alot of student DJ's that are recognized by the younger students and make the game more of a party.. Hip Hop music (which I know the older folks dont care for) it would get the kids Jacked up... On saturday or Friday games they would need to bring in a nationally known DJ and pay them ... this all comes back to how much are they willing to spend to find the right solution to getting the students there..
TallTexan
No-look said:

Also, outside of students, we don't have the area population factor as some other schools have. Nac has 30 + K whereas some others have five times that… I usually have three grand kids that attend with me but parents didn't want them staying out so late on a school night. Lol.
This is true, but we should consider anyone within 30 minutes of Nac an option for a weeknight game. That's leave at 6, watch the game, and make it home right as the 9 o clock news starts.

There's 166k people within 30 miles of Nac.

For football games and saturday basketball, I'd say that any Lumberjack fan within 70 miles could be a legitimate target. That's over 900k people and there's not another D1 in that circle.
LUMBERJACK2005
PurpleOut said:

I heard it mentioned on the live today, but also in the last few videos you can see they've begun to paint the wall around the court a white/cream color.

Love this change. Will make it look less drab inside.
sfajack05

I can't remember what they did to get it packed like this. I think we only sat down during halftime. I know it was a tv game on fox sports but it should be like this every game or at least when school is in session.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.