2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,880 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

My web medical degree says spiral fractures usually take 4 to 6 months to recover from. Hope he gets a better prognosis than that.
Nigel said six weeks.

How was Hawkins injured? During practice or elsewhere?

Practice.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I haven't confirmed, but I think our game vs Southern may have been taken off the schedule. We still have it listed online, but Southern doesn't and we don't have it listed on the ticket site.

A month or so ago I saw a tweet saying Southern had to change a date and move two games and we were the odd man out.

Southern has cancelled. We are working on a contract with someone else for a replacement game. Same day.
Rev007
I haven't been on this site in awhile. Sorry for the late ticket information, but I looked for tickets for the KU game, and all kinds of 3rd party sites are selling them, but expensive with all the fees. I called SFA ticket office, and at the time, they didn't have any information about an allotment. Next, I called the KU Athletics ticket office, and they were very helpful. I went on their site and purchased a ticket for face value and was delivered to my mobile phone. Unfortunately, I don't have the best seat, but there were plenty of tickets available a couple of weeks ago when I bought mine.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

I haven't confirmed, but I think our game vs Southern may have been taken off the schedule. We still have it listed online, but Southern doesn't and we don't have it listed on the ticket site.

A month or so ago I saw a tweet saying Southern had to change a date and move two games and we were the odd man out.

Southern has cancelled. We are working on a contract with someone else for a replacement game. Same day.
Mary Hardin-Baylor. Thursday at 6:30.
PurpleOut
Staff
If anyone is waiting, like me, to see where Kansas puts our section it is likely where I suspected in the upper corner. Tarleton State just tweeted that their section is 13A, which is where I've sat before.

There's still a few available from the athletic site, but not many, and not as good as they were a few weeks ago.
PurpleOut
Staff
Video tonight showed Nigel in the background shooting with his left hand, with just a small wrap on his right/injured hand. I take that as a good sign.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
South Dakota State @ Alabama tonight at 7:00 on ESPN+ and the SEC+ Network. Bama favored by 11 1/2.

Also of interest, Tarleton @ Kansas, Prison Tech @ Nebraska, and ACU @ A&M.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Alabama knocked off South Dakota State 104-88. SDSU had a bad shooting night. Fingers crossed that it continues on Sunday. We shall see.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Boy do I really want three wins in the next week. I'll be happy with two but ecstatic with three.
SFASawmillGuy
We just need to beat Buffalo…my coworker is a Buffalo alumni and I can't deal with that.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
So apparently the game tomorrow night is a 6:30, not 7.

I was legit excited it was at 7 bc it meant I could meet Marla in Palestine to leave from the house instead of meeting in Rusk. Bummer.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

I was legit excited it was at 7 bc it meant I could meet Marla in Palestine to leave from the house instead of meeting in Rusk. Bummer.
Perfect excuse for the students. "I didn't know what time it started!!!"
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

The Cancun Challenge website shows it to be at 7:00.
SFAJack_76
Typically, the bench gets shorter when conference play starts. Cancun games might tell us a lot, but it seems Keller and staff have settled on eight plus Hawkins when he returns. Anyone see anybody else getting meaningful minutes this season?
nacluth
Kensmil, Kalcheries, Ware, Solomon, Posey (starters)

Nana, Jossell, Hall, Hawkins(?) (solid bench)

Aku looks like Jovan right now. To be fair, he has made two nice hook shots in five games and it took Jovan three years to get that many. But, he looks lost completely.

Tezeno played with pace and ball control in our warm up games with the main crew. He didn't seem to be in system, but that must have been his cardinal sin because he looked as much as a ball player as the rest.

Moor looks like a decent bench player but there's 6 solid guards before him and Tezeno and Cofer.

Cofer provided a nice spark in the UMHB game when the team got flat. He got a steal, a score, and showed some fire.

I would like to add at least one of these last three to our rotation. Even if it's for four minutes a game like Aku is being used. We need to rotate some of our starters out, and if last night's game showed anything, David and Roti need rest.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I may be pissing into the wind and calling it rain, but I'm still holding out hope that Tezeno pans out. Sure, he played Class 1A ball in Louisiana, but he was the MVP of two post season All-Star games composed of the New Orleans area's best players from all LA classifications, and he was rated by two scouting combines as the #1 HS player in all of Louisiana. He's got talent. I hope it eventually shows, if not this year, then next. We will especially need him next year.
HJC69
I would have taken Charlie Daniels over Aku any day. He got much better last year.
HJC69
And he wanted to stay.
SFAJack_76
HJC69 said:

I would have taken Charlie Daniels over Aku any day. He got much better last year.
Agree. Aku hasn't shown much, other than being big.
CertifiedAxeman98
Do the students get in to basketball games for free?
nacluth
Absolutely
Pilotgirl
HJC69 said:

And he wanted to stay.

Did we not offer him a scholoarship?
HJC69
Don't know. Just heard he wanted to stay. He is now playing for Big 10 Minn.
sfa17
HJC69 said:

Don't know. Just heard he wanted to stay. He is now playing for Big 10 Minn.
DANG Charlie was a solid role player
LUMBERJACK2005
No clue what the number is, but Seems like Calvin Solomon has a chance to smash all time games played for SFA record.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Diego Willis has not met a three point shot he didn't like. He's jacked up four in about two minutes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
39-35 at the break. Not pretty basketball by either team. NSU has made 7 threes.
nacluth
Come join the game thread Ed.
nacluth
Jules Moor off the roster.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Jules Moor off the roster.
Wonder what that was all about??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.