2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,354 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MasterAxe said:

Cam Johnson has committed to play at UA-Pine Bluff.

That one has me...confusion.

At least, from a basketball standpoint.

Real close to home, which is what he wanted. He'll also be a stats machine.

TallTexan
nacluth said:

I can't help but think that from a Ladyjacks perspective that no doubleheaders and split tickets is brutal. I guess the hope is that most season ticket holders will opt for the combo pass, but most single women's games are substantially lighter in attendance currently.

I do believe that this has a chance to be an incredible season for the women (and a decent one for the men). I like the flip flopping of the benches to play to TV and get the students closer to the team. Here's hoping they can sell more tickets.

Edit: nevermind, I think they moved the students to the far end.

I really hate losing the Saturday double headers. It's so much easier to come in every other week for a double header than every week when you're driving in.

And you're right, I think the Ladyjacks are the most likely to suffer because of that. It's a shame.

I was hoping we'd keep double headers and then flip back and forth between which Lumberjack team had the marquee game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I confess that I have never driven the 250 miles to Nac to watch the women play, other than when they were part of DH's. That will change in the upcoming season! I will be shocked if the Ladyjacks don't at least make the Sweet 16, and hopefully go beyond. They turned some heads when they almost/should have beaten Georgia Tech. They will further shock the NCAA world this time around.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm starting a separate thread around the season ticket changes. I have some ideas/questions for us here.
SFA Jack Fanatic
OK, here's a question for my fellow Lumberjack roundball junkies...

We've made what I consider to be two fantastic assistant coach hires. Do you feel these two are overall better, worse, or about the same as what we had in Cox and Mason as far as short term and/or long term impact on the Jacks program?

What has been gained and lost in these assistant coach changes?
Rev007
Does anyone know the whereabouts of S. Hart? The last I heard, he was still enrolled at SFA. Any chance he is allowed to return to the team? The year off may have actually been a blessing to him if he learned a valuable life lesson.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I confess that I have never driven the 250 miles to Nac to watch the women play, other than when they were part of DH's. That will change in the upcoming season! I will be shocked if the Ladyjacks don't at least make the Sweet 16, and hopefully go beyond. They turned some heads when they almost/should have beaten Georgia Tech. They will further shock the NCAA world this time around.

YAY!!! Welcome to the club!
nacluth
Rev007 said:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of S. Hart? The last I heard, he was still enrolled at SFA. Any chance he is allowed to return to the team? The year off may have actually been a blessing to him if he learned a valuable life lesson.
unfortunately he made the paper last week in an area you don't want to be in. My guess is no chance of return.
purpleballs
nacluth said:

Rev007 said:

unfortunately he made the paper last week in an area you don't want to be in. My guess is no chance of return.

"A tiger can not change his stripes"

Unfortunately this seems to be the case. Sad these kids can't see the great opportunity to change their lives with a free college education. Putting one in college this year and it's a burden on the pocket book but I'm sure some of y'all already know that.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Rev007 said:

Correct.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah, his ship sailed already unfortunately (a while ago). I hope he gets things together.
Rev007
Thanks everyone for the information on Hart. Let's keep him in our prayers.
PurpleOut
Staff
Booked my flight to Kansas.
nacluth
Awesome! I like how it turned out last time you went out of state.
TallTexan
We're still hunting a Vanya replacement right?
Jacks4460
Rev007 said:

Thanks everyone for the information on Hart. Let's keep him in our prayers.
Yep good hearted kid just no direction or anyone to point him that way.. Mom can only do so much and eventually it comes a time to grow up and make your own decisions.. Really a talented kid.. he is only 20ys old maybe he can get it together and be a productive person..
SFAXE93
The coaching staff is coming together.

HEAD COACH: KYLE KELLER (6TH SEASON)
ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH: TONY JASICK (1ST SEASON)
ASSISTANT HEAD COACH: DALONTE HILL (1ST SEASON)
DIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS: AUSTIN COX (1ST SEASON)
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING ASSISTANT: CODY DUKQUITS (4TH SEASON)
PurpleOut
Staff
Kind of a rough podcast, but it's something:

nacluth
Thanks for the link. Yeah not much here, but little comments here and there that are intriguing.
No-look
nacluth said:

Thanks for the link. Yeah not much here, but little comments here and there that are intriguing.
I'll take anything at this point.lol
CertifiedAxeman98
Anyone have information on Cancun? Wanting to go and can't find any information.
PurpleOut
Staff
November 19th-24th. Looks like we get to start with a home game against Middle Tennessee State.

https://cancunchallenge.net/calendar.aspx?path=mbball
PurpleOut
Staff
All three of the games should be fantastic.

We'll play one of Buffalo or Saint Louis, that'll be awesome.
purpleballs
PurpleOut said:

Where exactly in Cancun will they play?
purpleballs
purpleballs said:

PurpleOut said:

Where exactly in Cancun will they play?
Never mind, I found it.
TallTexan
Are we still in the market for an assistant coach?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Two Kansas players have announced that they are withdrawing from the NBA draft and will remain with the Jayhawks... forward Ochai Agbaji and guard Remy Martin.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Two Kansas players have announced that they are withdrawing from the NBA draft and will remain with the Jayhawks... forward Ochai Agbaji and guard Remy Martin.
Maybe Kansas can keep it close when we play them. Right?
No-look
Anything going on in the basketball world? Summer workouts? We still looking for another player? Can the new recruits dribble or shoot? Lol
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Anything going on in the basketball world? Summer workouts? We still looking for another player? Can the new recruits dribble or shoot? Lol

Not a selfish player on our team.. Work great together and Posey really impressing people.. Really excited about the new blood on the coaching staff.. and still looking for someone to play the 3..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Not a selfish player on our team.. Work great together and Posey really impressing people.. Really excited about the new blood on the coaching staff.. and still looking for someone to play the 3..
Great to hear that about Posey. You never know what you might get after a year away from competition.
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

. Is Jules Moor a 2/3 combo guy? He's a JUCO guy that might be able to give us some meaningful minutes at the 3?
Jacks4460
Yea sir he is a G/F and will give us some meaningful minutes..
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Tanner Smith. Played at Clemson, and two years in Europe. Went the coaching route about eight years ago. Keller had him at the PLF function in Tyler.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

Tanner Smith. Played at Clemson, and two years in Europe. Went the coaching route about eight years ago. Keller had him at the PLF function in Tyler.

Thanks. Jaclyn and Alex pointed him out but I didn't make it all the way around the room.

Good to see you tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.