2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

155,564 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Chemistry is coming along nicely.. Everyone has a role to play.. I agree we are going to have a stacked team with a rising superstar in Posey.. dude almost single handedly defeated Duncanville while in HS.. Duncanville was loaded with D1 players..

And I'm just as high on Tezeno as you are on Posey. He just needs some experience at the college level. The future is bright!
Yes sir he can leap and has a huge upside..
No-look
Cofer should be a big surprise It's easy to overhype freshmen but he has a huge upside. 6'5" guard that can shoot and attack the rim
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Cofer should be a big surprise It's easy to overhype freshmen but he has a huge upside. 6'5" guard that can shoot and attack the rim

Good to know. Quality depth.
SFAJack_76

nacluth
Yessir!
jboy93
When are we going to have the official roster and schedule from the school?
SFA Jack Fanatic

The transfers from A&M and Kansas were the best performers at the first practice. Interesting, a bit surprising, but very pleasing to hear.
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

Womens schedule came out yesterday and we are playing A & M!! Let's get excited about this game for WBB, y'all!
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

SFAJack_76
Paul Quinn - December 4.
Southern- November 11.

From the SFA ticket site.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Paul Quinn - December 4.
Southern- November 11.

From the SFA ticket site.

Well, I'll be. A double header on December 4! A real, live double header. Miracles do happen.
RichieVan
11/9 LSU-Alexandria
11/11 Southern
11/14 South Dakota State
11/19 Middle Tennessee State
11/23 Buffalo (Cancun)
11/24 Illinois State or Saint Louis (Cancun)
11/28 @Northwestern State
12/4 Paul Quinn
12/11 Liberty (Fort Worth)
12/14 Louisiana-Monroe
12/18 @Kansas
12/21 Jackson State
12/30 UT-Rio Grande Valley
1/1 Lamar
1/5 @Abilene Christian
1/8 @Tarleton
1/15 @Sam Houston
1/20 Grand Canyon
1/22 New Mexico State
1/26 @Seattle
1/29 @Cal Baptist
2/3 Utah Valley
2/5 Dixie State
2/10 @Chicago State
2/16 Chicago State
2/19 @Lamar
2/24 Sam Houston
2/26 Abilene Christian
3/2 @New Mexico State
3/5 @UT-Rio Grande Valley

Updated with Southern and Paul Quinn. Now at 30 games. I would think we would want one more game between the Northwestern State game and Liberty game and one more game before Conference play.
SFAXE93
Full schedule up.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

SFASawmillGuy
Not a bad slate at all. Some quality opponents on there that, if we win them all except for maybe Kansas, will do wonders for our resume in March.
nacluth
I would say 15 tough games on the schedule. If we can go to the WAC tournament with less than 6 losses, then I think we can get a decent (12-14 seed) in the tournament. But this is the toughest schedule SFA has played this century.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I would say 15 tough games on the schedule. If we can go to the WAC tournament with less than 6 losses, then I think we can get a decent (12-14 seed) in the tournament. But this is the toughest schedule SFA has played this century.
Agreed. There are going to be a couple of stinkers and head-scratchers along the way, but 4 or 5 losses - to the right teams, of course - should still be good enough to get an invite to the Dance.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Agreed. There are going to be a couple of stinkers and head-scratchers along the way, but 4 or 5 losses - to the right teams, of course - should still be good enough to get an invite to the Dance.

People are gonna learn real quick this isn't the Southland. These teams are better and we will be tested a lot more. But that will help us out more in March like you said. If we can beat GCU or NMSU we can literally beat any team in the country when March rolls around.
SFAXE93
One of the Top 5 head scratchers, beat #1 Duke in Cameron, then get defeated at home to a terrible Texas A&M CC team.

It happens.
No-look
Hoping that all WAC teams have a lot non conference wins. Need multiple bids. If we can beat GCU at home and split with NMSU we should be fine. I read somewhere that NMSU lost three players recently. Don't think they were starters??
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Hoping that all WAC teams have a lot non conference wins. Need multiple bids. If we can beat GCU at home and split with NMSU we should be fine. I read somewhere that NMSU lost three players recently. Don't think they were starters??
On paper, this is the deepest and overall most talented SFA team in recent memory. We may not have a stud superstar, but our depth is going to win us a lot of games. I think the Jacks will be up to the challenge of the WAC.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

On paper, this is the deepest and overall most talented SFA team in recent memory. We may not have a stud superstar, but our depth is going to win us a lot of games. I think the Jacks will be up to the challenge of the WAC.

I think you're on target, fanatic. Our depth is going to cause some problems in the second half. If we are disciplined enough, we will force wac contenders into playing our game.
jboy93
Is it way too early to get excited about Posey and Tezeno? I think one or both of them will be our next superstar!
CertifiedAxeman98
I got some emails with tickets to download today but the website does not show them so I can't transfer any yet.
jboy93
Also, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse with saying this, but our basketball programs have brought us so much more national attention than prison tech's football "national championship". They kept going on and on about that in the BOTPW link. As long as we are FCS in football, basketball to me shines brighter. You can't tell me that our victories over VCU, Baylor, LSU, Duke, WVa, and almost Notre Dame have meant so much more to our university than their spring "national championship"! Okay...I'm done now! Sorry for the rant.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I got some emails with tickets to download today but the website does not show them so I can't transfer any yet.
Perhaps you also noticed that both MBB and WBB tickets have the football logo on them. I have pointed that out to Wally and Chris. They are "working on it."

There have been multiple ticketing issues this year for them to work through. Don't know why since the system hasn't changed. I miss Drew.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Is it way too early to get excited about Posey and Tezeno? I think one or both of them will be our next superstar!

I don't want to put the cart before the horse on this, Jboy, but I think you may just be right. For now, let's just keep both of them under lock and key and spring them on the unsuspecting WACsters a bit later.
TallTexan
Thought this was the old photo of them and the 4Horn plane, but this is the new coaches.

Wonder where they were headed.

https://twitter.com/coach_keller12/status/1445910686924685314?t=k-j4dABQpaCQOSuFJmku9A&s=19
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Thought this was the old photo of them and the 4Horn plane, but this is the new coaches.

https://twitter.com/coach_keller12/status/1445910686924685314?t=k-j4dABQpaCQOSuFJmku9A&s=19

Don't know where they were going, but that is one of Loddie Naymola's planes. The guy the basketball performance center is named for. It's based in Austin.

Edit: The evening of September 22, it flew from Chicago to Nacogdoches before returning to Austin.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

Don't know where they were going, but that is one of Loddie Naymola's planes. The guy the basketball performance center is named for. It's based in Austin.

Ah gotcha. I'd looked up the tail number before but didn't realize it was one of Naymola's for some reason.
PurpleOut
Staff
Looks like the roster is slowly being updated: https://sfajacks.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Ljacks&Longnecks
In Vegas the last couple of days at Cosmopolitan. In checking out futures, SFA is on the National Championship printout at 2000/1 . Fun to see SFA name actually listed in said futures.
SFASawmillGuy
Go ahead and put $100 down. There's harder ways to make $200k.
jboy93
Why is the roster being released a little at a time? No big deal, just seems a little odd to add a few names each day?
jboy93
jboy93 said:

Why is the roster being released a little at a time? No big deal, just seems a little odd to add a few names each day?
Maybe it's just my computer. It seems there is a new player added every few minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.