THIS IS THE WAC

129,504 Views | 1028 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ACU catching up to us in basketball, and blowing by us in most other facilities.
TallTexan
Did they tear Moody down completely?
BigJack85
Our "overall" facilities situation will be helped tremendously by the new basketball performance center. Migrating soccer and volleyball into the old men's and women's basketball offices will create space in the field house.

I think I heard some sort of structure is coming for track and field. That would be gigantic.
PurpleOut
Staff
I've heard about some additional things that may or may not be coming down the line to add to our soccer facilities.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I've heard about some additional things that may or may not be coming down the line to add to our soccer facilities.
I have heard the same. I think that will happen before next season.
Jacks4460
that is so good to hear...
nacluth
Anyone know if there's a good WAC app? The only one I've seen appears to be defunct.
TallTexan
Excellent news.

PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Excellent news.

I think we had too many ESPN accounts (all Texas 4 schools) to let a deal with the WAC slip away.
TallTexan
I'm a fan of it for sure. Can't beat the distribution and hopefully there's enough money for schools to invest in atleast a halfway decent tv product.

Also, now that ESPN has pissed everyone off with their SEC dealings, might be some slots opening up for wider promotion of FCS broadcasts if everyone else goes to war with ESPN.

Either way, I'm just glad we avoided Flo Sports.
SFAXE93
Dodged a bullet

SFAXE93

Utah Valley is going to be good again.
BigJack85
Very. Very.
TallTexan
Important read on the WAC.

SFAJack_76
I have not heard the backstory on the commissioner leaving, but the rest seems accurate. The idea that Tarleton is running things is laughable. Not when Ryan Ivey is around.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I have not heard the backstory on the commissioner leaving, but the rest seems accurate. The idea that Tarleton is running things is laughable. Not when Ryan Ivey is around.

Right? Like if someone is launching a conference coup, my guess is that it's the place in Texas that had 9 flags.

Some great info though. They must have one heck of a replacement in mind if they told Hurd to retire.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

True dat. Tarleton isn't even a full D1 member yet. If anything the new members are gaming to build a solid football league that doesn't stretch to Washington. I still think the prudent add is Idaho. 1. Recently a full D1 FBS school. 2. Biggest rival is Boise. Boise won't play them as a FCS school. 3. Idaho does a solid research component. They want to be FBS. They just need the right alignment.

I'm thinking Idaho, Southern Utah, Utah Tech, New Mexico and Northern Colorado make a solid western flank of the WAC football empire.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

That "Tarleton running things" rumor is a knee-slapper.
SFAXE93
Top 5 Basketball Arenas Around the Western Athletic Conference

https://www.wachoopsdigest.com/top-5-basketball-arenas-around-the-western-athletic-conference/

SFAXE93

https://www.wacsports.com/general/2021-22/releases/20210823lz8tv6
TallTexan
All football and men and women's basketball games will be on ESPN+, with some select games on ESPN. Wonder if there's a guaranteed number of traditional broadcasts

All told, some 500 events will be on ESPN platforms per year.
SFASawmillGuy
Again, not to beat a dead horse, but I just hope our quality of broadcasts go up. They've been atrocious the past couple of years and unfortunately with work and my new family I can't make it to Nac every week. I don't care which service we use, I just want competent camera work, actual ambient stadium noise, and a professional looking stream.
There's no reason high schools should have better streamed games than a D1 program.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Top 5 Basketball Arenas Around the Western Athletic Conference

https://www.wachoopsdigest.com/top-5-basketball-arenas-around-the-western-athletic-conference/

I don't know what the Cal Baptist Events Center looks like inside, but the exterior is gorgeous.
sfa17

SFAXE93
The inside

TallTexan
Very nice.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Agree. Very nice.
RichieVan
After their performance against UTEP, maybe New Mexico State should consider reclassifying to FCS and join the WAC in football. Just kidding, but not really.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We can get sneak peeks at two future opponents this week... Jacksonville State vs. UAB on Wednesday on ESPN, and Prison Tech vs. Northern Arizona on Thursday on ESPN+. Lamar vs. North American University also on Thursday, but no streaming.

BTW, North American University is in Stafford, a suburb of Houston. I follow Houston area sports extensively and I had no idea the school even existed. They have already played two games, losing to Hardin-Simmons 65-8 and beating Louisiana College 42-41. Looks like Lamar may have their hands full with them.
TallTexan
RichieVan said:

After their performance against UTEP, maybe New Mexico State should consider reclassifying to FCS and join the WAC in football. Just kidding, but not really.

You aren't wrong.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

We can get sneak peeks at two future opponents this week... Jacksonville State vs. UAB on Wednesday on ESPN, and Prison Tech vs. Northern Arizona on Thursday on ESPN+. Lamar vs. North American University also on Thursday, but no streaming.

BTW, North American University is in Stafford, a suburb of Houston. I follow Houston area sports extensively and I had no idea the school even existed. They have already played two games, losing to Hardin-Simmons 65-8 and beating Louisiana College 42-41. Looks like Lamar may have their hands full with them.
I've never heard of them either and Stafford is 10 minutes from me...weird!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I've never heard of them either and Stafford is 10 minutes from me...weird!

Their address shows to be on West Airport Blvd. in Houston. It's a non-profit university. Enrollment is less than 300. I had no idea...
Pilotgirl
I'm on west airport almost every work day. I'll see what I can find....
PurpleOut
Staff
I wonder if they recruit kids from Bishop Sycamore.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

I wonder if they recruit kids from Bishop Sycamore.
ROFL! I think they share players. (I saw a photo of a Sycamore lineman. He was 25 if he was a day...)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.