THIS IS THE WAC

129,538 Views | 1028 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

He'd fit perfectly in Mike Leach's offense at Miss St.
SFAXE93
Or with Eric Morris at Washington State.

Or Texas Tech

Depends on the situation on the QB depth chart.
SFASawmillGuy
True but his quick release and pre snap decision making just make him the ultimate air raid QB. Doesn't read the defenses during plays it seems to be good in more complicated systems but the air raid he will continue to dominate.
BigJack85
The only team I see challenging us next year is Tarleton. And that may be a stretch.
SFAXE93
Incarnate Word (FCS - TX): Houston linebackers coach Archie McDaniel is visiting with Incarnate Word about their vacant head coaching position today, sources tell FootballScoop.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Incarnate Word (FCS - TX): Houston linebackers coach Archie McDaniel is visiting with Incarnate Word about their vacant head coaching position today, sources tell FootballScoop.
Interesting direction. Has experience at NMSU & TX St, which should help. Gonna have to be somebody that can work with low amounts of school financial support.
SFAXE93
ARCHIE MCDANIEL FILE
Coaching History
2021- Houston Linebackers
2019-20 Texas State Co-Defensive Coordinator/Inside Linebackers
2018 New Mexico Outside Linebackers
2015-17 SMU Linebackers
2014 New Mexico Outside Linebackers
2012-13 New Mexico Defensive Line
2011 Tulsa Defensive Line
2010 Tight Ends/H-Backs
2009 Texas Southern Linebackers
2008 Texas A&M Graduate Assistant
2007 Trinity Valley Community College
TallTexan
BigJack85
UIW breaks up the WAC?
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

UIW breaks up the WAC?
What news did I miss?
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

UIW breaks up the WAC?
What news did I miss?

A tweet from Mid Major something….
TallTexan
Oh I don't think that dude knows crap. Always making things up it seems.

I don't think people were happy with UIW, but supposing that UIW is added, why would the league split so that the Texas schools who hate UIW are stuck with them even more?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Oh I don't think that dude knows crap. Always making things up it seems.

I don't think people were happy with UIW, but supposing that UIW is added, why would the league split so that the Texas schools who hate UIW are stuck with them even more?
He is simply looking for clicks. And, it works. We were the one most against UIW joining the WAC, and we aren't going anywhere.
PurpleOut
Staff
You must be talking about the "low madness" guy.

He sucks. Doesn't matter what your opinion is, he will try to discredit it. Unfollowed him a long time ago.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

You must be talking about the "low madness" guy.

He sucks. Doesn't matter what your opinion is, he will try to discredit it. Unfollowed him a long time ago.

Got it.
BigJack85
Matt Brown's Extra Points, says UT Arlington is still looking (MVC, OVC or WAC) Interesting. I'm not inclined to add a non-football school like UTA. Thoughts ….
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Matt Brown's Extra Points, says UT Arlington is still looking (MVC, OVC or WAC) Interesting. I'm not inclined to add a non-football school like UTA. Thoughts ….
I've heard that a time or two from Matt as well. Seems like MVC is still the betting favorite.

On the one hand, UTA used to have a decent team and playing in DFW every year would be nice. On the other, they've been dog crap lately. 255 on Kenpom. Little Rock too. My goodness how far those teams have fallen.

Personally, and I doubt it'd happen, give me the football/basketball teams of Texas Southern and PVAMU. They'd add to the conference and help it grow. Plus they're easy drives. That said, I don't think any SWAC teams are jumping right now.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

I've heard that a time or two from Matt as well. Seems like MVC is still the betting favorite.

On the one hand, UTA used to have a decent team and playing in DFW every year would be nice. On the other, they've been dog crap lately. 255 on Kenpom. Little Rock too. My goodness how far those teams have fallen.

Personally, and I doubt it'd happen, give me the football/basketball teams of Texas Southern and PVAMU. They'd add to the conference and help it grow. Plus they're easy drives. That said, I don't think any SWAC teams are jumping right now.

I don't think SWAC schools are moving either. With what Jackson State has going on you'd be foolish to go.

My hope is that Central Oklahoma comes aboard. A lot depends on what the WCC does. I think the WCC adds at least one school (Seattle). If they add 3 CBU is a possibility. Grand Canyon seems a long shot (secular)

Building up to a more southwest configuration (adding UCO a and a Northern Colorado would be interesting
TallTexan
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Wow. Interesting. Is leadership expecting defections out west?
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Wow. Interesting. Is leadership expecting defections out west?
There have been rumors on the WCC, but nothing concrete.

That said, it might just be an instance of taking a good school when you can. Basketball quality aside, they're a pretty decent replacement for NMSU (UIW was a filler for Sam I'm assuming).

So you get a game that's 20 minutes from the airport, a massive state university, and everyone gets to play in DFW.

Will be nice for some of our Dallas alums to have a close local game.
SFAXE93
Welcome to the WAC

nacluth
Cool. I like the get. I like a sports school that supports the non-football sports. They're going to be competitors.
SFAXE93
Get a 7-team Texas division

WAC 2023

ABILENE CHRISTIAN
CALIFORNIA BAPTIST UNIVERSITY
GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY
INCARNATE WORD
LAMAR UNIVERSITY
SEATTLE UNIVERSITY
SOUTHERN UTAH
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE
TARLETON STATE
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS RIO GRANDE VALLEY
UTAH TECH
UTAH VALLEY
nacluth
3 Utah schools, no Sam?
SFAXE93
Well, Sam's leaving so not counting them for the future. More like 2023 WAC.
nacluth
And no New Mexico St.
SFAXE93
I listed New Mex St. right below Lamar.
nacluth
SFAXE93 said:

I listed New Mex St. right below Lamar.
Sorry, I'm not trying to nitpick you. Thanks for putting it together. What I was saying is that New Mexico State is leaving with Sam to the CUSA. So next year, both of them are here. 2023 both are gone.
SFAXE93
Yes, you are right, sorry my mind is going fast, totally forgot NMSU was leaving as well.
Pilotgirl
Tell me you're a Lumberjack fan without telling me you're a Lumberjack fan:
SFAJack_76
Sam attendance for NMSU and GCU games …. 491 and 602. Why does any decent BB player want to go there?
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Sam attendance for NMSU and GCU games …. 491 and 602. Why does any decent BB player want to go there?
I honestly have no idea.

What Hooten has accomplished in spite of that fanbase is honestly impressive.
SFAJack_76
It was mentioned in a MBB game thread that Keller said they need to recruit better. Keller is one of several of our coaches that have said they must recruit better to win championships and be a consistent top three in the WAC. Leaving football out, because the WAC is not really new, upgraded competition for them, I suggest that WBB is the only team that is WAC ready. Softball is close in spite of having the worst facilities in the conference. Soccer is close. Some T&F individuals are there. That's it. The rest are middle of the pack. Or worse, like golf. (Remember that bowling and beach VB are competing in different conferences.)
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

It was mentioned in a MBB game thread that Keller said they need to recruit better. Keller is one of several of our coaches that have said they must recruit better to win championships and be a consistent top three in the WAC. Leaving football out, because the WAC is not really new, upgraded competition for them, I suggest that WBB is the only team that is WAC ready. Softball is close in spite of having the worst facilities in the conference. Soccer is close. Some T&F individuals are there. That's it. The rest are middle of the pack. Or worse, like golf. (Remember that bowling and beach VB are competing in different conferences.)

76. Your analysis is dead on. I think we can close the gap in basketball relatively quickly with our new facilities. Baseball and Softball are such a challenge, with facilities. I don't know how we get that over the hump without a major $$$$$ injection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.