THIS IS THE WAC

129,534 Views | 1028 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'll have to take a wait-and-see attitude about how this "bold new WAC postseason BB seeding system" will work.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/wac-altering-basketball-tournament-formats-by-introducing-bold-new-seeding-concept-based-on-advanced-analytics/
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'll have to take a wait-and-see attitude about how this "bold new WAC postseason BB seeding system" will work.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/wac-altering-basketball-tournament-formats-by-introducing-bold-new-seeding-concept-based-on-advanced-analytics/
I like it. Just another step to try to have the best teams matched up for the conference tournament, which should be better for the entire WAC.
BigJack85
Lamar returning to the SLC immediately ….. lame.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
WTH
SFAXE93
I agree, yes, Lamar is lame, back to the SLC with ya, they know they should have never left.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just a month before school starts. Clowns.
SFAJack_76
We now have three home football games scheduled. Impact on soccer and volleyball also. I now despise Lamar almost as much as UIW.
SFAXE93
Can't that game just be a non-conference game now, and still be played?

That game was for Family Weekend.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

I agree, yes, Lamar is lame, back the SLC with ya, they know they should have never left.

Didn't want another year of being a WAC punching bag.
nacluth
ACU, Sam and SFA were the only Southland teams at the time that had the goods for any type of step up. Lamar has nothing then and nothing now. Now the WAC's goal is to keep from becoming another Southland after Sam and NMSU leave.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAXE93 said:

I agree, yes, Lamar is lame, back the SLC with ya, they know they should have never left.

Didn't want another year of being a WAC punching bag.
You're right they don't want another season of being embarrassed in the WAC, at least in the SLC it's expected.
SFA Jack Fanatic
"This is an exciting time for Lamar University Athletics." ~ Lamar President Jaime Taylor.

Didn't I see an ad with Jaime selling bottles of magic elixir out the back of a covered wagon?
SFAXE93
I guess we better get Texas College on the horn ASAP.
SFASawmillGuy
Gonna have to buy ol' cotton plenty of shells.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
The statement regarding Lamar says nothing about Lamar. Well done.
SFAJack_76
Good interview with Ivey.
nacluth
This quote: "The WAC is set to debut a new formula this year with basketball that will not go off of conference record but a formula based on total strength of schedule through the KenPom rankings along with record."

I'm not sure that will be much clearer than the tiebreaker formulas so far.
SFAXE93
Unless, we get another team to come in, no home game for the Jacks until Oct. 8
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Unless, we get another team to come in, no home game for the Jacks until Oct. 8

On the phone to: Sul Ross St, Texas College, Oakland University, North American University etc etc etc etc.
SFASawmillGuy
I'm sure we'll get a sub d1 independent. Would be nice to get Midwestern State or WTAMU again seeing as how they're rumored to be the WAC's next targets.
SFAXE93
Get the highest ranked division II team they can find.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

I'm sure we'll get a sub d1 independent. Would be nice to get Midwestern State or WTAMU again seeing as how they're rumored to be the WAC's next targets.

I'd like to think so. I'm not sure that it is to late. Here's to hoping.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy said:

Both have full schedules.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Doubt it would happen but shouldn't Lamar have to pay some kind of compensation to SFA and others?? They were still committed to the WAC then pulled this last minute stunt. Seems they should be on the hook for something.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Doubt it would happen but shouldn't Lamar have to pay some kind of compensation to SFA and others?? They were still committed to the WAC then pulled this last minute stunt. Seems they should be on the hook for something.
I can't verify the accuracy of the amount, but yes there is compensation to the WAC.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kyle (WACHoopsDigest) also mentioned that we had a record year in revenue this past season. I haven't seen any data, and haven't really looked or asked...but that's not surprising at all. And further shows that we would be committed to staying where we are.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Kyle (WACHoopsDigest) also mentioned that we had a record year in revenue this past season. I haven't seen any data, and haven't really looked or asked...but that's not surprising at all. And further shows that we would be committed to staying where we are.

Ya. The big knock on the WAC is travel. For sure it's more than a pure bus league like the SLC. We still have bus destinations (ACU Tarleton UTA) and an additional in state trip. The long and short of it seems to be that media and NCAA unit payouts will more than cover the additional travel costs.

I don't see a logical reason for us returning to the SLC The level of competition and the direction of the conference does not leave me with confidence. I mean you still have UNO and HBU with really low budgets or crappy facilities. That doesn't factor in other laggards like Nicholls and UIW.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
Worth a listen.
SFAXE93
LU Schedule

They just posted their new football schedule.

ACU still gets their game.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Sam only has nine games. Somebody translate this for me, please.
SFAXE93
We could give them Warner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.