2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

106,967 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks1989 said:

Clayton Southwick the Snow College commit.
6'8" Big, Is averaging 11 ppg and 7 rbg.

I noticed he has not played in the last 7 games. Anyone have any updates on him? I know he has had a lot of past injuries.

Ya. I noticed the same thing. He was average about 10-11 pts a game. Had a couple breakout games with 20 pts.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Jacks1989 said:

I noticed he has not played in the last 7 games. Anyone have any updates on him? I know he has had a lot of past injuries.

Ya. I noticed the same thing. He was average about 10-11 pts a game. Had a couple breakout games with 20 pts.
Can't find why he isn't playing. 50% free throw shooter BTW.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Jacks1989 said:

Can't find why he isn't playing. 50% free throw shooter BTW.
Still not in the lineup. Interesting
nacluth
Is it kind of crazy that if ACU can beat Utah Valley at home (a big ask), that we'll control our destiny again.

Edit: Actually Sam would have to beat SUU for this to happen. They are tied currently in the second. I'm not rooting for Sam though.
nacluth
Well ACU gave it a good shot, but came up short in the final minute. UVU just has UTA and SFA at home to clinch the regular season championship and #1 seed.
SFAXE93
Big game on National TV!

SFAXE93
PurpleOut
Staff
I haven't seen any promotion posted or mention of the Sam game yet today, other than Keller in his interview hoping people come out, and from accounts run by fans. It's really frustrating to me.

I wish we'd take the risk of offering free tickets like we used to. Such a massive game. Not just because it's Sam Houston (and that's seemingly only when a small % of our fans come out), but the game has big time implications.

Take the small hit for one night if it means doubling the size of the crowd and atmosphere.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I haven't seen any promotion posted or mention of the Sam game yet today, other than Keller in his interview hoping people come out, and from accounts run by fans. It's really frustrating to me.

I wish we'd take the risk of offering free tickets like we used to. Such a massive game. Not just because it's Sam Houston (and that's seemingly only when a small % of our fans come out), but the game has big time implications.

Take the small hit for one night if it means doubling the size of the crowd and atmosphere.

I'm at a loss for the lack of effort on promoting events this year. Absolutely do not get it.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

. Trying to waltz with someone who doesn't care to dance is hard lol
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

. Trying to waltz with someone who doesn't care to dance is hard lol

I wonder if C-USA is feeling a little buyers remorse in not trying to keep the BOTPW together at this point.
Pilotgirl
If I'm not mistaken, I think there are marketing position(s) open in the athletic dept,which may account for lack of promotion. Or, there was earlier in the year.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think there are marketing position(s) open in the athletic dept,which may account for lack of promotion. Or, there was earlier in the year.

Yeah totally agree and get that we're still understaffed. But putting a tweet out takes no effort or time. You can even have them scheduled ahead of time.

Sam Houston, who we've always made fun of for their lack of commitment to marketing and promotion, promoted our game in Huntsville for weeks.
BigJack85
Not to sound optimistic, but it seems like crowds are improving. If only gradually.

I mean compared to last year. The NMSU game was pretty freaking consequential + it was NMSU, a regular 20 win squad. We drew 2200 I think.

Compare that to the Seattle U game this year. SU was on a roll. I think 6-1 in conference. So, similar in my mind to NMSU a last year. We drew a little over 3200. So , in my kind that's progress.
SFAJack_76
People have zero understanding, or appreciation, of how many hours these young men and women are putting in. Day, night, weekends, home, or on the road. Most are also full time students. 95% of the people on this message board would not do their job.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
The SFA Athletics Twitter account has 40,000+ followers. 0 tweets this week about the Ladyjacks tonight on Senior Night, 0 tweets about the Mens game tomorrow against Sam Houston. The best they've done is their massive calendar for the week post.

0 Tweets from the MBB page as well about tomorrow night.

Oh well.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Yeah, sure looks like our media folks are overworked, doesn't it? Maybe Villanova's folks can get a little OT by covering some of the overabundance of SFA athletics activity happening right now.
nacluth
DayDay's arm is in a sling at the Ladyjacks game.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Ugh. He finds a way.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The SFA Athletics Twitter account has 40,000+ followers. 0 tweets this week about the Ladyjacks tonight on Senior Night, 0 tweets about the Mens game tomorrow against Sam Houston. The best they've done is their massive calendar for the week post.

0 Tweets from the MBB page as well about tomorrow night.

Oh well.

20,000 followers on Facebook too and much of the same.
No-look
nacluth said:

nacluth
Final seeding out for resume purposes. No huge issues except for the two champions honestly. Both conference champs are 2 seeds which is ridiculous. UTA has a little gripe that they shouldn't be last seed.

SFA finished tied for fourth in the standings. Lost all games to the top three seeds. Beat Seattle (4) and GCU (5) at home, lost to GCU away. Basically where we should be.

Schedule broke in such a way that we still technically had a chance to be WAC champs and get a bye in the last week of the season. Crazy.

It will be interesting if the schools support this system moving forward.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Final seeding out for resume purposes. No huge issues except for the two champions honestly. Both conference champs are 2 seeds which is ridiculous. UTA has a little gripe that they shouldn't be last seed.

SFA finished tied for fourth in the standings. Lost all games to the top three seeds. Beat Seattle (4) and GCU (5) at home, lost to GCU away. Basically where we should be.

Schedule broke in such a way that we still technically had a chance to be WAC champs and get a bye in the last week of the season. Crazy.

It will be interesting if the schools support this system moving forward.

Imho the seeding system needs to take a one year hiatus and be reworked. The WAC should out a hard press on ORU. The WAC could possibly be a top 10 net conference with ORU. Additionally ORU adds a solid geographic partner to the "Southwest" schools. They also fit with most other sports. I know it's a long shot.

My question for ORU would be , how do you fit with schools all the way to the Canadian border?
wahlwesle
I admittedly don't know how to put pictures on here, so I hope the link below works. It's confusing that they included JJP in this photo and omitted Jalil.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0jnN8a387DL2mgzEeYr66aTrJY3D9oJVX4KLC2V5xN7w5iLZVQv4erW4VvQZEpVihl&id=100067387831349&mibextid=qC1gEa
nacluth
Yeah. Probably someone spent a long time on a graphic and wanted to use it. But you're right that it's not the clearest for fans.
No-look
Any word on Nana? Still in hospital?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Any word on Nana? Still in hospital?
Went home on Friday. Recovering well with an excellent prognosis.
No-look
That's great!
No-look
Will the Jacks have a few more games in their arsenal? Need to start the new season with a win and a game at a time. Just need to forget Friday night. Refocus and a clear attitudeโ€ฆ this team took Sam to OT and should have won it. New win streak about to begin!
Jacks1989
Any word if Nana can play?
Pilotgirl
Jacks1989 said:

Any word if Nana can play?

Is this a joke? He had surgery...
Jacks1989
Sorry about that. Had no idea he had surgery. Did not know his status.
Pilotgirl
Jacks1989 said:

Back injury
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Jacks1989 said:

Back injury

Was it major? Like what are his odds of playing next year?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.