2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

106,277 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Jacks1989 said:

Earlier this summer there was a pic with Tezeno in a boot. Any updates on his status?
Out until late September/early October...depending on how rehab goes.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Jacks1989 said:

Earlier this summer there was a pic with Tezeno in a boot. Any updates on his status?
other schools deal with this as much of this as we do? Seems like every year…
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

Jacks1989 said:

other schools deal with this as much of this as we do? Seems like every year…
Deal with what? Injuries? Of course. I'd say our injury problems have been average.
SFAXE93

Walkup and Harris in the lineup
nacluth
Interesting stat for Keller, out of the 14 athletes that have had the opportunity, every player that came in as a freshman under Keller and played all 4 years here is in the NBA. 100%. Not a bad stat.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Interesting stat for Keller, out of the 14 athletes that have had the opportunity, every player that came in as a freshman under Keller and played all 4 years here is in the NBA. 100%. Not a bad stat.

I see what you did there, nacluth.
SFAXE93
No-look
Starts the blood flowing
No-look
This is the "what if?" game. This is the game to dream. This is a game where your heart doesn't finish that four letter word - can't. It catches in your throat when you see that last ball go up, and all you can do is scream.[/quot Kevon talking about the Duke game got me to remembering. So this tribute goes to nacluth in this pregame write up. Dude nailed it.
nacluth
Haha. Thanks no-look. Glad someone remembers when I get something right.
No-look
nacluth said:

Haha. Thanks no-look. Glad someone remembers when I get something right.
. Our son and his family were staying with us as they were building their house. I woke up four kids that were down for the night with a yell. Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
Another home-home with Louisiana Tech, starting this year in Ruston on December 14th.
Jacks1989
Not sure how good La Tech will be this year. They lost there stud player to the NBA, Kenneth Loftin.
SFAXE93
No-look
Next week is SFA week for 2022-23 for season previews for WAC basketball. Give @WACHoopsDigest a follow if your not following. Lots of good content about WAC basketball
djsfw57
SFAXE93 said:

I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!
SFA, Class of 1979
PurpleOut
Staff
Just a little review to get us ready for the new season.

SFAJack_76
Good job.
SFA88
I saw WACHoopsDigest suggested NAU might be a fit for the WAC. Geographically, it is but they aren't good at anything. I mean NONE of the sports they offer are more than average at best. Men's basketball is a train wreck. Also, they only offer 3 men's sports. Women's basketball is better but still middle of the Big Sky.
Jacks1989
Any updates on how summer basketball went for the Jacks?

Did any of the new additions stand out? Really would like to know how the bigs look.
BigJack85
SFA88 said:

I saw WACHoopsDigest suggested NAU might be a fit for the WAC. Geographically, it is but they aren't good at anything. I mean NONE of the sports they offer are more than average at best. Men's basketball is a train wreck. Also, they only offer 3 men's sports. Women's basketball is better but still middle of the Big Sky.

NAU has publicly said NO to the WAC. The one that might listen is Northern Colorado. The WAC offers a much better baseball AND basketball conference. Northern Colorado has had some success on the hardwood recently.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA88
BigJack85 said:

SFA88 said:

NAU has publicly said NO to the WAC. The one that might listen is Northern Colorado. The WAC offers a much better baseball AND basketball conference. Northern Colorado has had some success on the hardwood recently.

First, let me correct myself and say NAU won the national championship in men's cross country last year so they are good in 1 sport.

Northern Colorado seems like a much better fit. They list the WAC on their athletics website so they are participating in the WAC in something. If their experience with the conference is positive in whatever that sport is, it could be helpful.

My oldest went to NAU. Good academics but, OOF, their athletics.
SFAXE93

Nana for the slam!
No-look
BigJack85
No-look said:

Great interview. Well done, Kyle.
Jacks1989
Fantastic interview. Coach K gives a great interview.

Sounds like Jalil is doing great
SFA Jack Fanatic
"Today Nana made a few plays and decided he wants to be a basketball player." Ha!

It appears that Roti is going to be able to pick up where he left off before the injury. Good to know!

And as 1989 said, Jalil may be a real diamond in the rough.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

"Today Nana made a few plays and decided he wants to be a basketball player." Ha!

It appears that Roti is going to be able to pick up where he left off before the injury. Good to know!

Also hearing we're still looking for another big for that last spot
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Also hearing we're still looking for another big for that last spot
Huh?? Do tell...
SFA88
Was it just me or could everyone else tell he wanted to say, "Look at the teams we have beaten on the road. We aren't afraid of little New Mexico State"
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Reminds me of when he explained to Jovan what the media room was after he had a good game. Coach K has the personality to win over any players.
BigJack85
SFA88 said:

Was it just me or could everyone else tell he wanted to say, "Look at the teams we have beaten on the road. We aren't afraid of little New Mexico State"

Ya. I noticed that. The record Keller has built is admirable.
Jacks1989
Wish coach would have talked some about AJ and Kyle. I have a feeling Kyle is going to be a big time shooter.
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

Wish coach would have talked some about AJ and Kyle. I have a feeling Kyle is going to be a big time shooter.
Right. The interview ended just when it was getting good.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'll add that I think AJ has an opportunity to be the best PG that we've ever had under Keller. He's not there yet, but he has it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.