2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

105,369 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
No-look said:

That's a Sunday game. Remember the excuses from our students last year when played on Sunday? lol
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

That's a Sunday game. Remember the excuses from our students last year when played on Sunday? lol

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989
Any updates on Tezono and his injury from earlier this summer?

Also does anyone have any thoughts on Robbie Armbrister? Is he a project or do y'all think he will get a lot of playing time. Wondering if anyone has heard anything thing on him.

Just really ready for the season to start
PurpleOut
Staff
Tezeno has been practicing for a few weeks, which was ahead of schedule. Should be good to go.

Armbrester didn't get a lot of minutes at UH as a freshman, but he's a high energy player that can jump through the roof. Good size for a guard, definitely looks like a player you'd see on a P5 roster. He'll definitely get floor time.

SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Tezeno has been practicing for a few weeks, which was ahead of schedule. Should be good to go.

Armbrester didn't get a lot of minutes at UH as a freshman, but he's a high energy player that can jump through the roof. Good size for a guard, definitely looks like a player you'd see on a P5 roster. He'll definitely get floor time.

True about Armbrester. Being the odd man out on a deep national championship-quality team at UH does not mean you're not a very good player.
SFAXE93
Jacks1989
That's your 3 point shooter right there. He is going to have a big year!

Hayman said, Robbie Armbrister is the one standing out.

This team is just stacked.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

That's your 3 point shooter right there. He is going to have a big year!

Hayman said, Robbie Armbrister is the one standing out.

This team is just stacked.

I'll be watching both the men and women practicing tomorrow. True, it will only be single practices, but I may be able to gain a bit of first-hand knowledge about our new players on both teams. I'm ready for some hoops!
nacluth
Unfortunately I'm busy early in the morning but I'll be free for the men's show in the afternoon. Look forward to seeing these guys move.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
No-look
Here at scrimmage. Don't see Murphy??
nacluth
No Murphy. DayDay in rehab work. And currently White killing Purple.
nacluth
White: Jossell, Robbie, Hayman, Posey, Nana

Purple: Roti, AJ, Tezeno, Hawkins, Beaubrun.
nacluth
Scott in for Roti. Roti and Nigel still taking low percentage shots. :/

Robbie is a beast around the basket. Jossell and Posey really cranking up the defensive pressure.

However, every player looks like they belong here. I don't know if I've ever thought that before. Solid teams even if some are tougher than others.
nacluth
New teams. Purple: Posey, Ware, Nigel, Robbie, Nana

White: AJ, Jossell, Hayman, Beaubrun, Tezeno
SFA Jack Fanatic
I thought Armbrester stood out. Very vocal, very active. He seems to have fun playing the game. I like that! Jossell shot the ball pretty well. Disappointed that Murphy was not there. Hope it's nothing serious.
No-look
All the vets looked solid as did all the new guys. Robbie is gonna be a problem for opposing teams. AJ, Hayman, looked good as well as Jilil. Looks to be the deepest team in a while.
Jacks1989
Who looked like the best big man. Nana or Jalil?

Did Big Cade play?
SFA Jack Fanatic
I thought Nana did pretty well. I somewhat disagree with Nacluth about Jalil. I didn't see much from him.

The big fellow Cade did not play.
nacluth
Jalil definitely looked winded compared to Nana but he could move better than any fourth big I've seen on a team in a while.
Jacks1989
Any news on why Monty wasn't at scrimmage today?
Jacks4460
He gone
nacluth
What?!?
No-look
Bummer
No-look
Jacks4460 said:

He gone
What happened?
Jacks4460
Not sure.. his recruitment /commitment/de commitment saga…there has been issues from the get go.. I think our team is just fine and I believe in Keller and staff 100%
No-look
Looks like 11 scholarship players. Team is still deep. Didn't see anyone that played today that won't get minutes
Jacks1989
Well maybe it's a good thing. We need kids that buy into the program. Nana and Jalil are going to have to step it up. Looks like Big Cade will see some floor time too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Not sure.. his recruitment /commitment/de commitment saga…there has been issues from the get go.. I think our team is just fine and I believe in Keller and staff 100%

Him leaving is a real bummer. I think it's going to hurt more than some realize. We needed his length. Our smaller, quicker, more athletic guys are going to do well most of the time, but there will be a game or two where we just don't match up well, and it's going to cost us.

What is the deal with him anyway? Just a confused young man, or what? College coaches have to deal with a lot other than coaching these days.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Him leaving is a real bummer. I think it's going to hurt more than some realize. We needed his length. Our smaller, quicker, more athletic guys are going to do well most of the time, but there will be a game or two where we just don't match up well, and it's going to cost us.

What is the deal with him anyway? Just a confused young man, or what? College coaches have to deal with a lot other than coaching these days.

Beaubrun needs to develop. And quick.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
With scholarships available I'm wondering if they are looking at anyone else? Or is it too late to add players? Any players left in the portal?
PurpleOut
Staff
Hall apparently had a shoulder issue a few weeks ago that they thought was going to keep him out for a while. But I overheard him on Saturday saying he should be back in action soon, so no worries there.

On Murphy, he missed on Saturday with a personal issue. Seems like he's going through some things, but let's not count him out yet.

Agree with some of the other comments from the scrimmage though. Similar to what I've said in the past month, we've got some tremendous depth. Legitimately 10 guys that could see a lot of minutes. Robbie and Posey definitely stood out the most.

Robbie is going to be one of those players that you love to have on your team...but hate to play against. Very aggressive, loud, and intimidating.
SFAXE93
Murphy is still on the roster and if you are gone, they pull you off of it pretty fast.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.