2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

105,471 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

I'll add that I think AJ has an opportunity to be the best PG that we've ever had under Keller. He's not there yet, but he has it.
Good news. He averaged over 19 points per game, 7 asssists and 5 rebounds. D1 is harder than JUCO but those kind of numbers can translate. He also had 6 double doubles. . There was a reason for all his awards.
SFA88
I saw on the Twitter Machine (yes I stole that) from WacHoopsDigest that SFA will play Gardner-Webb in Nac. It is listed on Gardner-Webb's schedule.
jboy93
Just ran into former prison tech player #2 Jarren Cook at TJC. Guess his transfer portal dreams brought him to the JUCO route!
SFAXE93
nacluth
Well that slate starts rough and never really slacks off.
Jacks1989
Went back and listened to the interview. Really glad to hear that Roti is doing good. He will be a huge presence on the court. Coach said this will be his biggest team ever and we haven't lost our speed! Said Jalil lost 30 pounds and it will be real hard to keep him off the court. Looking forward to the season.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

A quality league. What we need.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
nacluth said:

SLC sucks!

Lamar couldn't handle the heat and got out of the kitchen.

Welcome to the WAC!

SFAXE93
Jacks1989
I'm glad Lamar went back to the Southland. Other than mens baseball there whole athletic program is not very good. They will have a lot easier time competing in the Southland than the WAC and it will be a lot less expensive. Lamar used to have a great basketball team in the 70s and 80s under Tubbs and Foster. I went to a number of those games back in the day. The Montange Center in Beaumont would be packed. That was some fun times. Really hope Lamar can turn there basketball program around.
SFAXE93
They also have a good cross country program.
PurpleOut
Staff
Quick season preview coming out this afternoon.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Excellent!!!!
Jacks1989
Nice write up. We have a deep team and it should be a really fun year. Looking forward to our returning players and to see there improvement. I like the prize of the recruiting class! AJ is going to put on a show. Glad to see we are playing Louisiana Tech.
No-look
Excellent write up! Gonna be a great year!
No-look
Mid court. Six rows up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Mid court. Six rows up.

I'll also be there at most home games (it's a long journey to Nac for me, so I may miss one or two).

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking that Jalil may be a surprisingly good addition this year.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Mid court. Six rows up.

I'll also be there at most home games (it's a long journey to Nac for me, so I may miss one or two).

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking that Jalil may be a surprisingly good addition this year.
Yep. Keller mentioned that Jalil would be hard to keep off the court. Him, Monty, Nana and Day Day should make a good rotation. Heard that we're still looking for another big. Anxious to see what all the new guys contribute
No-look
Payback time
BigJack85
No-look said:

Payback time

Hope so. Didn't SDSU lose an all American ? Big guard/small forward type ?
SFAJack_76
November 15.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

November 15.

How in the world does Kennesaw State get such great non-conference games? It always burns me when I see so many schools get big BB schools to play them, and we can't get one to save our necks.
SFA, Class of 1979
No-look
Beating Baylor, LSU, Duke and playing the Champs to a one possession game with a minute to go tends to shy the big teams away. High risk low reward deal.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Beating Baylor, LSU, Duke and playing the Champs to a one possession game with a minute to go tends to shy the big teams away. High risk low reward deal.

Exactly.
No-look
Just sitting here in deep thoughtโ€ฆWill our free throw percentage go up this year?
Jacks1989
Wonder when they will finalize the schedule. Hopefully we will have a big non conference game.
PurpleOut
Staff
If you haven't noticed in the social media posts, it looks like Tezeno is practicing now.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

If you haven't noticed in the social media posts, it looks like Tezeno is practicing now.

Saw that. Good to see. Undoubtedly taking it slow for a couple of weeks, at least.
SFAJack_76
Jacks1989
In the Northern Classic how good are these teams? Who is probably the top team SFA would face?
SFASawmillGuy
MTSU is always solid. Gonna be a good game.
nacluth
We handled MTSU at last year's MTE. They went on to have a pretty decent year finishing third in Conference USA exceeding expectations.

Recently UNC-Greensboro has been a strong team, but were not great last year. Quinnipiac is a decent midmajor even if they haven't been a powerhouse lately.

It's a decent group. On paper we should probably be the favorites, but beginning of the year cohesion affects every team. It's a good early test for our season. Hopefully more Cancun than Ireland.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

We handled MTSU at last year's MTE. They went on to have a pretty decent year finishing third in Conference USA exceeding expectations.

Recently UNC-Greensboro has been a strong team, but were not great last year. Quinnipiac is a decent midmajor even if they haven't been a powerhouse lately.

It's a decent group. On paper we should probably be the favorites, but beginning of the year cohesion affects every team. It's a good early test for our season. Hopefully more Cancun than Ireland.
I heard Quinnipiac was a favorite in the polls.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

I heard Quinnipiac was a favorite in the polls.

Hahaha. Got the "pun".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.