2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

106,191 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going with 9 non conference wins.
SFAXE93
nacluth
nacluth
ACU>GCU alphabetically and basketbally.
djsfw57
nacluth said:

ACU>GCU alphabetically and basketbally.
"basketbally" just about made me spew. That was hilarious!
SFA, Class of 1979
No-look
SFA third? They must not have the available info that we have. We can be as good as we want to be this time of the year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA third? They must not have the available info that we have. We can be as good as we want to be this time of the year.

Remember, those geniuses picked neither our men or women to win the conference last year.
nacluth
So true. Let me think which university in the first year in the league won the regular season title on both the men's and women's side?
SFA88
Preseason polls have always been meaningless but even more so in the age of the transfer portal. Did teams bring in good players? Yes. Do we know if the teams will be good? No. In addition, NMSU has a new coach and we have new teams. You could draw the top 5 or 6 teams out of a hat and be just as accurate.
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

To be honest that's very fair. Again we are still replacing a ton, and regardless of how talented our team should be we need to see how good they are when they play. Look at football, we should be undefeated but as it stands we are still trying to play close to our potential.
We'll be fine by the time conference play starts but Keller will have his work cut out.
No-look
SFASawmillGuy said:

No-look said:

To be honest that's very fair. Again we are still replacing a ton, and regardless of how talented our team should be we need to see how good they are when they play. Look at football, we should be undefeated but as it stands we are still trying to play close to our potential.
We'll be fine by the time conference play starts but Keller will have his work cut out.
True. The big ifs is if the new bigs can fill the void left by Kensmil and Calvin. Gonna miss David also.
SFAXE93
Positive praise for Nana

No-look
Students at GCU already camping out for Fridays Midnight Madness for the basketball season.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Positive praise for Nana

I hope he's right about Nana. I have never had high expectations for him when he has stepped on the court the last two years. Bricks for hands.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Students at GCU already camping out for Fridays Midnight Madness for the basketball season.

Yes, but our students are great at playing cornhole before football games.
No-look
nacluth said:

My guess is they are trying to sweet talk a mid-December game from a named school which is why they haven't released the schedule. If they don't get one soon, this is probably what we got.
maybe when all the remaining teams that hasn't posted their schedule are posted we will know. Lol
BigJack85
No-look said:

nacluth said:

My guess is they are trying to sweet talk a mid-December game from a named school which is why they haven't released the schedule. If they don't get one soon, this is probably what we got.
maybe when all the remaining teams that hasn't posted their schedule are posted we will know. Lol

Release the schedule. We can add that game once the contract is signed.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
djsfw57
BigJack85 said:

No-look said:

nacluth said:

Release the schedule. We can add that game once the contract is signed.
I will never understand why SFA waits until the last minute to release schedules. They do it every year, which is very frustrating.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAXE93
Most of the time we have it figured out before they release it anyway.
SFA88
No-look said:

Yes, but it is easier to do since it has cooled off. It was only 102 yesterday.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

This is laughable.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
WAC averaged ~2300/game home attendance. 14/32 D1 conferences. SFA averaged ~ 1900 6th/WAC. I expect SFA to be closer to 2700/game (4th/WAC) this year as crowds overall (SOC, WVB) are up dramatically. I believe students are coming out from Covid. I expect MBB to follow that trend with more students coming out for the college experience

The WAC is losing New Mexico St (5000/game) bummer while also ditching Chicago State 300/game and Sam Houston ~ 600. The Chi State/Sammie Houston attendance was very damaging. One more year of Sam. After that realignment It looks to me, that the WAC could jump up a notch or two and overtake the MAC at 12th in attendance There are still tier one broadcasters looking for MBB content. Getting to 11th or 12th in attendance might get us in that conversation $$$
SFAXE93
No-look
BigJack85 said:

WAC averaged ~2300/game home attendance. 14/32 D1 conferences. SFA averaged ~ 1900 6th/WAC. I expect SFA to be closer to 2700/game (4th/WAC) this year as crowds overall (SOC, WVB) are up dramatically. I believe students are coming out from Covid. I expect MBB to follow that trend with more students coming out for the college experience

The WAC is losing New Mexico St (5000/game) bummer while also ditching Chicago State 300/game and Sam Houston ~ 600. The Chi State/Sammie Houston attendance was very damaging. One more year of Sam. After that realignment It looks to me, that the WAC could jump up a notch or two and overtake the MAC at 12th in attendance There are still tier one broadcasters looking for MBB content. Getting to 11th or 12th in attendance might get us in that conversation $$$
Hoping our attendance spikes this year. I would think steps have been taken to increase the student attendance. Other schools have successfully bolstered theirs. Grand Canyon is the ultimate experience for a mid major. Need to take a page from their playbook. We have had great crowds and it wasn't that long ago. COVID changed the landscape but it's time to move forward. It's gonna be a good year!
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Nigel gets a shout out. Good to hear.
No-look
Must be still dotting those T's and crossing those eyes on the schedule.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Must be still dotting those T's and crossing those eyes on the schedule.

Crazy. It's got to be done. They start playing in 4 weeks.
SFAJack_76
Expect the schedule release on Thursday, October 6.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

Expect the schedule release on Thursday, October 6.
Just one more sleep!
SFAJack_76
All in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.