2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

105,322 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

"The best shooting team we've had." It needs to be, because we're height-challenged.

For sure. Talked to RI at homecoming. He seemed pretty bullish on Jalil Beaubrun. Not that I'm expecting a lot but if Beaubrun and Nana can deliver some solid minutes (20-25/night) we might be better than expected.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
No-look
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

"The best shooting team we've had." It needs to be, because we're height-challenged.

For sure. Talked to RI at homecoming. He seemed pretty bullish on Jalil Beaubrun. Not that I'm expecting a lot but if Beaubrun and Nana can deliver some solid minutes (20-25/night) we might be better than expected.
Not sure why but Murphy is still on the roster.
SFAXE93
No-look said:

BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Not sure why but Murphy is still on the roster.
Keeping hope alive
No-look
Any players doubtful for Monday night due to injuries?
SFA88
I notice the Lumberjack schedule doesn't list the LETU game as an exhibition but the LETU schedule does. Why would SFA want this game to count? There doesn't seem to be any upside to counting this game.

BTW I've seen this on some other schedules, as well.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
SFA88 said:

I notice the Lumberjack schedule doesn't list the LETU game as an exhibition but the LETU schedule does. Why would SFA want this game to count? There doesn't seem to be any upside to counting this game.

BTW I've seen this on some other schedules, as well.

One of those opaque NCAA scheduling rules.
nacluth
For the most part, we want the win. You can have so many non-D1 games in your schedule. They don't count against (or add towards) your strength of schedule, but you still can count them toward your record (but not your rankings).

I can't remember SFA playing a true exhibition match in the last couple of decades. They are always exhibition matches for the lower division schools.
SFA88
nacluth said:

For the most part, we want the win. You can have so many non-D1 games in your schedule. They don't count against (or add towards) your strength of schedule, but you still can count them toward your record (but not your rankings).

I can't remember SFA playing a true exhibition match in the last couple of decades. They are always exhibition matches for the lower division schools.

I thought that may be it but let's say they lose, we have seen some close games in the past, wouldn't that hurt their RPI? Are these games not included in those calculations?

I truly don't know. Some of these minutiae are unknown to me.
nacluth
Only D1 games are worked into most rankings including RPI, but if it's on your record that you lost to a non-D1 school, you're not doing yourself any favors come decision time when really any of those rankings matter anyway.

2 side notes:
1) Honestly rankings for SFA only matter on the seed line 12-16 for the NCAA tournament, not for making the tournament. At least in the tough WAC, we're going to have to win a ton of tough conference games to get a good WACVegas seed to win and make the NCAA's. No WAC champ is getting less than a 14 seed this year period. (So don't really worry about rankings this year)

2) If you lost an "exhibition" game to a scrub school, people would still know, and it would affect decision making in March even if it's not supposed to. But, the likelihood of losing one of those matches and being the NCAA qualifier is something that usually can only happen in the Southland.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
No-look
One sleep
BigJack85
I've been watching to much film. Optimistic about Jalil Beaubrun
SFAXE93
No-look
BigJack85 said:

I've been watching to much film. Optimistic about Jalil Beaubrun
He should be fine. We know what the returnees can do but wanting to see what the new guys bring to the table.
SFAXE93
No-look
Time to roll!
nacluth
Looks like we're going to be 11 deep if we're healthy. Scott, Hyman, and Walker will get clean up and emergency time.
Jacks1989
Looks like someone is missing from above pics.
No-look
But still on the roster. Lol
SFAXE93

SFA88
nacluth said:

2) If you lost an "exhibition" game to a scrub school, people would still know, and it would affect decision making in March even if it's not supposed to. But, the likelihood of losing one of those matches and being the NCAA qualifier is something that usually can only happen in the Southland.

This is the decision point right here. You are absolutely right. It will be in the back of people's minds anyway.

How it affects WAC conference seeding could be another story. We have to wait to see how the new system is going to shake out. I doubt this game matters much either way.
No-look
Decisions are almost overwhelming me. What should I wear tonight? Should I eat at the game or before? Think I just need calm down….
No-look
Decent crowd
RedRiverLa
Glad to by at WJC for the girls and now Jacks game. AxeEm! And just a reminder this is the first game, so chill. But, who is the genius who decided to open one concession stand? Crazy line, and slooow.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

Decisions are almost overwhelming me. What should I wear tonight? Should I eat at the game or before? Think I just need calm down….

Eat before, send us the clothes choices. Go with something purple, but avoid the shorts and cowboy boots. Don't worry, we'll help.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Jyank24
Just started a game thread, this thing is at 19 pages, could be shifting through 25 pages by the end of the night if we dont
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look
Well that settles that. Was wondering because he was on the game program and still on the roster. I guess we can put that to bed.
CertifiedAxeman98
When he committed then decommitted should have let him go. We could have gotten someone else in the portal.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.