2019 Volleyball

98,617 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#4 UT crushed #1, and previously undefeated, Baylor 25-19, 25-10, 25-19 in Austin.
SFAJack_76
The streak continues at UCA. 25-18, 25-14, 26-24.

Ladyjacks had 16 blocks. That is a huge three set number.
BigJack85
Wow. Debbie's girls rock.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Next up.
SFAJack_76
McNeese goes to 2-8 by beating Sam in five sets in Huntsville. Sam is now in third, two games back of SFA, and one back of NSU.
BigJack85
Nice. Nice.
nacluth
Man this is a good team. I kind of want us to lose a set before the conference tournament - just to get any potential pressure off our back. But to be honest, I hope it's not this weekend.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Man this is a good team. I kind of want us to lose a set before the conference tournament - just to get any potential pressure off our back. But to be honest, I hope it's not this weekend.
I don't disagree, although the streak is getting us national attention. Ladyjacks got a mention in the UT/Baylor match telecast relative to the, at the time, 31 set streak Baylor had.

HBU in Houston could have the highest potential for losing a set beyond the match at NSU tomorrow. Corpus always plays us tough at their place also. Humphreys talks about them playing a different style than we typically see.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

I don't disagree, although the streak is getting us national attention. Ladyjacks got a mention in the UT/Baylor match telecast relative to the, at the time, 31 set streak Baylor had.

HBU in Houston could have the highest potential for losing a set beyond the match at NSU tomorrow. Corpus always plays us tough at their place also. Humphreys talks about them playing a different style than we typically see.

Do you think we will have a decent group of fans travel to Northwestern St. ?
SFAJack_76
I think we will have a decent showing at NSU. However, our football game at 3:00 will keep many, including us, away.
SFAJack_76
RV UCLA and RV USC both beat top 15 teams last night. That does not help our chances of getting in the top 25.
nacluth
Well set streak ended by NSU, but once we got warmed up in set two, we absolutely crushed the Demons after that.
BigJack85
I think our 22-1 record is starting to convince "some" voters. Making it likely that we will continue to move up a spot or two with most of the voters that supported us in the last couple weeks.
BigJack85
I was wrong. Voters that ranked us 23 or 24 last week either didn't rank us or moved us back a slot. Crazy. Moving us back for a 14-8 UCLA squad. Hmmm.
CertifiedAxeman98
Yet another reason to leave the SLC. Lack of competition in the conference is really hurting us in rankings.

The SEC was basically a football conference but the conference decided years ago to beef up the quality of basketball at all of their schools so that Kentucky was not the only Basketball program worth anything. They went out and spent money of great coaches and look that them now grabbing ncaa seeds and helping raise the SOS of the conference. SLC leadership appears content where they are.
BigJack85
I bet Shelton Gym is rocking tonight. Any reporting from said locale
nacluth
Slow start to drop the first set against Sam. Got the second in extras. 1-1 entering the third.
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

The SEC was basically a football conference but the conference decided years ago to beef up the quality of basketball at all of their schools so that Kentucky was not the only Basketball program worth anything. They went out and spent money of great coaches and look that them now grabbing ncaa seeds and helping raise the SOS of the conference. SLC leadership appears content where they are.
Feels like conference leadership has been asleep at the wheel for 10 years.
TallTexan
I don't usually tune in for Volleyball, but there's gotta be a better camera angle for watching volleyball right?
nacluth
Third set much easier once defense got in gear. Up 2-1
BigJack85
Go Ladyjacks!!!
nacluth
Nice win at home. Keep it rolling!
BigJack85
Whew. Whew.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

I don't usually tune in for Volleyball, but there's gotta be a better camera angle for watching volleyball right?
All the clips I saw were from the back, which isn't what they've done in the past. We normally have a multi camera set up like a normal TV broadcast, so there must be something going on that they aren't telling us. After the last football home game, no feed for 'Jack Madness, and now this...that's three sports that seem to have taken a huge step backwards in production.

I'm naturally very worried with basketball season starting next week.
TallTexan
I'll ask Ivey on Twitter. I'd like to know.
Pilotgirl
nacluth
Another first set loss. Our starts have been slow lately. Or maybe it's just absorbing their best punch.
Pilotgirl
No card transactions....sent to ATM. Got tickets from card table. Then, they had to stano our hands for admittance so no paper tickets. #OldSchool My HS gym was 3x this size.
nacluth
Second set gets the Ladyjacks rolling. 1-1.

Is it just me or has Corin Evans just become a beast over the last few matches?
nacluth
Wow what an ugly set as we gave up a 9 point lead, but rallied at the last moment to take set 3. 2-1 Jacks.

Also as I praised her Evans had a terrible third.
nacluth
A error filled set by HBU with Evans coming strong down the stretch for her second 20 kill match in a row. Axe 'em Jacks 12-0 in conference.
nacluth
Thanks for the Sawmill support Tiffany! Attendance listed as 167, but it sounded on the radio like the SFA team and fans were cheering pretty well.
SFAXE93
Now get ready for a hot A&M CC team that has won 8 straight.
Pilotgirl
SFA fans cheer loud! We were a strong contingent there I would say 60% HBU, 40 % SFA in attendance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.