2019 Volleyball

100,336 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Set 1: SH 25-20. Just really good play. SFA has three chances to tie it up and never could.
Pilotgirl
Looking better this set!
nacluth
15-8 SFA midway through second.
nacluth
Set 2: SFA! 25-17. Great play Ladyjacks!
nacluth
SH up 15-14 midway through third. It's becoming a defensive battle.
Pilotgirl
Whew!! What a set this is!
nacluth
Set 3: SFA 25-21! Momentum rising!
nacluth
SFA up 16-14 midway in fourth. Let's finish strong!!!
nacluth
Dominance!!!!!! On to the NCAA's!!!!
nacluth
25-17 set 4! Too good!
SFAJack_76
Sweet!!!

I didn't get to follow the match because our daughter was having a gender reveal for our first grandchild. For some reason, she thought that was a priority. It's a girl in case you are interested.
Pilotgirl
TOURNEY CHAMPS!!!

NCAAs HERE WE COME!
nacluth
Congrats 76!
nacluth
31-1 after the season and SLC tournament.
38-0 in the Southland the last two seasons.

Incredible.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Sweet!!!

I didn't get to follow the match because our daughter was having a gender reveal for our first grandchild. For some reason, she thought that was a priority. It's a girl in case you are interested.
Well, normally I'm not one to cheer for gender reveals, but you better get that girl a volleyball. Congrats!
nacluth
Rice, Washington State, and California all lost today. Not much chance SFA gets in the final rankings, but possible.
nacluth
We played half (16) matches against teams worse than #160 (essentially bottom half of all teams) in RPI. We did not lose a set to any of them.

The 17 sets lost this year all came to top half teams.
BigJack85
What an epic season! Absolutely epic. Let's see if we get any kind of recognition? Not likely but hopefully.....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Congrats 76!
Thanks!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Rice, Washington State, and California all lost today. Not much chance SFA gets in the final rankings, but possible.
Washington State has lost three of their last four. California has lost four in a row. Who knows.
SFAJack_76
Looking forward. Baylor and UT possible regional hosts. SFA and Texas State are in.

Rice and A&M almost certainly in.

Prairie View lost the SWAC championship to Alabama State today or they would be in.

WAC champion. NM State is in. RPI of 70.

WAG ...

UT and Baylor 1 seeds.

SFA and A&M 2 seeds.

Rice and Texas State 3 seeds

NM State and Alabama State 4 seeds.

We find out on December 1.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Sweet!!!

Well, normally I'm not one to cheer for gender reveals, but you better get that girl a volleyball. Congrats!
Not certain about the volleyball, but she will be dressed in purple.

Thanks!
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Looking forward. Baylor and UT possible regional hosts. SFA and Texas State are in.

Prairie View lost the SWAC championship to Alabama State today or they would be in.

WAG ...

UT and Baylor 1 seeds.

SFA and A&M 2 seeds.

Looks rational based on RPI, W/L record, head to head etc. With only one flaw in our record we should (if logic endures) be about the same seed line as Rice.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

WAG ...

UT and Baylor 1 seeds.

SFA and A&M 2 seeds.

Looks rational based on RPI, W/L record, head to head etc. With only one flaw in our record we should (if logic endures) be about the same seed line as Rice.
NCAA rarely follows logic. My bet is we get a three seed just because. Beyond bragging rights, the difference between a two and a three is nothing. We just don't want to get a four seed like last season.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
RPI is up to 29. Best in school history. Coaches poll out later today.

Baylor 1. Texas 3. A&M 13. Rice 14. OU 30. Texas State 31. Illinois 43. California 45. Washington State 56.
TallTexan
We better get in on that coaches poll or I'll riot.
nacluth
Better RPI than the bottom four teams in the rankings: Washington State, Michigan, California, and Illinois. Unfortunately the four other unranked teams who are receiving votes as well as us have higher RPI's than we do. Washington St. has plummeted to #55 in RPI. They got to go.
SFAJack_76
Corpus and Sam both moved up. 104 and 107 respectively.
BigJack85
This is pretty rude but I'm going to say it. Most of the volleyball coaches must be living under a rock to put Washington State ahead of us in the "Rankings" leaving us hanging at 26. What a bunch of "Blankety Blank Blank". Hopeuflly we win at least one in the tournament and turn some heads...

SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

This is pretty rude but I'm going to say it. Most of the volleyball coaches must be living under a rock to put Washington State ahead of us in the "Rankings" leaving us hanging at 26. What a bunch of "Blankety Blank Blank". Hopeuflly we win at least one in the tournament and turn some heads...

Agree. I thought A&M might move ahead of us. No reasonable argument for Washington State still being ranked.
They finish with #3 Stanford and at #9 Washington. They will lose both. Perhaps get swept. They simply are not playing good now.
SFAJack_76
A&M has matches left at RPI 41 South Carolina and at RPI 9 Florida.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

That's the problem with coaches rankings. How many matches outside of upcoming opponents do you think Debbie watches? Or Keller, or anyone for that matter?

Coaches are busy. They re-watch their teams & catch up on film.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.