2019 Volleyball

98,673 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam is 1-4 this season, so Humphreys is actually tied for tenth among active coaches. (Sam's only win was 3-2 against PV.)
nacluth
She's got to work on her axe. Get that pinky in and chop with more authority. It's good to see she's working on it though.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

She's got to work on her axe. Get that pinky in and chop with more authority. It's good to see she's working on it though.
Exactly what I thought when I saw that picture.
djsfw57
Anyone know if the volleyball game vs Northwestern will be on the radio?
nacluth
Just started. Stats here: https://nusports.com/sidearmstats/wvball/summary;team=away

Can watch on BIg Ten Plus if you have it.
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Just started. Stats here: https://nusports.com/sidearmstats/wvball/summary;team=away

Can watch on BIg Ten Plus if you have it.
Thanks!!
nacluth
Ladyjacks take the first regrouping at the end. 1-0
nacluth
Stats have gotten really screwed up, but SFA dropped second set 20-25. 1-1
nacluth
Third set SFA! 2-1. Dominated the set off of a million Northwestern errors.
djsfw57
SFA wins set 3 25-13.
nacluth
Wow! Dominant close with multiple aces to close down the fourth set. Axe em Jacks!
djsfw57
SFA wins the 4th set 25-16. Wins the match 3-1. GO JACKS!!!!
SFA, Class of 1979
Pilotgirl
Awesome!!
SFAJack_76
If they aren't at least receiving votes, something is rotten.
nacluth
Completely agree.
nacluth
Just want to shout out to tournament MVP Corin Evans. Her service was unbelievable. I don't know how many aces she had but literally game changing. Fire.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Just want to shout out to tournament MVP Corin Evans. Her service was unbelievable. I don't know how many aces she had but literally game changing. Fire.
Three aces for Corin. Corin didn't play a lot as a junior, kept working, and is now a senior leader. SFA defense really stood out with 17 blocks, and holding Northwestern to an .083 hitting average.
SFAJack_76
Next up is the A-State Invitational in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Ladyjacks play host 4-2 Arkansas State on Thursday, 0-6 Arkansas Pine Bluff on Friday, and then the biggest match of the season against 6-0 (RV) Rice on Saturday.
SFAJack_76
Not yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Three aces for Corin. Corin didn't play a lot as a junior, kept working, and is now a senior leader. SFA defense really stood out with 17 blocks, and holding Northwestern to an .083 hitting average.

Interesting that Taya Mitchell was the SLC Defensive Player of the Week but didn't make the Northwestern All-Tournament Team. Shows the depth that the Ladyjacks have.
SFAJack_76
Humphreys would tell you that depth is one of her biggest concerns. We have really only played nine girls in a meaningful number of sets. We are particularly thin at DS. If anyone gets hurt, I don't know who steps up. Now, those nine are getting better every match. Recall that Hollis was MVP of the SMU tournament and did not make the all tournament team at Northwestern, although she played well. Xariah Williams did not play against Austin Peay because she had not passed well in the two previous matches. She played in two of the four against Northwestern and hit .500. I don't know how her passing was.

That is a long way around to say that depth in numbers is thin. Depth relative to the quality of the top nine is very good.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Humphreys has talked about the defense being really good. I guess so!
BigJack85
These girls have earned votes in the rankings. I'm surprised at the closed minded voters in the AVCA.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
If we can sweep our third tournament in a row and knock off Rice, then we have to be in.
Pilotgirl
EIGHTY ONE BLOCKS.

That's amazing.
SFAJack_76
Rice destroys HBU, 25-12, 25-14, 25-7.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

These girls have earned votes in the rankings. I'm surprised at the closed minded voters in the AVCA.
Debbie Humphreys is a voter.
BigJack85
If they get to Rice undefeated and then beat Rice, they should at minimum receive votes
SFAJack_76
Perhaps they will be looking past the Ladyjacks at least some.
nacluth
Oh no, I would hate to spoil their start and their attendance record.
SFAJack_76
Undefeated season ends with a four set loss to Arkansas State. 27-25, 21-25, 21-25, 21-25

Time to start another streak tomorrow.
nacluth
It had to come some time. Let's finish strong.
BigJack85
They'll pull it together.....
SFAJack_76
Rice with a surprisingly close, come from behind first set, before squashing our next opponent UAPB. It will be interesting to see how they do against Arkansas State.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.