2019 Volleyball

98,785 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
UTSA is a solid team. They were 19-8, 11-3 in CUSA, last season. Picked to finish fifth in the thirteen team conference this season. The set SFA lost was 27-29. Next up is a good Bradley team at 5:00.

SFAJack_76

nacluth
Good start
SFAJack_76
2-0 after a 3-0 win over Bradley. Next up is SMU at 2:00 tomorrow. They also beat Bradley 3-0.
SFAJack_76
SMU dominated UTSA in three sets. Looks like they will be the toughest of our three opponents in this tournament.
nacluth
Solid play to win first set. Hollas had a timely net ace. Took it from SMU 26-24
nacluth
Slow start has SMU drive through game 2. 1-1.
nacluth
Third set has SFA doubling up SMU 25-12 under a relentless pressure led up front by Hollas and Daron.
nacluth
This match shows the great benefit experience is. Definitely seniors and transfers are keeping this team at a high level. What a great team to be the new members of. The underclassmen have so many good examples to follow.

And we have the loudest team.
nacluth
Let SMU get away to a strong start at the beginning on the fourth, and the Ladyjacks couldn't get back the points despite strong play. 2-2. Headed to the fifth after the break.
nacluth
Came right down to the end, but SFA takes it 15-13 in 5! So good with the sweep!!!!

Xariah Williams gets the game ball from me. Her serving was so on point today. Such a huge improvement over last year. Congrats Ladyjacks! 3-0 on season.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks drop the first set to Loyola-Chicago, then win the next three to go to 4-0 on the season. Next up are matches tomorrow with Texas Tech, and Austin Peay.
nacluth
Great job ladies. I would love to walk away with a Big 12 win tomorrow.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Ladyjacks drop the first set to Loyola-Chicago, then win the next three to go to 4-0 on the season. Next up are matches tomorrow with Texas Tech, and Austin Peay.

Was able to catch this game earlier! The announcers were impressed with our ability to be resilient afterdropping 1st set and our blocking. Nice to get well deserved shout outs!
CertifiedAxeman98
I have never been able to see them in person but hope to see them November 16th as they close out SLC play against McNeese in Nac when I come up for the men's and women's basketball games.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I have never been able to see them in person but hope to see them November 16th as they close out SLC play against McNeese in Nac when I come up for the men's and women's basketball games.
Everything you hear about Shelton Gym during a volleyball match is true. It is loud with high energy. They have done some things to spruce the gym up also. We also happen to have a terrific winning coach, and some girls that are athletic, driven, and really enjoy the game. High on my list of favorite sporting events right now.

Everyone should make a match if they can.
SFAJack_76
Debbie Humphreys' team dominates her alma mater to go to 5-0. Next up is Austin Peay at 5:00.

SFAJack_76
That is career win #699 for Debbie Humphreys. All at SFA.
nacluth
Amazing! I'm going to start saving for the inevitable statue campaign and Humphreys Arena. Way to destroy Tech!
SFAJack_76
700!!!
nacluth
Ticker tape parade down Vista Dr., right past the UC across the concourse and out to the President's mansion.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

700!!!

This is REALLY a big deal. One of only 11 active coaches nationwide with 700+ wins. I hope she gets the recognition on campus and around the conference and state that she deserves. An amazing coach and an amazing lady!
SFAJack_76
The final match in Illinois is Sunday at 4:00 against host Northwestern. They are 5-0 on the year including a just finished 3-2 win over Texas Tech.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Am I correct we lost to Northwestern last year at an early tournament? Could be a payback game.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Am I correct we lost to Northwestern last year at an early tournament? Could be a payback game.
Correct. Lost 3-1 in a tournament in NY. If we play like we did in both marches yesterday, payback will be successful.

They are starting to come together as a team. This team has a high ceilings. Depth is the biggest concern right now.

SFAJack_76
Only 27 ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.