2019 Volleyball

98,912 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This was an amazing point.
SFAJack_76
Tech beat RV Iowa State on the road. That helps the SFA RPI.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
RPI drops five spots to 42 thanks to our bad SLC competition. The next best RPI in the SLC is Sam at 139. Rice dropped six spots to 15. Also poor competition in the C-USA.

In the coaches poll, SFA is up to 23 points putting them at 29th.
SFAJack_76
Aided by five service errors, Ladyjacks take the first set 25-22.
SFAJack_76
Good crowd. Pep band. Cheerleaders.
nacluth
Nice 7-0 start to the second. Guess they decided the first was too close.
SFAJack_76
25-12 on the second. Outhit them .353 to -.086.
SFAJack_76
19-1.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks in first place alone in conference at 7-0 after Sam loses on the road to A&M-Corpus in four. Sam and NSU tied for second at 6-1.

Behind them are five teams tied at 4-3, including SLU, our Saturday opponent.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
31 straight sets? Mighty impressive.
SFAJack_76
Really good read. Getting some national attention.
SFAJack_76
Wow. Down 24-19 in the first set. Rally back to win 27-25.
nacluth
Incredible!!! 6 set points overcome to win that set. Unbelievable. Sorry SELA.
nacluth
This is the most timid I've seen SFA play this year at least through the first set and a half. All soft touches and finesse. We need some power to put away this game.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

This is the most timid I've seen SFA play this year at least through the first set and a half. All soft touches and finesse. We need some power to put away this game.

Setting has not been good.
SFAJack_76
A more comfortable 25-17 in the second set.
nacluth
Well after that 12-12 tie we go 13-5 to win set two behind much crisper play.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
Humphreys had a little attitude adjustment time out at 12-12.
SFAJack_76
34 sets in a row. 20-1.
nacluth
SFA! Just killing it against all odds in that first set to keep their set streak alive.
Pilotgirl
Amazing resilience! This team is special!
BigJack85
20-1. Wow. Wow. The girls should be ranked.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
8-0 at the midpoint of the season. One game ahead of Sam and NSU. Our next three are on the road at UCA Thursday, at NSU Saturday, and at home on Halloween against Sam. UCA is down this year, but Conway is a long bus ride away. Can't look past the team we beat for the championship last year. RPI for the next three are 254, 172, and 139.
SFAJack_76
Massey has us at #28.
https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=308159
SFAJack_76
We have months ago made plans, so we won't be able to make this one. If you can, go. It should be an amazing atmosphere. You might want ear plugs.
SFAJack_76
RPI up one spot to 41. Rice steady at 15.

Next best SLC:

Sam - 141
A&M-Corpus - 149
HBU - 153
NSU - 155

These are four of our remaining eight matches. All except Sam on the road. We did comfortably sweep Corpus at home. They will be better on their home court..
SFAJack_76
Up to 35 points in the coaches poll. This ties us for 27th with Louisville. Just ahead of Michigan and USC. Heady company.
SFAJack_76
Because of our balance, we don't get much individual recognition. Maddie has been very solid all season, and extremely consistent in quality of play.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Up to 35 points in the coaches poll. This ties us for 27th with Louisville. Just ahead of Michigan and USC. Heady company.

Louisville plays Pitt Both are ranked ahead of us. I believe. If we can stay unbeaten, a loss by Louisville would Open the door to us being ranked.
BigJack85
During Debbie Humphrey's press conference I heard that UCA (tournament host) is in danger of not making the tournament.

Shouldn't the conference have a "bail out clause" in the case that the tournament host fails to qualify.... allowing a short bid process (next day) to determine alternative host site (school). Am I looking at this to narrowly?
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

During Debbie Humphrey's press conference I heard that UCA (tournament host) is in danger of not making the tournament.

Shouldn't the conference have a "bail out clause" in the case that the tournament host fails to qualify.... allowing a short bid process (next day) to determine alternative host site (school). Am I looking at this to narrowly?
I understand where you are coming from. I suspect it would be a logistics challenge if the predetermined host team got eliminated in the last game. Eight teams and supporters would have to change travel plans, hotels, etc. on short notice.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

I understand where you are coming from. I suspect it would be a logistics challenge if the predetermined host team got eliminated in the last game. Eight teams and supporters would have to change travel plans, hotels, etc. on short notice.

Makes sense. Probably a real mess if you don't have time to book hotels etc.

Bracket with the highest seed hosting seems to be the best route. Gives the higher seeded team a solid advantage by not having to travel and play at a "potentially hostile" venue although my guess is that Shelton is the only "hostile" venue in the conference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.