2019 Volleyball

98,856 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anything we raise can be pushed through the PLF. I joined and have to say that the flag alone makes it worth it ...... sort of I mean. I wouldn't pay $200 for the flag solo but it is a cool flag.

I plan to make a small gift via the PLF. probably no more than a $100. More likely $50. At any rate I'll be helping the cause.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
They're working on getting some pricing together and should have a plan next week. I'll get some details and let everyone know, but we can definitely help contribute and get it going.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
SFA rolling in the second set of the match against UIW (25-17 1st). ESPN down though.
nacluth
25-18 second set. 2-0 Jacks so far.
nacluth
Tougher third set, but UIW goes down all the same in straight sets. 25-22 third.
BigJack85
I think they have the squad to sweep the SLC regular season. Still WAY early. Looking good though.
nacluth
I think it's obvious they have the talent to do so. I think this is better than last year's team that went 16-0 through conference. But, it doesn't matter how good you are, everyone needs breaks to sweep the conference. No injuries, low academic stress, infrequent illness, being able to not have an off game (ala Ark. St.). It's hard, but like you, I believe they have the ability.

Of course, they would trade a loss or two compared to going deep in the tournament.
SFAJack_76
Next three on the road. Lamar, McNeese, and UNO.

From the box score, we only played eight girls again. Personally, I would like to see a couple of others getting some playing time. However, in Humphreys I trust.

Attendance was down about 200 from Thursday night. We made several matches last season, and only saw one or two that were full.
CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth said:

I think it's obvious they have the talent to do so. I think this is better than last year's team that went 16-0 through conference. But, it doesn't matter how good you are, everyone needs breaks to sweep the conference. No injuries, low academic stress, infrequent illness, being able to not have an off game (ala Ark. St.). It's hard, but like you, I believe they have the ability.

Of course, they would trade a loss or two compared to going deep in the tournament.
If they end up with a loss or 2 they will be playing a highly ranked team to begin the tournament. Honestly, even if they sweep the SLC they may end up playing a top ranked team.
nacluth
9 sets, three sweeps. 3-0 in conference play. Still rolling.
nacluth
Cruise through the first set at McNeese. 25-15.
nacluth
Second set. Same result. 25-15. Jacks up 2-0.
nacluth
Play it again SFA. Another sweep. I hope Coach is keeping this team up week to week.
BigJack85
Boy oh boy. Or should I say "girl oh girl". What a squad. They deserve to be ranked. Quality wins. Consistency. History. What is the hold up NCAA voters.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
That's right where the forecasters had them. At the end of noncon they were forecasted at 31, but 4 straight sweeps of SLC teams is bringing them down. That's a trend that will probably continue.
SFAJack_76
Spot on about what playing SLC teams will do to our RPI. Nothing we can do about that except keep winning.

I know nothing about the Massey Ratings, but I like it. Apparently volleyball folks pay attention to it.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cvol/ncaa-d1/ratings

Well, I don't like the "SF Austin" thing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Spot on about what playing SLC teams will do to our RPI. Nothing we can do about that except keep winning.

I know nothing about the Massey Ratings, but I like it. Apparently volleyball folks pay attention to it.

And Arkansas State is waaay down the list at #100.
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

SF Austin will forever haunt us. The ESPN app shows us as SF Austin still.
TallTexan
How much does it cost to get a trademark?

We could trademark it for SF Austin sports, put up a quick squarespace page to sell tennis balls, & then send cease & desist letters to all who use it.
CertifiedAxeman98
That is actually not a bad idea. Do we have any alumni that are lawyers that work on trademarks?
PurpleOut
Staff
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

That is actually not a bad idea. Do we have any alumni that are lawyers that work on trademarks?
I think it's a good idea as well. I have a friend that is an attorney in Houston that I believe does trademark stuff, I will ask.
CertifiedAxeman98
PurpleOut said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I think it's a good idea as well. I have a friend that is an attorney in Houston that I believe does trademark stuff, I will ask.

I searched for it and it does not appear to be Trademarked

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database
Pilotgirl
I think it cost around 3 to 500 the last time i looked into trade marking something.
SFAJack_76

BigJack85
Ladyjacks crushing New Orleans Starting 3rd set. First two 25-17. 25-10.
SFAJack_76
Got a little sloppy towards the end of the third set, but held on 25-20. Next up is ACU at home on Saturday.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

They're working on getting some pricing together and should have a plan next week. I'll get some details and let everyone know, but we can definitely help contribute and get it going.
What is the status of this?
PurpleOut
Staff
Haven't heard back.
SFAJack_76
Something special going on ...
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks scream through the first set 25-13.
SFAJack_76
25-16 in the second.
SFAJack_76
18-1. 28 consecutive sets won. Special.
nacluth
Man this is a fun team to watch and root for. I really hope that this dream season has a dream ending because they deserve it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.