2019 Volleyball

98,633 Views | 606 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spring season.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks Go 3-1 at F.A.S.T Collegiate Invitational

https://sfajacks.com/news/2019/3/31/womens-volleyball-ladyjacks-go-2-1-1-at-f-as-t-collegiate-invitational.aspx
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Along with everything else going on Saturday.
SFAJack_76
First schedule for the 2019-2020 season. Only nine of thirty games at home. Really?
TallTexan
Ya that really kind of sucks.
SFAJack_76
Only home non conference game is PV. Volleyball with only nine home games, and football with four. I can't wait to see MBB and WBB. Mr. Ivey, we should have a chat.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Only home non conference game is PV. Volleyball with only nine home games, and football with four. I can't wait to see MBB and WBB. Mr. Ivey, we should have a chat.

Yeah, go get him, 76. This is silly. A fantastic volleyball program and only nine home games???
SFAJack_76
I know there is a desire to improve the RPI so we have a shot at something better than a four seed in Austin. I know we can't count on SLC teams to improve enough that playing them helps. Shelton Gym is a very tough play for visitors to play.

Is it possible that we can't get good teams to play us at home so we take the game on the road? And, end up with one lousy, who cares, non conference home game against a team that last year had an RPI of 330. There are 336 D1 teams.

I don't know why all the road games. I know I don't care for it as a fan, and supporter. Road tournaments in Dallas, Illinois, Arkansas, and Arlington before conference play. Ten of the 18 on the roster are newcomers with six freshmen, and four transfers. I hope it works out, but I want to see top 100 teams in Nacogdoches, not us having to go on the road to play them.
cboothe09
Tech should be decent. Rice was good last year. Northwestern is a Big 10 team, leaving me to assume they are going to be our toughest non-conference game.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Good move. I expect him to be a head coach someday.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Probably most know, but the pregnant coach is Volunteer Assistant Coach Sara Carthel. To refresh, Sara was the Big 12 freshman of the year at UT. She transferred to West Texas A&M due largely to a coaching change at Texas. She was a D2 all-American and part of a national championship team at West Texas.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Meanwhile, at Shelton Gym ...
nacluth
Can't wait!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Our second team DS is a transfer from UIW.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
How is Dixon not POY when this is done?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

How is Dixon not POY when this is done?
She has a good chance I think.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
A lot of new ladies on the team, but I believe there is real quality. The returning players are good. And, SFA has the best coaching staff in the SLC.
nacluth
Well just the Hollas/Dixon combo gets us to the top half of the conference. The team component just gets us better.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks lost the match to a very good Tulane team by 3 sets to 2. Jumped out to a 6-2 lead in the fifth set, and then went silent for a while. Good crowd as usual. Our four seniors started and played a lot. The freshman from Puerto Rico started. She had some good moments, but looked like a freshman. The junior libero transfer from UIW is good as advertised. The two transfers from Tyler Junior College looked good. Very good warm up for the Ladyjacks. On to Dallas to start the season.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.