2022-2023 Lumberjack Basketball

103,742 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
RichieVan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Might as well start the thread now. Looking forward to seeing how Keller manages the transfer portal to try and snag a big man.
Need something to anticipate to forget the bad finish to the 2021-22 season.
Axe em!!
BigJack85
RichieVan said:

Might as well start the thread now. Looking forward to seeing how Keller manages the transfer portal to try and snag a big man.
Need something to anticipate to forget the bad finish to the 2021-22 season.
Axe em!!

Good move. We probably have 5-6 solid pieces. Mostly guards. Calvin Solomon can fill it up if he gets the right support. AJ Cajuste is going to be a handful. I see him playing point. Could play 2
nacluth
Cofer in his very limited minutes played point. I thought he moved like a basketball player even if not at starter speed. Anyone have any thoughts if he will develop into our backup PG next year?
PurpleOut
Staff
I think we need to go after multiple big men, or at least another strong Forward.

Calvin was great this year, and should be even better next year. BUT, he's still fairly erratic and easily gets himself in foul trouble. And I think we struggled when he wasn't in the game, our guards are too inconsistent.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Cofer in his very limited minutes played point. I thought he moved like a basketball player even if not at starter speed. Anyone have any thoughts if he will develop into our backup PG next year?

Honestly, I can barely recall even seeing him on the court. So he is an unknown quantity to me. Realistically, he would have to improve by leaps and bounds in the next seven months to go from hardly ever playing to be a backup D-1 PG.
Jacks1989
The Transfer from Vanderbilt, Peyton Daniel's. Just wondering the expectations on him this coming year. He was highly ranked coming out of high school. Is he good enough to be a starter?
No-look
nacluth said:

nacluth
Guess that answers that.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah not unexpected. I wish kids would have more strength to stick it out for more than just one year.

*Obviously there can be plenty of other reasons why someone will want to transfer that we don't know about.
MinnJack
Peyton is from the same hometown as Kevon Harris, so that's a plus.
PurpleOut
Staff
Belmont transfer Jacobi Wood has heard from NC State, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Stephen F. Austin, Charlotte and Wofford since entering the transfer portal. 6'2 guard averaged 6.3 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 2.2 assists this past season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

The Transfer from Vanderbilt, Peyton Daniel's. Just wondering the expectations on him this coming year. He was highly ranked coming out of high school. Is he good enough to be a starter?

Check out info on him over in the Recruiting 2022 Commits thread.
TallTexan
MinnJack said:

On name alone I think he's going to be the best lumberjack in history.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Belmont transfer Jacobi Wood has heard from NC State, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Stephen F. Austin, Charlotte and Wofford since entering the transfer portal. 6'2 guard averaged 6.3 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 2.2 assists this past season.

We need another guard?
purpleballs
BigJack85 said:

PurpleOut said:

We need another guard?

If he can shoot we need him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

MinnJack said:

On name alone I think he's going to be the best lumberjack in history.
Well, nobody's perfect, Peyton.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purpleballs said:

BigJack85 said:

PurpleOut said:

We need another guard?

If he can shoot we need him.

Keller and staff sometimes make it hard to comprehend what they're doing... But we've got to trust the process.
No-look
We could have contacted him prior to signing recent guards. Coaches are probably going after a couple bigs. I would like to know who they're courting
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

We could have contacted him prior to signing recent guards. Coaches are probably going after a couple bigs. I would like to know who they're courting

Amen to that! This is one of my least favorite times of the year. Not knowing what's happening on the recruiting trails just kills me. Wish I had a few of those tiny James Bond spy microphones to hide under the coaches' collars.
SFAXE93
They got next, and we've got goals!

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

They got next, and we've got goals!

Seats in the nose bleed section are $200. Nothing available in the lower bowl unless you can get them from scalpers.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hate basketball games at football stadiums.

I went to games in Houston, San Antonio, and New Orleans...and the views suck. Even the lower bowls.
SFAXE93
I'll pay $200 and the $20 for parking if the Lumberjacks are there
No-look
PurpleOut said:

I hate basketball games at football stadiums.

I went to games in Houston, San Antonio, and New Orleans...and the views suck. Even the lower bowls.
This.
PurpleOut
Staff
Aku has entered the portal.

I wish him the best of luck, just didn't seem to be a fit here.
corleycl
corleycl
TallTexan
Well that sucks.
PurpleOut
Staff
UGH.

That hurts.
No-look
Wow! I hate that
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Aku has entered the portal.

I wish him the best of luck, just didn't seem to be a fit here.
He wasn't a fit at A&M either. Wasted scholarship. Wish him the best.
MasterAxe
Big men on the roster:

Not great.
SFAJack_76
Nana and four guards … suboptimal.
nacluth
Losing Calvin is not great. It's basically like a full rebuild with Posey, Hall, and Jossell as the building blocks. They're good, but they aren't a team. Calvin shored up the middle with experience and a high motor. He was going to need some more "big" help, but having a fourth year guy inside was huge.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Nana and four guards … suboptimal.

Understatement of the century. Yikes. Right now our roster looks like a bunch 1,2,3 guys and Hall as our power forward. Great guy. Exceptional. Is going to need more than Nana to help.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.