2021 NCAA Football

69,824 Views | 610 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarkyMark622
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Sam loses now it's 100% because of that penalty.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Double crap!!!! I HATE Prison Tech!!!!
SFASawmillGuy
You've gotta be kidding me.
TallTexan
I was working and saw JMU's 21 point lead.

And then came back from drilling a hole in the roof and Sam had a lead.

Such a wild swing.
SFASawmillGuy
As I mentioned their offense being exposed...
That offense can score quickly, and JMU got lax. Had JMU kept up the intensity defensively no way they get hot like they did, but oh well. Now our last hope is another team called "The Jacks"
Jacks4460
We want prison tech to win because we want to beat the best which we will soon.. The tide is turning.. We will be the ones in Frisco soon..
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

As I mentioned their offense being exposed...
That offense can score quickly, and JMU got lax. Had JMU kept up the intensity defensively no way they get hot like they did, but oh well. Now our last hope is another team called "The Jacks"
Correct! I'll be cheering for those Jacks just as much as I do for our real Jacks.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

We want prison tech to win because we want to beat the best which we will soon.. The tide is turning.. We will be the ones in Frisco soon..

This is one of the few times when I have to disagree with you, 4460. I don't want Prison Tech to win at ANYTHING. Not marbles. Not hopscotch. Not rock, paper, scissors. And definitely not football or basketball!
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Agree.
Jacks4460
Hehehehehe
SFASawmillGuy
It'll be good for conference prestige if the convicts win...the WAC will have a national football title to claim literally as soon as it starts football....but I already hate how SHSU fans literally won't acknowledge any other sport, and hold football as the only thing that matters despite the recent basketball history.
The only way to hurt the Bearkats is to make sure they're not the best in football.
SFASawmillGuy
I still want to point out that Sam Houston is not the best team in the country. They played a very weak abbreviated conference schedule, a playoff game against a bad team that didn't deserve to be there, a crippled team with literally no QB, and a team that choked its lead away.
SHSU might be the luckiest group, but if you've watched them play, they really aren't special, and I think our fall team could beat them.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

It'll be good for conference prestige if the convicts win...the WAC will have a national football title to claim literally as soon as it starts football....but I already hate how SHSU fans literally won't acknowledge any other sport, and hold football as the only thing that matters despite the recent basketball history.
The only way to hurt the Bearkats is to make sure they're not the best in football.
The good news is, 95% of them don't even know they're playing spring football.
SFASawmillGuy
This is true.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

The good news is, 95% of them don't even know they're playing spring football.

True dat. I live in Gleannloch Farms, a quintessential suburban community in northwest Houston. Guy and gal that live across from me are young professionals, newly minted SHSU grads. Saturday I drove back from working out passing the two new Bearkats working in the yard. I said to them "Why aren't you two in Huntsville?" The response was "We graduated years ago!" I said, "What about the game , you're playing James Madison!" Nothing but blank stares
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

I still want to point out that Sam Houston is not the best team in the country. They played a very weak abbreviated conference schedule, a playoff game against a bad team that didn't deserve to be there, a crippled team with literally no QB, and a team that choked its lead away.
SHSU might be the luckiest group, but if you've watched them play, they really aren't special, and I think our fall team could beat them.

This
KATatonic
SFA_03 said:

Sour grapes. We just beat the two most dominant FCS teams of the last decade. Luck is part of the game, but you don't win with just luck. We put ourselves in position to take advantage of the luck when it presents itself. Undefeated. Beat NDSU. Beat JMU. We might lose to the Jackrabbits, but to say we don't deserve to be there is just denial. BTW, our d-line is SPECIAL.

Can't wait for fall. I know you guys are going to compete. Carthel has you on the right track and you have the talent to beat us. If we win it all next weekend, I expect your players to be playing with their hair on fire.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is an SFA forum. Do you really think we're going to be unbiased?

BTW, the so-called "playoffs" this year are a joke! A 3-win team in the "national playoffs"? Give me a break!
KATatonic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This is an SFA forum. Do you really think we're going to be unbiased?

BTW, the so-called "playoffs" this year are a joke! A 3-win team in the "national playoffs"? Give me a break!
Monmouth was a good team. Better than people gave credit for. Of course those teams that played only a few rightfully exited quickly.
Jacks4460
KATatonic said:

If we win it all next weekend, I expect your players to be playing with their hair on fire.
Win or lose our players will be playing with their hair on fire..
TallTexan
KATatonic said:

SFA_03 said:

Sour grapes. We just beat the two most dominant FCS teams of the last decade. Luck is part of the game, but you don't win with just luck. We put ourselves in position to take advantage of the luck when it presents itself. Undefeated. Beat NDSU. Beat JMU. We might lose to the Jackrabbits, but to say we don't deserve to be there is just denial. BTW, our d-line is SPECIAL.

Can't wait for fall. I know you guys are going to compete. Carthel has you on the right track and you have the talent to beat us. If we win it all next weekend, I expect your players to be playing with their hair on fire.

I for one have always said that Sam is perfect for spring football.

Like a USFL or XFL team that folks vaguely remember.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

KATatonic said:

SFA_03 said:

You just insulted my Houston Gamblers! Comparing them to Prison Tech. For shame!
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

KATatonic said:

SFA_03 said:

I still wear my Houston Roughnecks gear with pride sir. Only undefeated team in XFL history!
TheRevSFA
You never want to see your rival do better than you, but Sam is a ****ing good team and deserves respect. Sam teams of old would have shown their belly after JMU went up so big, and this team didn't. Keeler has built a team to beat the NDSU/JMU of the world, and I imagine Carthel is following suit, but also building a team to beat the Sam Houstons of the world.

If they win sunday, there shouldn't be an asterisk but it. Everyone played by the same rules.
cboothe09
TheRevSFA said:

Everyone that played, played by the same rules.

FIFY
KATatonic
TheRevSFA said:

You never want to see your rival do better than you, but Sam is a ****ing good team and deserves respect. Sam teams of old would have shown their belly after JMU went up so big, and this team didn't. Keeler has built a team to beat the NDSU/JMU of the world, and I imagine Carthel is following suit, but also building a team to beat the Sam Houstons of the world.

If they win sunday, there shouldn't be an asterisk but it. Everyone played by the same rules.
Yes! We want SFA to be good and the BOTPW to determine who gets the WAC automatic qualifying bid. And we want that AQ every single year. But we want to earn it by beating the hated rival each time they think they have us. BTW, I think Carthel is the guy to take you to where you want to go. The last two were tools.
TallTexan
KATatonic said:

TheRevSFA said:

Yes! We want SFA to be good and the BOTPW to determine who gets the WAC automatic qualifying bid. And we want that AQ every single year. But we want to earn it by beating the hated rival each time they think they have us. BTW, I think Carthel is the guy to take you to where you want to go. The last two were tools.
We need to get it back on campus.

The campus was electric for the last one. We've outsourced our best home or away game each year to a corporate environment in Houston.
TallTexan
I still hope they get their clocks cleaned Saturday, but this is good insight into SHSU's rebuilding effort.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/05/11/how-sam-houston-reinvented-a-championship-team?ref=home_feature_article
SFASawmillGuy
SLU QB Cole Kelley won the Walter Payton Award, the FCS equivalent to the heismen trophy.

This spring season has really thrown me for a loop, because I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about this kid.
SFASawmillGuy
3 drives in. SDSU is the clear superior team. Let's hope they dont JMU this.
SFASawmillGuy
If the FCS championship gets called due to weather that's probably funnier than if Sam outright lost.
AxeEm99
The have tornado warnings right now in North Dallas.... Hopefully SDSU will come out firing on all cylinders!!
SFASawmillGuy
The injury to SDSU's QB further validates our decision to play in the fall.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

Recall that we have about 15 guys rehabbing this spring that should be ready to go in August. How many will the spring teams have that won't be playing in the fall? It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA_03 said:

Recall that we have about 15 guys rehabbing this spring that should be ready to go in August. How many will the spring teams have that won't be playing in the fall? It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

My guess is that it's huge.

And I think we'll see the Spring teams have a higher fall injury number as well. Football is rough on the body.

We're less than 90 days from fall camp.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.