2021 NCAA Football

71,268 Views | 610 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarkyMark622
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2020: 6-4 like a good stock rising from the ashes
2019: 3-9
2018: 2-9

EKU and ACU were two FCS wins for us in 2020, and very good solid wins at that, away from Homer Bryce.

We also played 4 FBS teams (good experience) and with the exception of SMU and the 4th quarter against Memphis the team performed very good and competed, which has not been the case for SFA in past FBS matchups.

You cannot be blinded by arrogance, to not see this program is on the way up, or maybe you don't want to see it.

Axe'Em
Jacks4460
They dont want to see it... its ok tho... we will just have to show them on the field this year... we are coiming for you Prison Tech...
millenniumkat
Now that is a great take and a great post. Respect given.
millenniumkat
Totally false, most kat fans wish that sfa was better. A good sfa is good for us, the rivalry and the conference.
millenniumkat
When you consider those "solid wins"...you aint ready. Just saying

And we heard literally all these same things from this same message board when Conque was hired.."prison tech is scared"..."we will have their number"."..we are ready". Etc. rinse and repeat.
Jacks4460
you didnt have me here when Conque was here.. i was no where around the program.. we are coming for you so have your head on a swivel or you are gonna get hit in the mouth..
Jacks4460
millenniumkat said:

Totally false, most kat fans wish that sfa was better. A good sfa is good for us, the rivalry and the conference.
only good thing I have seen you type..
millenniumkat
First off, that sounds really violent! Are you going to hit ME? Or are your players going to start a fight? Please explain....football is a contact sport but no one should condone fighting.

Also, im not being arrogant...i dont think we are unbeatable at all. The FCS has a lot of parity right now. There are 5-6 teams that could win it all...but right now sfa aint one of them.

It all comes down to a game by game execution and playmaking, which we proved we can do. You on the other hand have some showing up to do
Jacks4460
millenniumkat said:

First off, that sounds really violent! Are you going to hit ME? Or are your players going to start a fight? Please explain....football is a contact sport but no one should condone fighting.

Also, im not being arrogant...i dont think we are unbeatable at all. The FCS has a lot of parity right now. There are 5-6 teams that could win it all...but right now sfa aint one of them.

It all comes down to a game by game execution and playmaking, which we proved we can do. You on the other hand have some showing up to do
funny stuff... no Mk no hate language here or whatever it was called.. my skin is very tough so whatever people say doesnt effect me... I see on your KAT fans thread you refer to SFA fans as "snowflakes" I promise you I am very very far from a snowflake and if I had to hit you in the mouth because I felt myself or my own were in danger then yeah the fight would be on..
Kat1990
SFAXE93 said:

2020: 6-4 like a good stock rising from the ashes
2019: 3-9
2018: 2-9

EKU and ACU were two FCS wins for us in 2020, and very good solid wins at that, away from Homer Bryce.

We also played 4 FBS teams (good experience) and with the exception of SMU and the 4th quarter against Memphis the team performed very good and competed, which has not been the case for SFA in past FBS matchups.

You cannot be blinded by arrogance, to not see this program is on the way up, or maybe you don't want to see it.

Axe'Em

Carthel as I stated before has the program on the rise no doubt
I think most see that
We just don't think its quiet there BUT I have no doubt that he will get you there
millenniumkat
Aaaaaaand now you are fantasizing about an imaginary assault that hasnt taken place. You may have some inner demons to deal with. Lets keep it about sports on the field, ok friend? I come in peace.
Texasheli
Since there is so much smack talk it does show passion on both sides for the rivalry. That said how many are going to man up and congratulate whichever opponent wins and eat the crow pie. They will need to copy their previous post and then ask for the verbal spanking they deserve.
millenniumkat
Screen shot this...."If SFA mans up and takes us down, i will pay them their due even if it makes me want to puke."

You see...Katfans learned from Bison fans that in order to get respect from the committee, the teams you play need to be good as well and they need to be respected nationally.

Otherwise your SOS sucks. So yeah, shsu needs for SFA to step up and start beating some people.
Jacks4460
i always congratulate a winner.. Even when its hard too..
kakat10
Jacks4460 said:

you didnt have me here when Conque was here.. i was no where around the program.. we are coming for you so have your head on a swivel or you are gonna get hit in the mouth..
Is this where I say this is too violent, personal and demand it be removed? #AskingForMyFriendRandy
SFA Jack Fanatic
millenniumkat
kakat10 said:

Jacks4460 said:

Is this where I say this is too violent, personal and demand it be removed? #AskingForMyFriendRandy

I was just minding my own business, trying to talk x's and o's and suddenly the convo turned all dark and threatening. I mean, i dont want to get punched in the mouth over FCS football.
SFA Jack Fanatic
kakat10
Jacks4460 said:

you didnt have me here when Conque was here.. i was no where around the program.. we are coming for you so have your head on a swivel or you are gonna get hit in the mouth.

Jacks4460... I hate to break it to you but when you're king of the hill, the target is always on your back, heads are always on a swivel. It's how you stay there...

I hope it's entertaining, comes down to the last 20 seconds, crowd roaring game. I don't drive over 3 hours to Houston for snoozefests, even though that's what the last one left like.

Let's go big boy, strap it on Jacks and let's play ball. The Kats will be ready. I promise you that. #KingOfTheHill #Champs
kakat10
millenniumkat said:

kakat10 said:

Jacks4460 said:

I was just minding my own business, trying to talk x's and o's and suddenly the convo turned all dark and threatening. I mean, i dont want to get punched in the mouth over FCS football.

With the last 9 years of beat downs you've witnessed at BOTPW I think you qualify for witness protection. We will get you a security detail and a fake ID.

Maybe Millennium McLovin or something like that will work.
kakat10
Texasheli said:

Since there is so much smack talk it does show passion on both sides for the rivalry. That said how many are going to man up and congratulate whichever opponent wins and eat the crow pie. They will need to copy their previous post and then ask for the verbal spanking they deserve.

Let's go! I'm looking forward to it. Get fired up, get the fans fired up, let's make BOTPW the best yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85
I'm ready for our "friends" to go home.
millenniumkat
kakat10 said:

millenniumkat said:

kakat10 said:

Jacks4460 said:

With the last 9 years of beat downs you've witnessed at BOTPW I think you qualify for witness protection. We will get you a security detail and a fake ID.

Maybe Millennium McLovin or something like that will work.

24 year old, Hawaiian Organ donor.
SFAXE93
* I look forward to a full fall season to see how good all the teams really are.

* With all the players back who opted out, playing OOC games, playing everybody in the conference, a full field for the playoffs.

* Should be interesting.

SFAXE93
The following were not beat downs, not at all.

2012 51-43
2013 56-49
2015 34-28
2017 27-16
2019 31-20

All the rest in the nine game span, yes were beat downs.

And if I remember correctly, the kats had to come from behind to win it in the last meeting, with about 6 minutes remaining in the game.
kakat10
SFAXE93 said:

2012 51-43
2013 56-49
2015 34-28
2017 27-16
2019 31-20

And if I remember correctly, the kats had to come from behind to win it in the last meeting, with about 6 minutes remaining in the game.
Ahh yes... I remember 2019 as the year we all wanted to forget... missed the playoff and lost to Lamar! in 3OT, I wanna puke.

You guys did have a 3pt lead in the 4th off of an INT and then we scored 14 unanswered and put it away.

Like I said earlier, I hope it's a great one. Tough, physical, exciting, all of it. We will find out on October 2nd.

The attendance was listed at 24,000 fans for that game... with COVID and all of that, I think we should be able to sell 30,000+

What do you guys think?
Jacks4460
30-35K would be a great crowd.. it can happen enough Prison Tech alum in H-town and I know the Lumberjack fans will show up this year..
SFAXE93
Now, if we could only get George Strait to play at halftime.
Kat1990
Jacks4460 said:

30-35K would be a great crowd.. it can happen enough Prison Tech alum in H-town and I know the Lumberjack fans will show up this year..
We shall see last 2 BOTPW I was at in 2016 and 2018 of the 22k or so at both about 18-20k were SHSU
In 2018 only about 1500 or so Jacks it seemed like
I know there should be a much better crowd from SFA with the changes and improvement
I don't see why there should not be at 33k or better there
Kat1990
SFAXE93 said:

Now, if we could only get George Strait to play at halftime.
Cody Johnson maybe?
millenniumkat
SFAXE93 said:

2012 51-43
2013 56-49
2015 34-28
2017 27-16
2019 31-20

Its a rivakry game...not D2 OOC. Beatdowns are rare.

For all you dissing Monmouth heres their last 4 years records
9-3, 8-3, 11-3 and then 3-1 spring. Wins over top 10 KSU twice. so if they are trash then what is SFAint?

#FocusOnTarleton
Jacks4460
who gives a flying f about monmouth.. you can go get stats for anything and skew them to whatever bs point you are trying to make.. go do something else mk and stop worrying about us here in the Piney Woods.. dont worry we will be ready for you and you will get your rivalry game.. so glad you are worried about us that you do this.. its good to know..
BigJack85
Kat1990 said:

Jacks4460 said:

We shall see last 2 BOTPW I was at in 2016 and 2018 of the 22k or so at both about 18-20k were SHSU
In 2018 only about 1500 or so Jacks it seemed like
I know there should be a much better crowd from SFA with the changes and improvement
I don't see why there should not be at 33k or better there

I was at the 2018 game. Your eyes are bad. Texas State Optical is still in business
PurpleOut
Staff
kakat10 said:

SFAXE93 said:

2012 51-43
2013 56-49
2015 34-28
2017 27-16
2019 31-20

Ahh yes... I remember 2019 as the year we all wanted to forget... missed the playoff and lost to Lamar! in 3OT, I wanna puke.

You guys did have a 3pt lead in the 4th off of an INT and then we scored 14 unanswered and put it away.

Like I said earlier, I hope it's a great one. Tough, physical, exciting, all of it. We will find out on October 2nd.

The attendance was listed at 24,000 fans for that game... with COVID and all of that, I think we should be able to sell 30,000+

What do you guys think?
Obviously losing hurts attendance, but most Lumberjacks that I know (ones not posting here) are pretty meh on playing in Houston now in general. It was fun for a few years to switch it up and play in a NFL stadium, but it's lost it's luster with a lot of our fans.

Even with 20-30k, playing in a giant empty stadium doesn't do much for me. Limited tailgating hours, etc.

Most of us want it back on campus, but I'd be in favor of a home-home-neutral deal. While splitting the neutral location between Houston and Dallas (Frisco maybe).

Houston is obviously where the largest Sam Houston population is, but there's a huge SFA base in Dallas (including myself) that doesn't want to travel that far. Just my thoughts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.