2021 NCAA Football

71,283 Views | 610 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarkyMark622
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is all coming to an end very soon.. We have them in our cross hairs and they have been there all spring and going into summer workouts.. they are worried about us I can promise you... I never ever knew our former athletic dept administration was as weak as they were.. Probably why I never paid any attention to SFA sports nor did I give any $$.. Now its different with our leaders we have in place... its all I think about and give my extra cash too.. Times are changing and the Kats are scared as *****.
cboothe09
I've known Will a long time. He is a really good kid. Happy to see him succeed. I wish his sister would have had the same success while in Nac...
PurpleOut
Staff
Oh yeah? Well I bet my dad could beat up your dad!
SFAXE93
Serious question

What are SFA's chances of winning the BOTPW in 2021?
SFASawmillGuy
You know what, I'm really liking this trash talk. The BOTPW 2021 is gonna be spicy!
Jacks4460
Jacks4460
I think our chances are better than they have been in a 10-15 yrs... I cant believe Hill and Steve let our football program go down hill like it was before Carthel took over... Makes me look at those two differently now. We will give Sam a run for their money this season I can promise you that.. We got a 50% chance of winning..
Kat1990
Jacks4460 said:

I think our chances are better than they have been in a 10-15 yrs... I cant believe Hill and Steve let our football program go down hill like it was before Carthel took over... Makes me look at those two differently now. We will give Sam a run for their money this season I can promise you that.. We got a 50% chance of winning..
You have a great coach who is turning it around its going to happen soon just not this year I don't think
kakat10
Jacks4460 said:

We want some of NDSU too..

There we go! That's the spirit, we need some of our conference mates to come and help slay these dragons.

It's football like you wouldn't believe. I hope y'all can get there one day soon and experience it for yourself.
nacluth
The thread has been cleaned up. A couple people have brief time outs. I would prefer to let the conversation and the thread continue.

Please practice good online behavior. You may always ignore other users to not see their posts.
AxeEm99
THANK YOU!!
Jacks4460
I am with 76 censoring sucks and i saw nothing that warranted anyone to be sent to timeout no matter what school they are rooting for.. the main reason i didnt do the pay for access part of this forum.. if i had more time on my hands i would start another forum in rivals or one of the other sites.. just dont have the time to do it..people need some thicker skin and not get their feeling hurt so easy..
Pilotgirl
I just don't ever want our forum to be like theirs...they have recently said really awful hate-speech on their forum (for example, they would sell every SFA fan into human trafficking except one....there is a better way that doesn't involve violence to get your point across). If THAT kind of behavior is ever tolerated here, I would never participate in discussions, paid or free subscriber. Some back and forth is fine, but when it comes to violence of any kind, that is unacceptable to me.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I just don't ever want our forum to be like theirs...they have recently said really awful hate-speech on their forum (for example, they would sell every SFA fan into human trafficking except one....there is a better way that doesn't involve violence to get your point across). If THAT kind of behavior is ever tolerated here, I would never participate in discussions, paid or free subscriber. Some back and forth is fine, but when it comes to violence of any kind, that is unacceptable to me.
Absolutely agree with this.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agree with Pilotgirl of course, but we haven't had anything like that here (yet, or that I've seen).

Most of us just need to get over it. I've been down this road several times since LJF.com was started, and it's never as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

We welcome all fan bases here, as we always have. Just because it's our number one rival doesn't make it any different.
Kat1990
Jacks4460 said:

I am with 76 censoring sucks and i saw nothing that warranted anyone to be sent to timeout no matter what school they are rooting for.. the main reason i didnt do the pay for access part of this forum.. if i had more time on my hands i would start another forum in rivals or one of the other sites.. just dont have the time to do it..people need some thicker skin and not get their feeling hurt so easy..
Well I got 3 days but apparently that was modified so I am back lol
Kat1990
Pilotgirl said:

I went back and found that post I had not read it
That was hyperbole but it does need to be taken down it is not appropriate

kakat10
Pilotgirl said:

Where did you see this? I looked and couldn't find it. We have no problem cleaning that kind of speech up because there is no room anywhere to joke about human trafficking.

Also understand, that because it is on the site doesn't mean it's tolerated. We may not have seen it yet. Our moderator team does the best we can but KF is very active with thousands of visits and hundreds of posts per day.

This is a labor of love for us, as we don't charge or get paid.

Again, let me know where it's at and ill take care of it.
kakat10
PurpleOut said:

Agree with Pilotgirl of course, but we haven't had anything like that here (yet, or that I've seen).

Most of us just need to get over it. I've been down this road several times since LJF.com was started, and it's never as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

We welcome all fan bases here, as we always have. Just because it's our number one rival doesn't make it any different.

I thought the dialogue was good and fun, to be honest. Certainly nothing too serious or personal. It's good to mix it up sometimes.

I give my real-life SFA friends more grief than ever on here and we all laugh. It's good fun.
SFAJack_76
kakat10 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Where did you see this? I looked and couldn't find it. We have no problem cleaning that kind of speech up because there is no room anywhere to joke about human trafficking.

Also understand, that because it is on the site doesn't mean it's tolerated. We may not have seen it yet. Our moderator team does the best we can but KF is very active with thousands of visits and hundreds of posts per day.

First post on this thread.

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?22837-The-pre-BOTPW-thread
kakat10
SFAJack_76 said:

kakat10 said:

Pilotgirl said:

First post on this thread.

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?22837-The-pre-BOTPW-thread

Gotcha! It's been fixed.

If you're a golf fan, be sure to check out the Kats reppin' the SLC one last time at the NCAA Finals on the Golf Channel.

Hopefully the SLC baseball squads make some noise on the way out too.
millenniumkat
So....ready for NDSU huh? You do realize that they have not been a D2 school for over a decade now so maybe pump the brakes a smidge.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In what is left of the Southland in the fall, HBU will play Nicholls twice, Northwestern State twice, Incarnate Word twice, McNeese once, and Southeastern Louisiana once.
SFAXE93
It will be interesting to see who the SLC gets to fill the openings, or if they will just go with what they have for a few seasons. I wonder what their timeline is?

Jacks4460
I promise we are ready for them and Prison Tech.. Enjoy your championship celebration..
Jacks4460
I have actually been reading your forum and you guys do a good job, seeing it is a free site and thus free labor on your part.. The Kats are alot more knowledgeable about football than I thought.. I have read some good posts in there and some posters had some good takes.. I still want to beat the you know what out of Sam but wanted to give kuddos on a site that is far better than the sawmill and has way more participation in it.
kakat10
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In what is left of the Southland in the fall, HBU will play Nicholls twice, Northwestern State twice, Incarnate Word twice, McNeese once, and Southeastern Louisiana once.
That schedule sounds AWFUL! I feel sorry for McNeese... I really do.
kakat10
Jacks4460 said:

I have actually been reading your forum and you guys do a good job, seeing it is a free site and thus free labor on your part.. The Kats are alot more knowledgeable about football than I thought.. I have read some good posts in there and some posters had some good takes.. I still want to beat the you know what out of Sam but wanted to give kuddos on a site that is far better than the sawmill and has way more participation in it.
get an account and jump in!
millenniumkat
What has prepared you?
Jacks4460
We have had a Strength and Conditioning program led by Coach Stoner along with a nutrition refuel bar for our Football team.. So we are going to be bigger faster stronger than ever before. Coach Carthel has recruited a type of player that is good both on the field and in the classroom. We finally got a multipurpose degree if you want to call it that, so that we can start accepting the transfers from the bigger schools just like Sam has done for ages. Coach Carthel also has a good rapport with the NFL scouts and will be putting some of our players in the league and some of the elite players are attracted to that. Coaching staff works non stop on recruiting and their contacts are some of the best I have ever seen. Coaching staff has won a NC at a lower level so they know what it takes to win. We have leadership in place that WANTS the football team to succeed and will do what it takes to get it done. Everyone on the team and in the program has a NC as the ultimate goal nothing less...
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

We have had a Strength and Conditioning program led by Coach Stoner along with a nutrition refuel bar for our Football team.. So we are going to be bigger faster stronger than ever before. Coach Carthel has recruited a type of player that is good both on the field and in the classroom. We finally got a multipurpose degree if you want to call it that, so that we can start accepting the transfers from the bigger schools just like Sam has done for ages. Coach Carthel also has a good rapport with the NFL scouts and will be putting some of our players in the league and some of the elite players are attracted to that. Coaching staff works non stop on recruiting and their contacts are some of the best I have ever seen. Coaching staff has won a NC at a lower level so they know what it takes to win. We have leadership in place that WANTS the football team to succeed and will do what it takes to get it done. Everyone on the team and in the program has a NC as the ultimate goal nothing less...

I wonder about how facilities fit in. The basketball performance center will take some pressure off of the existing wellness center that is currently being used for most of the athletics department.

Sam is doing a massive field house renovation. With the $$$ being spent on basketball I'm guessing that football won't see that type of investment in the near term. Maybe 2022 or 2023 we will make some modest investments in Homer Bryce.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

If all you are talking about is football, the Katfans site is fine. Zero posts about the recent SLC outdoor T&F championships. Zero posts about the SLC softball tournament, which is real close to the number of supporters they had in Hammond. Etc.

Of course, other than men's basketball and football, the Sawmill isn't much different.
millenniumkat
Lets chat for a sec shall we?

Look...in all honesty, in good faith with no hate involved, just pure objective observation...to say "we are ready for ndsu etc" just makes you look dumb to the nation of fcs.

We all understand supporting your team and being a homer, i refuse to pick against the Kats vs any fcs team as an example. No one criticizes that.

You can say "I think we can compete" or "i think we will upset Sam in the BOTPW" and be totally fine. I mean, we all know that anything can happen in a rivalry game ....ive seem some really average shsu teams knock off really good sfa teams in the past.

But to say "i promise we are ready" based on a 3-9 season in 2019 and a 6-4 2020 record with 4 D2 wins and literally no FCs wins of note at all....as if that has somehow turned your program around...is just...well...dumb.

And that kind if ignorant, unsubstantiated comment is what gives Southland/former Southland fan bases such a bad name with the rest of FCS.

I know football has been cruel to you guys And maybe you have forgotten how the sport actually works....but you kinda have to "Do something" of substance before you can make statements like that.

Just trying to help. Smooches
Jacks4460
Their football talk is way far superior than ours.. but look at what we have had for the last 15 yrs or so.... we havent had anything to get us excited to talk about..
Jacks4460
MK i hear you and you can say what ever you want.. We gotta produce on the field which we are... we will not stop until we reach our goal which is a NC.. And if you know anything about football and how a football team operates all those reasons I gave was why we are going to compete for a NC really soon..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.