2021 NCAA Football

71,213 Views | 610 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarkyMark622
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Made my first trip to the FCS title game today (live 5 miles away and still haven't been able to go).

The tailgate scene was incredible. We all know what NDSU does and brings, but to see it first hand is just a different experience. It's a home game over 1,000 miles away from home. Montana State was very well represented as well.

Weather wasn't great, but when is it ever in January in North Texas. I wish they could get a kickoff later than 11:00, but I understand why.

`
SFAXE93
Abilene Christian (FCS - TX): Mary Hardin-Baylor (D-III - TX) offensive coordinator Stephen Lee has joined the staff as offensive coordinator.

SFAXE93
ACU doing a Louisiana Tech and just taking from one program.

WR Coach Steven Thrash from Mary Hardin-Baylor

TheRevSFA
You should have stayed til the end when Matt and Jordan jumped the rail and were chased by security.
SFAXE93
Incarnate Word (FCS - TX): Per source, Casey Walker is leaving the Texas A&M Commerce (D-II) staff to be the new defensive line coach for UIW.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Incarnate Word (FCS - TX): Per source, Casey Walker is leaving the Texas A&M Commerce (D-II) staff to be the new defensive line coach for UIW.
That's a good get for them.

TBH, I was hoping Walker and Adibi were gonna be our options for the defense replacements.
MarkyMark622
https://twitter.com/Cameron7Ward/status/1480706032791871488?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

No surprise Cameron Ward following his Coach
SFAXE93
UCA WR TYLER HUDSON transfers to Louisville
SFAXE93
UIW DE CHANCE MAIN transfers to Colorado.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech RB Ramon Jefferson has entered the portal. Had 1,155 yards and 13 TD's this past season.
SFAXE93
Incarnate Word (FCS): Jonathan Patke, who had served as the inside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator on Manny Diaz's staff at Miami, is expected to join the Incarnate Word staff as defensive coordinator.

TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Incarnate Word (FCS): Jonathan Patke, who had served as the inside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator on Manny Diaz's staff at Miami, is expected to join the Incarnate Word staff as defensive coordinator.

Maybe UIW is finally planning to be competitive long term.
TallTexan
UNO did a football feasibility study and apparently decided to move forward.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

That's interesting.

I do wish them luck, but this seems like a difficult hill to climb. Knowing the issues other schools and programs have in Louisiana, as well their fan attendance for every other sport.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

That's interesting.

I do wish them luck, but this seems like a difficult hill to climb. Knowing the issues other schools and programs have in Louisiana, as well their fan attendance for every other sport.
Ya it's an odd choice.

Maybe their thought is that with 63 scholarships and a relatively tight geographic region, you can get 100 guys on the roster and have 40 off them paying full tuition to help mitigate costs?

I honestly think we're chasing that strategy some too with our PWO/expanded rosters. An extra 30-40 guys that might go somewhere else is nothing to sneeze at from a funding perspective if they're paying full freight.
MarkyMark622

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.