2021 NCAA Football

71,439 Views | 610 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarkyMark622
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas WR Al'Vonte Woodard 6-2; 206 **** is in the portal.
G:18;REC:3;YDS:28

He is from Houston, played at Lamar High.

Others in the portal

BAYLOR

QB: JACOB ZENO 6-3; 190 **** #8 QB San Antonio, Texas

TCU

RB: ZACH EVANS 5-11; 200 **** #1 State #2 RB Houston, Texas
GP:15;ATT:146;YDS:1,063;AVG:7.3;TD:9

DE: MARK JACKSON JR. 6-1; 233 **** #31 STATE; #13 WDE

SFAXE93
OU

WR:THEO WEASE 6-3; 200 ALLEN, TEXAS ***** #3 WR; #4 STATE

just entered.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Don't get our hopes up on all of these, 93.
SFASawmillGuy
Remember that time we joked about Foster Sawyer coming to SFA and he actually did.
We don't need to talk about the ensuing July 4th.
SFAJack_76
Well, this is different.
SFASawmillGuy
This makes me think he probably got contacted by an FBS coach already and was told to be ready to start training in January.
Unethical I think to poach a player like that. Also a very bad look if I'm an NFL scout, seeing him not want to see his current team all the way through before moving on.

Even if he finishes the playoffs his teammates have to feel this bad.
StroKat
He was being benched so he transferred.
SFAJack_76
StroKat said:

He was being benched so he transferred.
Still a bad look, don't you think. QB's get hurt or are ineffective. Would he not have been next up, or had he burned bridges with the coaches?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Western Kentucky's Bailey Zappe had 577 yards and four touchdowns passing in tonight's 49-41 loss to UTSA in the C-USA Championship game. Zappe, a transfer from HBU, has 56 YD's on the year, with a bowl game remaining with a chance to catch Joe Burrow's FBS record of 60.

So, how did WKU lose with those monster passing numbers? They had -9 yards rushing on 16 carries. UTSA had 252 passing and 304 rushing.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Western Kentucky's Bailey Zappe had 577 yards and four touchdowns passing in tonight's 49-41 loss to UTSA in the C-USA Championship game. Zappe, a transfer from HBU, has 56 YD's on the year, with a bowl game remaining with a chance to catch Joe Burrow's FBS record of 60.

So, how did WKU lose with those monster passing numbers? They had -9 yards rushing on 16 carries. UTSA had 252 passing and 304 rushing.

Reminds me of the old SFA offense Shannon Dawson used to run. A ton of passing yards. But our drives were always so quick that our defense got no break.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Reminds me of the old SFA offense Shannon Dawson used to run. A ton of passing yards. But our drives were always so quick that our defense got no break.
Ya they could score in 1 minute. It was pretty insane to watch last night.

Kittle's offense is pretty incredible but he really should figure out how to work in a running game. Or a screen game to mimic the run game.

The crazy thing was, WKU's defense got better as the game went on and started stuffing UTSA at the line. I actually think UTSA scored so much in the first that they wore themselves out.
SFAXE93
ZAPPE

YDS:5,545;TD:56 (2021) #8 in NCAA History for most passing yards in a season.

He is just 288 yards from the all time NCAA record of 5,833 yards (B.J. SYMONS Texas Tech 2003)

SFASawmillGuy
Sam Houston doing to UIW what we should have.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Sam Houston doing to UIW what we should have.
UIW has shot themselves in the foot multiple times with holding and late hit penalties by their linemen. They were penalized more times in the 1st Q than in the entire game vs. SFA.
SFAXE93
Cameron Ward 364 yards 4TDs UIW up 35-34 early in the 4th
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Cameron Ward 364 yards 4TDs UIW up 35-34 early in the 4th

Go, Cardinals!
SFAXE93
Back and forth, no defense

Ward now 439 yards 5TDs

42-42 2:22 left in the game

both teams have 535 yards of offense

sammy driving at the UIW 21
SFASawmillGuy
If they pull this off they can be our friends. Or acquaintances.
SFAXE93
49-42 sammy

UIW will get the ball with 2:07 remaining, if you score, do you go for 2 for the win?
SFAXE93
UIW driving, at the sam 20
SFAXE93
UIW stopped at the 1

2nd game I watched today of inches

Cards 600 yards of offense
SFA Jack Fanatic
I hate Prison Tech with every fiber of my body!
SFA Jack Fanatic
AxeEm99
Me too sir. Me too!! What I really dislike is their arrogance and attitudes. I hope SFA fans never possess either trait when we FINALLY achieve success in Football!!

Hopefully, NDSU or James Madison can take care of Prison Tech!! IW played a heck of a game tonight!!
AxeEm99
By the way, has anyone heard from MilleniumKat tonight??? He sure is quiet....
Texasheli
I am certainly no fan of Sam, but they did what we did not do. They stopped UIW in the last few seconds of the game to hold on to the win. So props to them. Now my moment of magnanimity is over for Sam.
TallTexan
Personally, I was hoping Sam would beat the brakes off them. I can't stand Sam, but they have a redeeming fan or two.

UIW fans on twitter have been giant trashcans full of dogcrap.

Think it speaks to SFA's defense how low we held both of those teams this year. Next year should be a good one.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of cheering for Montana State.
SFAXE93
You would think that a majority of the players that do enter the portal is due to a lack of playing time, but this guy is the starting QB of a Top 10 program.

Maybe now the motivation is money?
BigJack85
It appears that UIW head coach Eric Morris is headed to Washington State as offensive coordinator.

I don't know what that does to UIW next year but my general feeling is that, with the HC changes at ACU, UIW and SUU the WAC should be open for SFA to dominate.
SFAXE93
UIW loses 32 seniors off of that team and I bet Cameron Ward is now on the way out to go FBS. UIW will be in the 2022 WAC cellar next season.
SFASawmillGuy
Cameron Ward is gonna transfer to Washington state to follow Morris. I would put money on that.

UIW will have a big rebuild next year. They got really lucky with a phenomenal coach in Morris, so they're gonna have their work cut out for them in the search for his replacement.

SFA already was in position to dominate next year, but now I see a bunch of programs that are due for a down year. That's both good for us, because we should have a very good chance for an undefeated conference run, but if we have a head scratching loss which is always possible those losses are going to hurt us really bad. The WAC strength will be very low next year I'd bet.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

Cameron Ward is gonna transfer to Washington state to follow Morris. I would put money on that.

UIW will have a big rebuild next year. They got really lucky with a phenomenal coach in Morris, so they're gonna have their work cut out for them in the search for his replacement.

SFA already was in position to dominate next year, but now I see a bunch of programs that are due for a down year. That's both good for us, because we should have a very good chance for an undefeated conference run, but if we have a head scratching loss which is always possible those losses are going to hurt us really bad. The WAC strength will be very low next year I'd bet.

Early Conference Predictions Assuming Sam isn't eligible

1. SFA
2. Tarleton
3. Dixie
4. Lamar
5. Abilene
6. UIW
7. SUU
nacluth
Why would Sam not be eligible?
SFASawmillGuy
And if Sam is eligible I still think we finish above them. I think our ceiling is higher and with how much we've progressed so fast, I thoroughly believe next year, pending transfers or injuries, we pass them in terms of talent and competitiveness.

Also they most likely will be ineligible because they'll be transitioning next year to the FBS. Meaning they're gonna have more scholarships already and therefore won't be allowed to compete for the FCS playoffs.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Why would Sam not be eligible?

Transitioning to FBS. I believe next year they will already being adding scholarships. Someone told me they (Sam) should have over 70 scholarship players next season. Close to 80 by 2023.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.