2021 NCAA Football

71,429 Views | 610 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarkyMark622
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very nice. Probably means a scoot up.
SFAXE93
Latest projection is #15 SFA playing #18 Kennesaw State in the opening round, with the winner getting #2 South Dakota State.

On this route, if SFA and SHSU went all the way, it would be a BOTPW National Championship in Frisco, Texas.

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-sagarin-2021-ncaa-fcs-playoff-projection-nov-14/
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

Latest projection is #15 SFA playing #18 Kennesaw State in the opening round, with the winner getting #2 South Dakota State.

On this route, if SFA and SHSU went all the way, it would be a BOTPW National Championship in Frisco, Texas.

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-sagarin-2021-ncaa-fcs-playoff-projection-nov-14/

Gods will be done.
SFASawmillGuy
Man, Texas's fall from grace is painful to watch as someone who's always been a Longhorn fan. Is straight up driven into the ground right now.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

Man, Texas's fall from grace is painful to watch as someone who's always been a Longhorn fan. Is straight up driven into the ground right now.

Agree. My dad was a Longhorn. I miss him every day, but glad he can't see this debacle.
SFAXE93
My family is now 4 generations Longhorns (with my nephew a freshman) going back to the 1930s.

I told my Dad (UT class of 65) to start watching more SFA football.

Glad I'm a Lumberjack!
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Thankfully I have the Jacks to make me feel better and thankfully, we've also played a lot of games at the same time as UT this year, so I've avoided having to watch most of the carnage directly.
SFAXE93
#15 UTSA beats UAB on the last play of the game 34-31 to stay perfect 11-0
SFASawmillGuy
Jeff Traylor is 100% gone after their disappointing bowl matchup. TCU is probably already writing his contract now.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Jeff Traylor is 100% gone after their disappointing bowl matchup. TCU is probably already writing his contract now.
Would be a coup by TCU.

Personally I hope he makes it long enough for Texas to hire him in a year or two.
SFAXE93
People gave SFA grief for playing 4 Division II teams in 2020.

2021 SEASON
#11 WESTERN COLORADO 10-1 (PLAYOFFS)
#25 ANGELO STATE 10-2 (CURRENTLY IN THE 2ND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS)
(RV) PITTSBURG STATE 8-3
WEST TEXAS A&M 7-4

Those turned out to be high quality Div. II teams
SFASawmillGuy
True, but I really hope they make a conscious effort to not schedule D2 teams in the future. It nearly cost us the playoffs this year, as our game against Lincoln seemed to be just as bad of a black mark as a loss.
cboothe09
TCU is going all in on Sonny Dykes.

I think Traylor will be Baylor bound
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Oh I hope not. I don't wanna have to try to like Baylor.
cboothe09
I don't want UTSA coming into Nac for a candidate
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Sounds like Aranda is staying in Waco.
SFAJack_76
Egg Bowl. This is a rivalry. Those people hate each other with almost no exceptions.
cboothe09
Saw that. I don't think Traylor is off of any candidate list, but this was a big hurdle.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sources say that Traylor has accepted the HC position at Southern Cal.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Woah. Literally the biggest 4 year jump I could possibly imagine. Going from a 3A(it was 3A before they changed the alignments) Texas High school to literally one of the richest, most high profile head coaching job in all of football. I wish him the best. USC donors are just as bad as UT donors when it comes to decisions. He's gonna need all the luck he can get.

Edit: though I cannot find any credible sources to back this claim up. Only a parody account claiming it. So it's likely not true.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Edit: though I cannot find any credible sources to back this claim up. Only a parody account claiming it. So it's likely not true.
I saw it on what is normally a legit source's Twitter account last night. But I've seen nothing since. So, who knows??
Jacks4460
how about that loss to North Texas yesterday... it could all be related...
SFASawmillGuy
Lincoln Riley just accepted the USC job.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Lincoln Riley just accepted the USC job.
Craziest coaching hire of my lifetime I think.
SFASawmillGuy
Other than Southern California, which Is a huge draw, and the money, I don't see the upside to this.

Oklahoma under him has been national title contenders every year but this year. USC hasn't been anywhere near that since they got hit with all those violations so many years ago. He would need to completely rebuild, something no one knows if he can do, since he inherited a program that was already at the top from Bob Stoops. At this point, similarly to Texas, USC's history means absolutely nothing when it comes to recruiting. And exactly like Texas, he's gonna have donors who have more influence than the president of university in his ear literally every step of the way.

It's gonna be a tough road for him there.
Texasheli
I wonder if it has more to do with the move from the Big 12 to the SEC. It will be harder for him to win the SEC championships consistently. This would drive his value down in the market place overtime. So now is the right time to jump for big money. More of a calculated gamble for the best payday as he is a hot commodity currently. The same type offering may not be there after a couple of years in the SEC. Side note: I heard, whether true of not; he was not the first choice but the first choice candidate pulled out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Texasheli said:

I wonder if it has more to do with the move from the Big 12 to the SEC. It will be harder for him to win the SEC championships consistently. This would drive his value down in the market place overtime. So now is the right time to jump for big money. More of a calculated gamble for the best payday as he is a hot commodity currently. The same type offering may not be there after a couple of years in the SEC. Side note: I heard, whether true of not; he was not the first choice but the first choice candidate pulled out.

Yep. As they say about many things in life... "It's all about the money".
Jacks4460
Norman OK or Hollywood CA??
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Ugh …. neither for me.
cboothe09
LSU lures Brian Kelly from Notre Dame
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

Ugh …. neither for me.

Hollywood come on 76..
SFAXE93
The transfer portal is busting at the seams.

6 players alone just entered from Vanderbilt, abandon ship!
TallTexan
Texasheli said:

I think it's a confluence of factors. First, the money is insane and the locale is one of the best in the world if you're rich.

Secondly, I think it gives Riely the opportunity to write his name in the history books. The moment he left OU, everyone said "he can't win without Bob's players, Bob built this, etc".

If he turns USC around and gets them to the CFP, that's what gets you put on the all time coaches list as a program builder. Now he's out from under Bob's shadow.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Gonna be some real steals out there for great evaluators of talent like Carthel.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFAXE93 said:

Gonna be some real steals out there for great evaluators of talent like Carthel.

And if one of them happened to be from Vandy then he'd have something between the ears, too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.