2023-2024 Ladyjack Basketball

41,586 Views | 471 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember way back in mid-November when UNT clobbered the Ladyjacks, and some of us wondered how could that possibly happen, even with SFA having basically a new team and coaching staff?

Well, it turns out that UNT was the real deal. They are currently 23-7 and are co-champs with Tulsa in the AAC.

Hmmm... I wonder how our new and improved Ladyjacks would fare against them now...
SFAJack_76
Zoe is back.
nacluth
Right on time.
jboy93
Ladyjacks were just giving them a head start. Down 4 starting the last period!
nacluth
30 point swing for the Ladyjacks in less than 18 minutes. Pretty impressive.
SFA Jack Fanatic
81-74 final. Ladyjacks showed a ton of heart. Came back from 26 down in the first half. Win #20 in Coach Bishop's first season.
nacluth
61-28 for the Ladyjacks after being down 46-20. Amazing domination.
jboy93
Great win for the Ladyjacks and a 20 win season with hopefully more still to come!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Never doubted it
jboy93
Kellogg who...just kidding but Bishop has done a fantastic job this year. Should be hands down the coach of the year with this rebuild!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Never doubted it

30-10 after one? Not even a little bit of doubt at that point, Pilot?
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Never doubted it

30-10 after one? Not even a little bit of doubt at that point, Pilot?

I knew we could make it a game. I knew we were wearing them down & we just needed to feed the ball to Harden so we could get their post players in foul trouble. I knew they were an injured team & didn't have a good year, so if we could get on a roll, we could at least make it a game. And I knew those 3s would EVENTUALLY stop lol
Pilotgirl
Their commentators kept saying how we would need to make shots outside the paint to climb back in it. We didn't need to do that....just make stops on the other end and feed it down low. That was a game of perseverance. Lots to learn from that kind of experience.
djsfw57
The Ladyjacks once again put on a clinic in the second half. They were determined to come back and win, and it showed! Outstanding comeback victory!
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
This team has absolutely no quit in them.

So proud of what they and Coach Bishop have done in year 1.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Absolutely. Crackerjack 2nd half. Krysten Harden and the rest of the team made the key shots to put SUU to bed.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Absolutely. Crackerjack 2nd half. Krysten Harden and the rest of the team made the key shots to put SUU to bed.

Harden did her thing but I would be remiss if I didn't mention Lombard's performance...she always flies under the radar but she was instrumental in last night's comeback win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Harden did her thing but I would be remiss if I didn't mention Lombard's performance...she always flies under the radar but she was instrumental in last night's comeback win.

My thoughts exactly. When SUU was gassed in the 4th Q Destini was dribbling down the court faster than the SUU players were running (SFA's players, too). She's the Eveready bunny. No one on the court was in better condition than her.

I really hope she comes back next year.
Pilotgirl
Me too...I'm a huge Dez fan!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Things don't go as well for the Ladyjacks Saturday at Utah Tech. Trailed entire 2nd half and couldn't get over the hump in this one. First time for U Tech to beat SFA in WBB
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Things don't go as well for the Ladyjacks Saturday at Utah Tech. Trailed entire 2nd half and couldn't get over the hump in this one. First time for U Tech to beat SFA in WBB

I was actually not too surprised by the outcome in this one. UTU is a decent team (18 wins) and I knew that playing them on the road was going to be tough. The Ladyjacks couldn't quite come back in this one. If a couple of their threes had dropped at the end, it could have made for a different result. That frehman of theirs, Calyn Dallas, played out of her mind. She's going to be very good over the next three years.
SFAJack_76
Other than Harden, we were bad offensively. Deck 5-20. Avery 1-9 (all 3's). Tyler 1-6. Destini 0 points in 30 minutes. Moore 1-6.

Zoe Nelson did not play, and I didn't see her on the bench.

UTU is a decent team that had seeding to play for, but we played way below our capabilities.

jboy93
I'm getting to work the Region 14 Men's and Women's basketball tournament in Tyler this week and I was doing the PA for the women's Panola vs Kilgore game. Announced the Asst coach for Panola and said to myself that certainly sounds familiar but didn't think anything of it. Took me the first period to realize it was Aaliyah Johnson! Spoke to her a few seconds at the half and she said things are going great as a first year juco assistant. Carthage is not a thriving metropolis but got to get her feet wet. Wish her good luck!
Pilotgirl
Zoe Nelson to the portal...not completely surprising since she's been out/absent. I will miss her...she has grown as a player, for sure!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Zoe Nelson to the portal...not completely surprising since she's been out/absent. I will miss her...she has grown as a player, for sure!

Not surprised either. Having Mele step into that role filled that gap. But Mele is gone now, so portal here we come again...
ServiceJack88
Don't forget that we also have some great recruit's coming in over the summer. While the Portal will be used, trust that Bishop already has players.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ServiceJack88 said:

Don't forget that we also have some great recruit's coming in over the summer. While the Portal will be used, trust that Bishop already has players.

True, they're good, but both of them will be true freshmen, so don't expect either of them to contribute much right away. Keyera Roseby is a PG and Cha Gardner is a post player. I think Gardner will eventually make an impact sooner just because of her height and the position she plays.
Pilotgirl
Reports that Tyler has entered the portal.....
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow. That's disappointing if true. I remember watching the video when Bishop was announced head coach and she seemed about the .most excited about it.
Buckets
I'm fairly certain this is a move based on grad school. I think Tyler would 100% stay here otherwise.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Guess that would make sense. Thanks.

Always love her game face while playing, the old "if looks could kill" comes to mind. All Business.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Buckets said:

I'm fairly certain this is a move based on grad school. I think Tyler would 100% stay here otherwise.
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. Probably will end up enrolling in a grad school on the west coast closer to home.
ServiceJack88
Stand by portal is about to get crazy
SFAJack_76
Dez is in the portal.
Pilotgirl
March Sadness continues.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.