2023-2024 Ladyjack Basketball

41,585 Views | 471 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Have to say I'm not a fan of the pouting and the technicals. All the calls are not going to go our way. Players know this is part of the game. The constant complaining , mad face, pouting is Not a good look.
Certainly hope this is not going to become a fixture of Ladyjack basketball.

Swagger is one thing, Confidence is one thing, Aggressive play is one thing---Anger and complaining after every foul call should not be part of the game or in any way encouraged. Keeping one's temper in check is also something that can be controlled.
The refs were bad. Bishop got a warning from the worst of the three early in the game. He was more upset during much of the game than I have seen him before. I did not see complaining after every foul. Harden is much better at managing her emotions than she was early in the season. Tarleton players complained as much as ours did.

Zoe's tech was inexcusable.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It appears that Mimi Gatewood and Trinity Slocum are both victims of academics. I expected Mimi to be our primary PG this year. Maybe they both can use this as a redshirt year.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

It appears that Mimi Gatewood and Trinity Slocum are both victims of academics. I expected Mimi to be our primary PG this year. Maybe they both can use this as a redshirt year.

Both are needed for a high level team. Hopefully we get them back next season.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

They are both on the bench at home games, and seem to be engaged. One of them has had occasion to be too engaged, getting a warning from a ref. Hopefully they fully understand that going to class is a requirement.
nacluth
Rough loss for the Ladyjacks in the Valley. It's been an issue for 30 years. You can't overlook the South Texas travel game. It's always a trap.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Unfortunately the Ladyjacks are throwing out clunkers every few games. UTRGV tonight, CBU on the last road trip. UNT early in season. Something we are not used to seeing but I would expect that to get ironed out as Bishop continues to rebuild.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Rough loss for the Ladyjacks in the Valley. It's been an issue for 30 years. You can't overlook the South Texas travel game. It's always a trap.

Absolutely horrendous shooting in the 2nd half. When the Ladyjacks got behind at the start of the 4th, they started throwing up bricks. I think they were 0-16 in one stretch. On three consecutive trips down the floor they had airballs on three straight shots. I can't recall any college team do that before.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ladyjacks go down to UTA for the 2nd time this season. Disappointing home loss.
RedRiverLa
Sure wish AB hadn't left.
djsfw57
Ladyjacks looked ROUGH the first 3/4 of the game. They went into the 4th quarter down by 13, but came storming back to win by 6. Great comeback!!

SFA 89
ACU 83
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
What an amazing game yesterday against ACU! Excited to get back into attending games and should be in Nac the next couple of weekends to cheer on our Ladies!
Pilotgirl
Ladyjacks cruise to win over Seattle and punch their ticket to Las Vegas!
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Viva Las Vegas.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
Bishop has done a fantastic job in year 1.

Losing 4 huge pieces and reloading to get to this level is awesome.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Led by Harden, VanSickle and Finau the Ladyjacks drubbing Utah Valley 40-18 at the half.

Kyla Deck unavailable today according to Talking Sports...hopefully just today.
Pilotgirl
TMo is not dressed out; she is on the bench tho. Zoe still out.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yes, just noticed Zoe and Moore not playing either,
Sure hope some of them are ready next week for GCU!

VanSickle just hit her 5th 3 pointer of the game!!
65tosspowertrap
where is the crowd? watching on ESPN+ and the place looks practically empty
"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
BigJack85
65tosspowertrap said:

where is the crowd? watching on ESPN+ and the place looks practically empty

Disappointing considering this is a 20 win team.
TallTexan
Goodness gracious that was a murder.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Extremely disappointing "crowd". Sure hope folks turn out for CBU and GCU.
Pilotgirl
Enjoyed our first game back since we lost my mom last month. We will be back next Saturday for GCU. Would love to make CBU but gotta work
Ljacks&Longnecks
My sympathy PG on your loss. Thought you were pretty quiet for a time. Wish you well in healing process.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

My sympathy PG on your loss. Thought you were pretty quiet for a time. Wish you well in healing process.

Thank you, LL. It's been tough & still lots of things to do but finally getting back to things I enjoy. Yall haven't run me off yet!!
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Enjoyed our first game back since we lost my mom last month. We will be back next Saturday for GCU. Would love to make CBU but gotta work

Best to you! Prayers
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Thank you, LL. It's been tough & still lots of things to do but finally getting back to things I enjoy. Yall haven't run me off yet!!

My sympathies to you, Pilot. You've been missed here.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I was unable to watch the game today, but it sure is great to see that Mele Finau is playing great ball at just the right time. She has to be the biggest surprise of the season. Sad that this will be her only season here.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I was unable to watch the game today, but it sure is great to see that Mele Finau is playing great ball at just the right time. She has to be the biggest surprise of the season. Sad that this will be her only season here.

Thank you, Fanatic.

As far as Mele goes, boy is she a shooter!!! Her passes can drive me crazy but if she keeps raining 3's, I can overlook those crazy almost whole-court passes, with some weird bounce passes thrown in!

Also, can we talk about Avery?! She improves with wvery game...another personal best tonight (breaking the previous game) and she keeps upping the defensive pressure.
SFAXE93
We are all now seeing why VanSickle was such a highly rated player coming out of high school.

If she can maintain this level of perimeter shooting and what Finau is also bringing of late, this team could do some serious damage in the WAC Tourney.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Interesting story in today's Dallas Morning News about Mansfield Timberview's Chrishawn Coleman. She's the 5'8" point guard for Timberview, a 39-1 team that's ranked #1 in Texas and is in the UIL State Tournament this week. Interestingly, she has had only one scholarship offer, that from Morehead State.

I don't know why more schools haven't come calling for her. Under the radar, perhaps? Maybe the newspaper article will make that happen.

Anyway, the Ladyjacks could sure use a good steady PG for next year. Are you reading this, Ladyjack coaches??
nacluth
Rough start, but Ladyjacks responded better in the second. Down 7 to CBU at half.
TallTexan
Wow that was a blown timeout call.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Refs did a dirty number on SFA twice in the last minute giving CBU timeouts when they didn't even have possession of the ball---jump ball calls....

Terrible screw up

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.