2023-2024 Lumberjack Basketball

69,845 Views | 711 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BigJack85
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I have questions for you new folks on here who have suddenly showed up and are blasting Keller and the program...

Serious questions, and I'd like to get honest responses:

1) How many of you are members of the Sawmill6thMan Collective and have been putting your money where your mouths are since the collective was formed last year and have been making NIL donations to the program to support the players and the program (MBB and/or WBB)?

2) How many of you are Purple Lights Fund donors and (as an option) have designated your funds toward MBB and/or WBB?

3) How many of you have been season ticket holders for MBB and/or WBB in the last five years?

I await your honest responses.

I'm Delphi Forums committed.
SCH890
1. I haven't done anything with the sawmill collective fund since I joined recently.

2. I have donated plenty of money to Purple lights fund. Not just Mens and Womens Basketball. But I also can't dump my life savings into it since I am just recently graduated from Graduate school.

3. Well currently I live out of state for my full time. If I had a job in East Texas I would be a season ticket holder ASAP. If they ever played Oregon or Oregon State sign me up. Ill be cheering in my Purple and White loud and proud.

I am no means bashing on Keller. He has built a great program for the first 4 years that he was here. But sometimes your style of play needs changing if teams are figuring out how to abuse it.
jboy93
JHard said:

No-look said:

Last two years were injury laden. Especially last year. If AJ and Day Day hadn't been injured this year we would have a better record. We have talked about the injury thing already but it still was a factor

Comments like this (and not intentionally meaning to single you out) sums up the Keller era.

Excuses.

What ifs.

Why are we the only program with injuries and arguably bad luck?
Wagner just won a tournament game with 7 healthy players!!!
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

JHard said:

No-look said:

Last two years were injury laden. Especially last year. If AJ and Day Day hadn't been injured this year we would have a better record. We have talked about the injury thing already but it still was a factor

Comments like this (and not intentionally meaning to single you out) sums up the Keller era.

Excuses.

What ifs.

Why are we the only program with injuries and arguably bad luck?
Wagner just won a tournament game with 7 healthy players!!!

Ya but they brought in all those mercenaries for depth.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SCH890 said:

1. I haven't done anything with the sawmill collective fund since I joined recently.

2. I have donated plenty of money to Purple lights fund. Not just Mens and Womens Basketball. But I also can't dump my life savings into it since I am just recently graduated from Graduate school.

3. Well currently I live out of state for my full time. If I had a job in East Texas I would be a season ticket holder ASAP. If they ever played Oregon or Oregon State sign me up. Ill be cheering in my Purple and White loud and proud.

I am no means bashing on Keller. He has built a great program for the first 4 years that he was here. But sometimes your style of play needs changing if teams are figuring out how to abuse it.

Thanks for the response.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ServiceJack88 said:

1. No I am not.
2. Yes I am and yes I have
3. Been a season ticket holder for a long time. I show up to both MBB and WBB.

Thanks for the response.
JHard
There goes Christmas. He was one I was hoping would stay.

This sucks.
Jacks1989
Noooooooooooooo!
SCH890
Darn, I really liked Christmas. Best of luck to his next step in life.

Really now thinking it'll be a clean slate for us next year.
MasterAxe
I'm sure all these players leaving has nothing to do with culture or coaching and is a massive coincidence
No-look
JHard said:

There goes Christmas. He was one I was hoping would stay.

This sucks.
No!!!!
Puddingman69
Welp, that was fun. The fever dream of March is gone. Hope we get something but it's not looking great.
ljax1979
If Nana leaves than we know for certain that the house has burnt down.
ServiceJack88
ljax1979 said:

If Nana leaves than we know for certain that the house has burnt down.

Nana is staying
Jacks1989
88, who is staying? How many will be left? I figured Christmas was going to stay. Little do I know.
ServiceJack88
Jossell just entered the portal
Buckets
You really don't want the answer to this…
ServiceJack88
Buckets said:

100000% true
SCH890
ServiceJack88 said:

Jossell just entered the portal
Dang it. Apparently Hayman isn't confirmed to be in the Portal. But I bet it is likely he is gone.
TallTexan
I know NIL & transfer rules explain some of the roster uncertainty teams face.

But they absolutely do not explain as much turnover as we're seeing.
SCH890
TallTexan said:

I know NIL & transfer rules explain some of the roster uncertainty teams face.

But they absolutely do not explain as much turnover as we're seeing.
This. Sure I get playing minutes, NIL deals and other stuff but we don't see this much transfers out at once especially when some are our lead scorers.
No-look
Buckets said:

cringe
Jacks1989
I guess we are Depressed U.
ljax1979
What is Danny Kaspar up to these days?
jboy93
Just replace "Down goes Frazier" will any name on our team! Dang it!
jboy93
Just to be clear, where the heck is everyone seeing these names in the portal? I looked at 247Sports and it didn't have anyone listed from SFA?
SCH890
Twitter and Verbal Commits. A Much better site to track it all. 24/7 doesn't care about small schools as much so it hardly gets updated.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/stephen-f.-austin
sfajack05

Things are going well.
nacluth
Not disputing that the players shouldn't go find new teams, but I feel sad that besides Jossell, probably no one is making a "step up" in going to a more competitive team.
cboothe09
As of right now (According to Verbal Commits), this is what we have returning:
Russell Hyman (Walk On)
Myles Jenkins
Clayton Southwick
Juhlawnei Stone
Nana Antwi-Boasiako
Kimahri Wilson
Cade Walker (Walk On)
DaeVeon Scott (Walk On)
ServiceJack88
cboothe09 said:

As of right now (According to Verbal Commits), this is what we have returning:
Russell Hyman (Walk On)
Myles Jenkins
Clayton Southwick
Juhlawnei Stone
Nana Antwi-Boasiako
Kimahri Wilson
Cade Walker (Walk On)
DaeVeon Scott (Walk On)

Hyman?!?! A little outdated
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Not disputing that the players shouldn't go find new teams, but I feel sad that besides Jossell, probably no one is making a "step up" in going to a more competitive team.

Ya. This is the biggest point. The statistics don't lie. 70% of these guys will be lucky to get more than "role player" time at a D1 school that is competitive. All but Jossell will end up at a D2 or riding the bench with little chance to develop. It's short sighted and the big boys of college athletics love it.

A couple of the guys on the list (that haven't gone into the portal "yet") could help us. We still need a few JUCO studs or transfers that can shoot…. Trying to remain optimistic.
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Ya. This is the biggest point. The statistics don't lie. 70% of these guys will be lucky to get more than "role player" time at a D1 school that is competitive. All but Jossell will end up at a D2 or riding the bench with little chance to develop. It's short sighted and the big boys of college athletics love it.

A couple of the guys on the list (that haven't gone into the portal "yet") could help us. We still need a few JUCO studs or transfers that can shoot…. Trying to remain optimistic.
In other words: "These guys would rather ride the pine at a big school or play D2 than play for this program anymore."

Not exactly a glowing recommendation for our coach and program.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

That speaks volumes to me...
jboy93
nacluth said:

I agree so is this an indictment on our program? Solomon played very little at UTEP compared to what he played here. He played just 16 minutes the other night and averaged 18 minutes and 5 points for the year (25 minutes and 9 points last year at SFA). I thought he would do better than that? Jackson-Posey was willing to go to a bad New Mexico State team with about the same stat line? Tezeno actually had a better state line at Southern! Why can't we get our talent to stay because they are not going somewhere else to make the pros?!/!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.