2023-2024 Lumberjack Basketball

68,158 Views | 711 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by BigJack85
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Current expectation from the ISD's on November 6, is over 4,000. I hope so, but I'm skeptical of that many.
nacluth
That day is a school holiday for Nacogdoches ISD. Getting kids up there when they're out for the day is going to be a challenge, but I'll bring mine.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

Current expectation from the ISD's on November 6, is over 4,000. I hope so, but I'm skeptical of that many.
can anyone share some brief details about what the day consist of? Main purpose etc.
nacluth
Here's what my 6th grader got from school today. "Educational activities" is kind of nebulous, but sounds fun.

RedRiverLa
Update: taken, thanks. Speaking of the 11:30 game on the 6th. Does anyone want my two season tickets for the game. PM me with your email if interested.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Jacks1989
Season is almost here. Maybe this has been brought up but I noticed that 2 days after SFA played Furman last year that Myles Jenkins team Anderson University played Furman. Myles scored 27 points with 9 rebounds in that game. I am really looking forward to seeing this young man play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

Season is almost here. Maybe this has been brought up but I noticed that 2 days after SFA played Furman last year that Myles Jenkins team Anderson University played Furman. Myles scored 27 points with 9 rebounds in that game. I am really looking forward to seeing this young man play.

Amen, brother. As I said before, I think Jenkins is going to be the gem of the group of new guys.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Here's what my 6th grader got from school today. "Educational activities" is kind of nebulous, but sounds fun.

Only 45 minutes for "educational activities"???
Jacks1989
He might be the gem of the group but they brought in a load of talent from the Jucos. Southwick, Christmas and Wilson who are All studs. Plus they brought in Staine and Stone. It's going to be a fun year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's a good problem to have. Stay healthy, guys!
SFAXE93
No-look
With so many players that can contribute how do you manage playing time?
Jacks1989
Yeah. I'm hoping everyone is healthy going into the season. Any updates on how Nana is doing since the injury last year?
BigJack85
No-look said:

With so many players that can contribute how do you manage playing time?

Good question.
No-look
Single digits
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hope not, but that could challenge some egos.
Jacks1989
Any word if the Jacks are scrimmaging this weekend?
Pilotgirl
I heard through a grapevine that the morning games on 11/6 won't be televised. Hope it's not true but glad I know now instead of trying to tune in Monday morning!
No-look
No-look said:

Single digits
six sleeps
SFAJack_76
Jacks1989 said:

Any word if the Jacks are scrimmaging this weekend?
They did. It went well. No details.
No-look
"Went well" sounds positive.
Bigjacksfan
Do we know if it's the same 2 broadcasters from a majority of last years games? Anyone?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Bigjacksfan said:

Do we know if it's the same 2 broadcasters from a majority of last years games? Anyone?

Welcome to the Forums, Bigjacksfan!

I don't have a definitive answer, but I sure hope it's still Rob Myers. He's the absolute best in the business.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Bigjacksfan said:

I don't have a definitive answer, but I sure hope it's still Rob Myers. He's the absolute best in the business.

In retirement, Rob has continued to do the Coaches radio show, football, and MBB.
Txjack
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Bigjacksfan said:

I completely agree, I'd put Rob up against any college announcer out there.
SFAXE93
TalkingSports
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Bigjacksfan said:

As far as I know, Rob will still continue to do MBB for radio and it will still be myself (Play-by-Play) and "Buckets" (Color Analyst) for the ESPN Broadcast! This is my 3rd year calling for college basketball and 6th year total so I am here for any questions, comments, and constructive criticism. Can't wait for a great season for WBB and MBB!
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
No-look
Will replay be available on ESPN+? Wife is having a biopsy in the morning and says I have to be there. Something about priorities or something. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Will replay be available on ESPN+? Wife is having a biopsy in the morning and says I have to be there. Something about priorities or something. Lol

Ah, come on, No-look. You can do better than that! Just kidding. Prayers that the biopsy goes well and comes out clean.
SFA Jack Fanatic
At tonight's "Meet the Jacks" dinner, each Jacks player introduced himself and was asked what he likes most about Nacogdoches...

Juhlawnei Stone, transfer from California Baptist: "Gas prices"
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

At tonight's "Meet the Jacks" dinner, each Jacks player introduced himself and was asked what he likes most about Nacogdoches...

Stone and Staine, Utah Tech transfer, sat at our table. Seemed like high quality, humble young men. They were both blown away at the basketball facilities when they first visited. Stone said that he is amazed that he gets to go there every day. They both have girlfriends in California.

Over $40,000 was raised for WBB and MBB summer school. Ivey made a pitch for the NIL collective that has expanded from just MBB to all sports.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I wish Ivey would have said more about the collective, or given some mic time to Rocco. The gentlemen seated at my table knew nothing about it. There were probably plenty of others there who didn't either.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Lol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.