2023-2024 Lumberjack Basketball

68,072 Views | 711 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by BigJack85
Jacks1989
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like the Jacks chances to win a few games. 3 and 4 games in a row each day is a tough stretch. I can see the Jacks winning atleast 2 games. Then we will see
SFASawmillGuy
We win two games we will just need momentum to carry us through the next two. Absolutely need to stay healthy in this stretch.
nacluth
Drake ended up in second in the Missouri Valley for the regular season, but topped champ Indiana State to punch their ticket today. Still an amazing performance in the Caymans.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Drake ended up in second in the Missouri Valley for the regular season, but topped champ Indiana State to punch their ticket today. Still an amazing performance in the Caymans.

Ya. I was very stoked after that victory…. Still, closing out the season 3/4 was somewhat satisfying. Somewhat….
No-look
Didn't Utah State win their conference?
Jacks1989
Yes. 1st place

Utah St. 26-5 overall. 14-4 conference.
nacluth
They did but they are ranked fifth in NET rankings in the Mountain West and aren't necessarily favored for the tournament championship, but they are a lock for the NCAA's.
Jacks1989
Mountain West is a really good conference. Hopefully next year we can get some of there better teams on the schedule. Boise, Nevada, New Mexico. We played Both Utah State and Wyoming this year.
Rev007
We should beat Abilene Christian with the return of AJ. Even though he is not shooting well, the team plays better with him running the point. He's also excellent at getting timely steals. Maybe Nana will have more confidence after his 30 point game. He's a streaky shooter with his line drive shot.
nacluth
The biggest bummer is that all Lumberjacks games next week for as many as they have will all start at 10:30pm. I try to pretend I'm not fully in middle age, but the WAC is calling my bluff.
Rev007
I will be in my second or third dream by 10:30pm.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

That was an other-worldly performance by the Jacks. Everything they threw up went in. The type of performance that so often we've seen other teams have against us.
Rev007
Did anyone notice that Keller seems to be trusting Stone with more minutes? Usually when he pulls Stone out of the game, he has some choice words for him. In this last game, Keller gave Stone five when he exited.
Rev007
Not sure why Jenkins didn't get included in the rotation. Is he missing defensive assignments, or is it injury related?
Jacks1989
Frank!

SFA Jack Fanatic
This really surprises me. He had sparks of being very good, but....

Happy for him.
No-look
Not even an honorable mention. Lol
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

Not even an honorable mention. Lol

Now I hope we go on a run, win the tourney, and get an upset in March Madness as, what I'm expect at best to be, a 15 seed.
RichieVan
Try east coast time. UGH!
TallTexan
RichieVan said:

Try east coast time. UGH!

We've contemplated moving out of Texas in the future and while there are East Coast destinations we enjoy, trying to watch anything in that time zone kicks rocks.

Worst time zone for sports by far.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Not surprised. Still , disappointed.
No-look
Wishing him the best!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Word is that SFA MBB won't be accepting any postseason invitation.

(Sorry if this had alreay been stated elsewhere.)
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Word is that SFA MBB won't be accepting any postseason invitation.

(Sorry if this had alreay been stated elsewhere.)
probably best at this point
ljax1979
I miss not hearing our name on the Bracket Selection Show.

I am convinced that if the '19-'20 season would not have been cancelled that Keller would have moved up to another job. At that point he would have had two NCAA tournaments in four years.

Transfer portal will be fascinating, Jossell's phone has to be buzzing a ton right now.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ljax1979 said:

I miss not hearing our name on the Bracket Selection Show.

I am convinced that if the '19-'20 season would not have been cancelled that Keller would have moved up to another job. At that point he would have had two NCAA tournaments in four years.

Transfer portal will be fascinating, Jossell's phone has to be buzzing a ton right now.

Only if Jossell has entered the portal. Illegal for other schools to contact him if he hasn't.
ljax1979
If you don't think that high level D1 programs have reached out to Jossell in some fashion, then I don't think you realize the landscape of college athletics at this point.
No-look
Y'all shut up about Jossell entering the portal. We're not having it.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Y'all shut up about Jossell entering the portal. We're not having it.

Agreed…. Keep him in Nacogdoches
MasterAxe
I have no idea how accurate this is, but, according to 24/7, not one SFA player is in the portal.

https://247sports.com/season/2024-basketball/transferportal/?institutionkey=24239
SCH890
I wouldn't trust 247 Sports. I would use VerbalCommits.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/stephen-f.-austin
SCH890
Looks like Hayman is transferring out at least according to WACHoops and Derek Murray.

I guess start to prepare the hurt and pain of who will leave sooner rather than later.
No-look
Wow! Hate that he's leaving. Wish him the best
MasterAxe
Frank Staine on Twitter/X:

"Nacogdoches and Lumberjack Nation, It was an honor. Free the whole gang."

Last part does not sound good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.