2023-2024 Lumberjack Basketball

61,836 Views | 678 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alright, Alright, Alright! He, along with Latrell, were the two that I was really disappointed hearing about when I thought they were leaving. This guy can leap out of the gym! Hope he is coached and encouraged to drive into the lane more and take advantage of that leaping ability.

And development of a nice mid-range jumper off those drives would be nice, too. Am I asking for too much??
SCH890
Rev007 said:

Hopefully Christmas can add a consistent jump shot. His defense and rebounding are good.

I don't see a Kensmil comparison. Kensmil played a different position and had a sizably larger frame.
I see it a bit in the way he bullies to the basket. If we can execute on that we should be great. Hes already a great rebounder.
Jacks1989
Great news that Christmas will be back. Two big gets on getting Hayman and Christmas back. Feeling a lot better about next year. Need to land a shooter and a point.

Is it to much to hope that either Jossell or Jalil might come back?
No-look
How many spots to fill?
Jacks1989
Not sure on status of Scott and Stansbury? Walk-ons?

Scholarship players we have 5 as of now. Can add atleast another 5 or 6 players depending on Scott and Stansburys status.

Scholarship players.
Nana
Southwick
Stone
Hayman
Christmas

SCH890
Jacks1989 said:

Scholarship players we have 5 as of now. Can add atleast another 5 or 6 players depending on Scott and Stansburys status.

Scholarship players.
Nana
Southwick
Stone
Hayman
Christmas

I normally would disregard the walk ons until they show up later since they aren't a scholarship spot. Until Coach nominates it.

So far at least have 7 spot open. (Not including walk ons who get a scholarship)
SFASawmillGuy
JHard said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Yep. Good for him, and it lowers my anxiety about whose going to be our #1 PG.

Me, too. With all due respect to him, he simply was not a #1 level PG.
For the record, Wilson had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team.

He wasn't the player AJ was, and yeah wasn't as good of a scorer. But I seem to remember us having pretty good teams led my PGs that couldn't shoot better than me.

Trey Pikney was probably the best point guard in all of college basketball when it came to seeing the court and setting up winning plays, but couldn't shoot to save his life. I remember WRJ exploding when he nailed a 3 once.
BigJack85
SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

Scholarship players.
Nana
Southwick
Stone
Hayman
Christmas

I normally would disregard the walk ons until they show up later since they aren't a scholarship spot. Until Coach nominates it.

So far at least have 7 spot open. (Not including walk ons who get a scholarship)

Haven't seen much of the walk ins. A couple of games ?? I recall seeing Ethan Mayes, maybe against SUU.

Daveon Scott against GCU. Neither one had enough time to show much.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SCH890
BigJack85 said:

SCH890 said:

Jacks1989 said:

Scholarship players.
Nana
Southwick
Stone
Hayman
Christmas

Haven't seen much of the walk ins. A couple of games ?? I recall seeing Ethan Mayes, maybe against SUU.

Daveon Scott against GCU. Neither one had enough time to show much.
Typically, how it goes with Walk-ins. The last resort, as some coaches call them.
No-look
I don't know if Scott is a walk on or not but he usually scores when given a chance.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
No-look
Any one know if there are players that we are looking at hard?
SFAXE93
So these I guess are the returning players

F:#22 NANA ANTWI-BOASIAKO 6-9 (SR.)
F:#23 CLAYTON SOUTHWICK 6-8 (JR.)
F:#32 JUHLAWNEI STONE 6-6 (JR.)
G/F:#11 CHRISHAWN CHRISTMAS 6-5 (SO.)
G:#1 MATT HAYMAN 6-5 (SR.)
G:#2 DAEVEON SCOTT 6-3 (R/FR.)
G:#14 LUKE STANSBURY 6-2 (FR.)
G:#3 ETHAN MAYES 6-0 (JR.)
G:#12 JAXSON SHELDON 5-11 (FR.)

Offers to these players, along with everyone else...

G: Jamil Muttilib 6-6 Houston, Texas (Cypress Ridge/Kilgore College) Offered
F: Jeff Nwankwo 6-6 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Putnam City North/Cowley College) Offered
G: Josiah Lawson 6-6 Tucker, Georgia (Tucker) *** Offered
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
So it looks like we have 5 scholarship players on the roster. Never heard if Scott got offered one. So we have 8 spots open. That's a lot of filling to work with.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.