2023-2024 Lumberjack Basketball

67,620 Views | 711 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by BigJack85
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boy, the off season conversations sure have changed since the portal and NIL were introduced. I almost don't recognize the sport anymore. I'm starting to lose interest thanks to this new world order. It's gone from talking about a kid needing to work in the gym on his shot in the offseason to where will his current talent get the best payday.
djsfw57
RedRiverLa said:

Boy, the off season conversations sure have changed since the portal and NIL were introduced. I almost don't recognize the sport anymore. I'm starting to lose interest thanks to this new world order. It's gone from talking about a kid needing to work in the gym on his shot in the offseason to where will his current talent get the best payday.
I'm with you. All this is destroying college athletics. I was thinking yesterday how sad it is that kids no longer go to a school because they WANT to go to that school - they go to the school that will pay them the most money. Hard to build an enthusiastic alumni base that way.
SFA, Class of 1979
No-look
RedRiverLa said:

. Not all change is bad but it seems I'm stuck in yesterday about a lot of things. Common sense is MIA. If anyone sees him tell him to come home.
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

RedRiverLa said:

. Not all change is bad but it seems I'm stuck in yesterday about a lot of things. Common sense is MIA. If anyone sees him tell him to come home.

Lol, That's true. I'm afraid more and more I approach this modern day effort with growing nostalgia.
Jacks1989
SFAXE93
Imagine him in a prison tech uniform.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
Jacks1989 said:

If y'all think half these schools are paying more in NIL than we did, you're kidding yourselves.
No-look
GCU has some deep pockets
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Jacks1989 said:

If y'all think half these schools are paying more in NIL than we did, you're kidding yourselves.

So, you're saying, "it's not all about money" ?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Only UNT could be considered a step up. Other places may pay more money, but surprised he couldn't generate some P5 interest for a bench shooter.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Jacks1989 said:

Yup.

There is some money involved with teams above a certain level. But I've been doing some backend NIL research and even with the Caitlin Clarks, P5 mens teams, etc, the averages aren't as high as everyone thinks for the data we have from NIL marketplaces and some collectives.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Jacks1989 said:

Yup.

There is some money involved with teams above a certain level. But I've been doing some backend NIL research and even with the Caitlin Clarks, P5 mens teams, etc, the averages aren't as high as everyone thinks for the data we have from NIL marketplaces and some collectives.

Good to know.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.