2018 Basketball Offers

260,442 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Very well done sfa17! I'm glad we have someone that can do these better than I can. Any time you tweet one just tag the LFJ and Sawmill accounts just in case we miss them. Keep them coming!
sfa17
Thanks. Okay i will tag LFJ and The Sawmill in future posts
No-look
Looks like Miller Kopp has narrowed it down to five schools he's considering. SFA wasn't on the list.
sfa17
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/miller-kopp-sees-five-schools-stand-out

kstate, WSU, Houston, Vandy, Northwester but i don't think that's an official final list just the schools that standout. But i wouldnt hold my breath. Once the big boys came in it was very unlikely. Same thing probably goes for Kaden Archie. i just hope they go somewhere they get playing time and their talent is not wasted. Kopp is now a rivals 3 star wasnt rated a month ago.

But think we still have a good chance with Mitchell seraille who is under the radar so far as a 4 star player. Plus Jock huges , Noah Thomas and everyone else.
sfa17

#4 Kaden Archie ,#15 Nigel Hawkins ,#16 miller kopp
#24 Feron Hunt ,#26 Antonie Davis,#28 Isaac likekele
# 32 Mitchell Seraille ,#36 David Nzeweki #38 Jock Hughes, #60 Noah Thomas
The TexasHoopsGaso ranking is quite similar to Texas top 100 ranking release a month ago.

sfa17

PurpleOut
Staff
Nigel Hawkins and Jock Hughes on campus today.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Fingers crossed that we can land a couple of the guys visiting this summer.
sfa17
UList of SFA visits and Texas Hoops Ranking
Nigel Hawkins #15 G
Vincent lee #22 PF
Feron Hunt #24 PF
Isaac LIkekele #28 G (June 17th)
Chris Mullins #33 G
Elijah Parquet #35 G
Jock Hughes #38 G
Noah Thomas #60 G

Texas is such a big state with so much talent that if we cant place ourselves as the best mid major program in the state we could be really really good and get some top Texas talent. We could get some of these players to stay at home.

Hopefully we get our first commit soon. Cameron Mack commit in June last year
No-look
We should be back in the big dance this year(hopefully). Success will be a good recruiting tool. Be nice to pick up some wins on CBS.
No-look
Saw where Seraille and Hughes was offered by Robert Morris.
PurpleOut
Staff
Another big offer out to DJ Stewart from Mississippi. 4* SF with offers from Ole Miss, Bama, Miss State, Illinois and others. Was on campus yesterday.

http://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Stewart-81944

cboothe09
Sounds like he is Miss State's to lose. Maybe Desmond has an in with him and how we got we got into this fray.
TallTexan
I just like that we get mentioned along with bigger schools.

That being said, to me it's a no brainer. Who goes to a bigger name school simply to play 4 years in the NIT?
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Another big offer out to DJ Stewart from Mississippi. 4* SF with offers from Ole Miss, Bama, Miss State, Illinois and others. Was on campus yesterday.

And looks like our former friend up at Illinois is one of the dogs that's barking up our tree..... In this case, "the enemy of our enemy is our enemy".
sfa17
He (D.J Stewart) said in a interview he wants to go somewhere he can play right away.he would at SFA. Look at Kevon Harris, he avg 8.5 pts and 22 minutes as a freshmen . He could have gone to ole miss but wouldnt have gotten the same exposure and 8.5 ppg is really good when u consider that our top scorer Tj average 11.7

DJ Stewart's mixtape is sick

No-look
Dang, he can score!
PurpleOut
Staff
Likekele (as mentioned) is in town this weekend. Would be a huge get and start to next years class.
sfa17
I think the Keller and coaching staff is very high on Isaac. Looking at keller's twitter activity, He has liked several of isaac's tweets in the past fewmonths. He Hasnt liked any other recruits tweets. Babara Keller (I'm assuming that keller's mother) has been also Doing the same thing for a while.

In past two weeks Isaac has gotten an offer rom St. Louis and Fresno State. He trending upwards
No-look
Wonder how the visit went?
sfa17
Wichita state land 2018 6'6 Sf Rodgerick brown (4 star) . Miller kopp less likely to end up Wichita now. I personally thought they were the heavy favorites. They had miller visit months before we even offered. Almost a year ago. A&M could be favorites now(just personal opinion) Wichita also offered SF kaden Archie and SF Feron hunt

This a clear example of not sitting on a offer too long. There is always someone next. Sit on a good offer waiting for a better school Is smart but also risky

Edit: rodgerick may reclassify to class of 2017 and that could probably change the whole scenario.
sfa17
another visit . 2018 SG Marco Pena visited campus #58 in Texas top 100

Cox also visit him at home last month

look at those banners
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

another visit . 2018 SG Marco Pena visited campus #58 in Texas top 100

Cox also visit him at home last month

look at those banners
Alamo City Hoops says that he may be the best shooter in South Texas.
sfa17
He could be ??
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/660660?referrer_id=

He probably would have more exposure but is aau team has been really bad. but he is playing well individually.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
Speaking of Austin Westlake, we should call on his teammate Will Baker too. He'd be a great center for us.
TallTexan
Just found his Rivals page. Looks like he's a 4 star with offers all over the board. Great kid though.
sfa17
I think we have yet to offer a Center. A good D1 center seems hard to come by for a mid major program like ours.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah Baker is really good, but a big time national prospect now.
PurpleOut
Staff
Staff is working hard this summer!

sfa17
I think this is his second visit. Remember posting on here that he visited for the Sam game.

sfa17 said:

David Nzekewesi 6'8 pf, visted campus for Sam game

Tweet from 3/4/17 (1st visit)

PurpleOut
Staff
All of the summer visits are unofficial visits, meaning they are coming in on their own dime.
sfa17
4 star PF Mitchell Seraille on campus tomorrow

PurpleOut
Staff
I got a good feeling about him.
sfa17
We should be clear front runners. His other offers are Robert Morris , UTSA ( decommited from them), New Orleans, and UIW. Really shouldn't be a competion unless some big schools come in late.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.