2018 Basketball Offers

262,087 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfa17 said:

edstile said:

No-look said:

TJ Washington would be a nice addition. Need help,in pg position to replace Canete. We're down to two pg's and an injury would put us in a bind.
What info do you have on him, No-look?
Tj was named on Njcaa first team. His team has won 2 conference titles in the last year's. 6 feet tall, Avg: 14.1 points, 30 percent from three, 82 percent from Ft. We are going to need a pg that can score. Augustine and comeux aren't currently offensive threats. Have to replace canete.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/8566961/TJ-Washington
Keller offered him for a reason and I trust that, but don't see that scoring is it. Shot 39.2% from the field and 30.5% on threes. Excellent free throw shooter and got to the line for about seven shots per game. Mediocre assist to turnover ratio of 1.2. I want my point guards to take care of the ball and run the offense.

Augustin against, largely, D1 competition shot 40.2% overall and 36.7% on threes. Comeaux shot 46.7% overall and a very poor 17.9% on threes. Both are poor, 60% +, free throw shooters. Both had better than 2:1 assist to turnover ratio.

Canete shot 44% overall, 42% threes, and 79% from the free throw line. Assist to turnover ratio of about 1.1. This guy has not shown that he can replace Canete's production.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

Canete shot 44% overall, 42% threes, and 79% from the free throw line. Assist to turnover ratio of about 1.1. This guy has not shown that he can replace Canete's production.
Man Ivan really started to come into his own at the end. Especially when tournament time rolled around. I wish we would've gotten 1 more year with him.
sfa17
Replacing Canete might be a bit of a long stretch. yeah the # arent too impressive but he is the only PG offer we currently have out. Unless we have a secret offer somewhere else. Maybe they see something we dont see in the # or have another offer down their sleeves. It is good to have a recruit B if recruit A doesnt work out
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

Replacing Canete might be a bit of a long stretch. yeah the # arent too impressive but he is the only PG offer we currently have out. Unless we have a secret offer somewhere else. Maybe they see something we dont see in the # or have another offer down their sleeves. It is good to have a recruit B if recruit A doesnt work out
Although I worried about his effort sometimes, Canete will be tougher to replace than we realize. He played a heck of a game in Dallas & his size will be hard to replace at the PG position. Him at PG let us run with a larger lineup on the floor.

I think Comeaux & Augustin's shooting will improve this offseason, but I'd also like to have a 3rd.

sfa17
Juco Recruiting Top 100

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings

Tj is #69 #6 PG
Bogues was top 30 on this list last year
No-look
Impressive. # 6 juco in nation. Wonder about his defensive play?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Impressive. # 6 juco in nation. Wonder about his defensive play?
He must be pretty darned good at running an offense, since his offensive stats are not that great. But let's wait to see if we even get him before putting the cart before the horse.
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think we were after David Nzekwesi very hard, but offered him a while back. Committed to Denver.

sfa17
David visited twice. I think I was one of the situation in which the player waited too long. Recruiting works both way. A offers isn't forever. Unless you are a top recruit don't wait until April to commit to offers from last June. He had about 10 offers and Denver wasn't one on the list.
sfa17

4 star recruit, top 150 , top 10 in Texas
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

I'm assuming he'd be available immediately?
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

sfa17 said:

I'm assuming he'd be available immediately?
Yeah, would be a normal incoming freshmen. Similar to the Brandon Averette situation when he signed with us, then got his release.
sfa17
He will not be easy to get. It is late in the year and there are not many top recruits who are eligible right away with 4 years left. The big boys are already fighting over grad transfer with 1 year. Our best shot is to be first
sfa17

Like, retweet, comment
Jacks4460
sfa17 said:

Like, retweet, comment

Why does the back ground look so blurry?
Jacks4460
Thats Kevon's body with Isaac head.. Thanks for making these edits tho... Its cool to see them and kids(recruits)love them... Look at UT's edits they must use different software and such...It is an art tho I realize..
No-look
Shouldn't recruits be making decisions soon? Just wondering how many spots we will have and who we are after.
sfa17
no problem. the blur is on purpose. Yeah i think i UT has students with graphic design background. I've never taken a computer course. Just using Photoshop on home computer. So i keep it simple. yeah, that kevon's body : )
sfa17
This could mean nothing but likekele didn't "like" the edit. It usually gets a retweet or just a like by the player (first time completely ignored). But, He has been liking utep, smu and uh posts about him.
Jacks4460
sfa17 said:

This could mean nothing but likekele didn't "like" the edit. It usually gets a retweet or just a like by the player (first time completely ignored). But, He has been liking utep, smu and uh posts about him.
maybe he knows something we dont know and Coach may not want him.. Utep,smu,and uh probally have their ath dept intern designing edits and such.. its pretty cool how you do it tho.. keep on messing with it and you will get better.. I like it dude... maybe Isaac didnt like it because he knew his head was chopped off and put on someone else's body.. LOL... Keep at it!!
jboy93
Heard Jackson Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes little brother) out of Whitehouse is coming to SFA. 6'6'' All-region player. Not near the athlete his brother is but seems to be a solid performer. It was mentioned on KLTV Tyler news last night.
sfa17
jboy93 said:

Heard Jackson Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes little brother) out of Whitehouse is coming to SFA. 6'6'' All-region player. Not near the athlete his brother is but seems to be a solid performer. It was mentioned on KLTV Tyler news last night.
do you know if it is a scholarship position ?
PurpleOut
Staff
Has to be a walk-on if anything, found this article from February that said he was coming to SFA but doesn't think he would play basketball.

http://etsn.fm/jackson-mahomes-is-creating-his-own-legacy-with-whitehouse-basketball/

SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

jboy93 said:

do you know if it is a scholarship position ?
Good story about him. Confident if he plays, it will be as a walk on.

http://etsn.fm/jackson-mahomes-is-creating-his-own-legacy-with-whitehouse-basketball/
No-look
Nice resume!
sfa17
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/spring-signing-period-predicting-the-remaining-rivals150

Buzz: Formerly signed with Fresno State, Likekele was just given his release on Monday. Rodney Terry is trying to get the Rivals150 guard to follow him from Fresno to UTEP but Big 12, SEC and Big Ten programs aren't likely to pass on Likekele a second time.

Predictions: Texas Tech (Bossi)
jboy93
KLTV sports did report wrong...Mahomes coming to SFA but not for basketball.
No-look
sfa17 said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/spring-signing-period-predicting-the-remaining-rivals150

Buzz: Formerly signed with Fresno State, Likekele was just given his release on Monday. Rodney Terry is trying to get the Rivals150 guard to follow him from Fresno to UTEP but Big 12, SEC and Big Ten programs aren't likely to pass on Likekele a second time.

Predictions: Texas Tech (Bossi)
Be nice to have him at SFA but probably a long shot. But who knows. We're we on his final list before?
sfa17
yeah we were on his final list and he also visited. I agree it is a long shot now.
PurpleForever

I REALLY REALLY hope this has to do with recruiting.
No-look
WHAT????? Tell me more!
nacluth
Killing us Wade...

Is it just me or has he already pulled the tweet?
No-look
Somone say something.....
No-look
nacluth said:

Killing us Wade...

Is it just me or has he already pulled the tweet?
Tweet still there.
PurpleForever
I hate to set myself up for disappointment, but what else or whoelse could he be talking about than you know who?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.