2018 Basketball Offers

262,023 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
beaubrad46
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's still some interesting grad transfers out there. One guard from North Dakota just popped up on the list.
TallTexan
Yep, plays both guard positions, 6'4. Looks like a perfect fit to replace Canete.
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

There's still some interesting grad transfers out there. One guard from North Dakota just popped up on the list.
That would never work out. It would take him until the end of March for his body to thaw out.
TallTexan
Or we could just make him run a few laps outside, that oughta thaw him in less than an hour.
beaubrad46
I gets just as cold in Serbia and Finland fellows. It's hard to rule anyone out at this point.
TallTexan
Anybody know how long it took to thaw out Captain America?

We can use that as a baseline.
beaubrad46
Cryonics doesn't work on humans.
Jon
NCAA Eases Rules on Athlete Transfers

By RALPH D. RUSSO

(AP) -- College athletes will no longer need permission from their coach or school to transfer and receive financial aid from another school.

The NCAA Division I Council approved the change Wednesday. It takes effect Oct. 15.
The long-awaited transfer reform ended up being a narrow change, but should provide more freedom for athletes to transfer when and where they want.

Under the new rule, athletes would be permitted to be contacted when they notify their current coaches, who have two days to enter the names into a database created and managed by the NCAA that will alert schools who can be recruited. The change will come with stricter tampering rules to help appease coaches who worry illegal recruiting could rise.

-0- Jun/13/2018 16:51 GMT

--- Thought some of you may find this interesting, for better or worse ---
- Jon Godeaux
TallTexan
beaubrad46 said:

Cryonics doesn't work on humans.

Gru is a super soldier 7 footer, not a regular being.
TallTexan
That's interesting. I think it'll be good for the student athletes.
beaubrad46
Gru is very human. I love the guy and hope the best for him. Don't forget about Samuli.
TallTexan
I think you'll be surprised this year. Look at the similarities.

Captain America: Gets super human strength, but supports the team & entertains the crowd the first few years. Then, comes through & carries the team to a championship when he is needed.

Gru: Gets super human height, supports the team & is a fan favorite his first few years. Now, he's ready for his big year as Captain Lumberjack.
beaubrad46
I'm all for that but Captain America is fiction. Gru is not. Gru will do all that he can to help and I am hopeful that he will be much improved. He was far better last year than the year before.
Jacks4460
beaubrad46 said:

I'm all for that but Captain America is fiction. Gru is not. Gru will do all that he can to help and I am hopeful that he will be much improved. He was far better last year than the year before.
If Gru could give us 12 good minutes that means TJ and Fitzgerald can take a little break...and we wont see a drop off in play..
SFAXE93
Davis commits to Detroit.
No-look
Anyone know if we're still interested in filling the last spot for this year?
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Davis commits to Detroit.
Both of them. For some reason it took a number of days to announce Davis as the new coach. Perhaps a day later, his son decommitted from TSU (after decommitting from UH) to commit to Detroit.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Anyone know if we're still interested in filling the last spot for this year?
I am not a fan of another one and done grad transfer, but prefer that over letting the scholarship go unused or giving it to a walk-on that has not played at all.

Sure would be nice to get something from someone on this. In this day and age, it has been way too quiet.
SFAJack_76
There are still quality guys available. Trusting Keller and team know who they are.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/saddiq-bey-villanova-lands-late-commitment-from-four-star-prospect/
beaubrad46
They could be waiting to see if a certain player becomes eligible. I've seen that in the past.
No-look
Still wondering if we are trying to fill that last spot for this year?
PurpleOut
Staff
They are.
PurpleForever
Spoke with a family member of Antoine Davis and he is planning on going to Detroit Mercy with his dad. He would have been a great last second get at this point. His dad wanted him to go somewhere better but eventually Antoine convinced him to let him play for him.
sfa17
PurpleOut
Staff
Check out his hudl tape:
nacluth
Nice. Looks like he's got some space here to develop. Love our depth.
No-look
Sweet!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I agree. Sweet! Just based on the one video clip, he seems to be a well-rounded player - handles the ball well, shoots well from outside, drives to the rim... Coach K and staff may have found an overlooked diamond in the rough.

We've got three excellent freshmen coming in now. My excitement radar about the coming season (and the next few years) just pegged out again!
SFA Jack Fanatic

Played on a Class 2-A team, so he flew under the radar. Made Second Team All-State. Averaged 19.2 ppg.
SFAXE93
PERSONAL STATEMENT

"My name is Oddyst Walker. I am a 6'3 combo guard out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am a leader and I give 100% effort every single time I step on the court. I am very coach able, and I have a high motor. My work ethic is insane, because I want to become the best. My goal is to bring my team a state championship and play at the next level. What makes me different from the other recruits is my work ethic and my ability to make my teammates better. I have a feel for the game, I am a good off the ball defender, and i have a great attitude."
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
https://www.prephoops.com/2017/06/recruiting-report-oddyst-walker-2018/

One SLC Court he has already won on

No-look
SFAXE93 said:

PERSONAL STATEMENT

"My name is Oddyst Walker. I am a 6'3 combo guard out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am a leader and I give 100% effort every single time I step on the court. I am very coach able, and I have a high motor. My work ethic is insane, because I want to become the best. My goal is to bring my team a state championship and play at the next level. What makes me different from the other recruits is my work ethic and my ability to make my teammates better. I have a feel for the game, I am a good off the ball defender, and i have a great attitude."
Sounds like he has his head right. Could develop into a good one! Didn't Walkup only have one D1 offer?
SFAXE93
Yes, and that was SFA.

Thomas Walkup 6-4; 195 Deer Park, Texas CLASS of 2011 ** #152 SG; #70 State (Texas) <247sports>
TallTexan
Dylan Osetowski, who now plays for UT only had an offer to Tulane. There are some big time players out there who fly under the radar.
beaubrad46
Are we sure that Oddyst Walker's not a walk on?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.