2018 Basketball Offers

262,008 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beaubrad46 said:

Are we sure that Oddyst Walker's not a walk on?
I have not heard either way. I assumed scholly since we have one open.
nacluth
He said in his Twitter post that he was given a full ride.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
beaubrad46
Hmmm! The thing about Walkup is that people were afraid to sign him because of his injury history. Everyone knew that he could play if healthy. I guess we'll just trust the coaches on this one. This kid was way under the radar. I wish him the best because he is part of the family now.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

He said in his Twitter post that he was given a full ride.
This is why we pay you the big bucks. You always know the important answers Nacluth.
SFAXE93
Yep, I believe this is our team

C: #32 Jovan Grujic 7-0; 230 (Sr.)
F: #20 Davonte Fitzgerald 6-8; 220 (Sr.) *** #29 SF; #167 Nation; #6 State (GA)
F: #22 T.J. Holyfield 6-8; 220 (Sr.)
F: #24 Samuli Nieminen 6-7; 215 (Jr.)
F: #00 Mitchell Seraille 6-7; 200 (Fr.) **** #10 PF; #195 Nation; #14 State (TX) (ESPN)
F: #1 Kevon Harris 6-6; 225 (Jr.)
F: #23 Nathan Bain 6-6; 200 (Jr.) ***
G: #00 Jock Hughes 6-4; 175 (Fr.) ** #29 Player in Texas
G: #20 Harrison Perkins 6-4; 200 (So.)
G: #00 Oddyst Walker 6-3; 180 (Fr.)
G: #5 Shannon Bogues 6-2; 185 (Sr.) JUCO All-American *** #27 Nation; #10 State
G: #15 Rance Cole 6-0; 175 (So.)
G: #0 Aaron Augustin 5-11; 185 (Jr.) *** #37 G; #14 State (GA)
G: #10 John Comeaux 5-11; 185 (Jr.)

In practice and workout
F: #00 Karl Nicholas 6-9; 215 (So.) #17 Best Prospect out of Texas

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
If that front court can play to their potential, they can turn one of our weaknesses into one of our strengths.

So excited.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
beaubrad46
Who was it that labeled Karl Nicholas the best product of Texas? I haven't seen that one.I like Nicholas but that is a bit of a stretch Lumberjack fans.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

In practice and workout
F: #00 Karl Nicholas 6-9; 215 (So.) #17 Best Prospect out of Texas
Don't underestimate how much a good redshirt can aid a team in practice. Texas constantly talks about how Dylan O & Jarrett Allen would battle in practice to try to outwork each other. And as a redshirt/transfer, he'll have freshlegs after games, so our guys will have to work even harder against him.

This could be great.
beaubrad46
Are you saying that he is our best recruit out of TexasTallTexan. I think that he is a good prospect but no recruiting site says that he is the best Texas recruit. I'm not discounting what his contributions might be. I hope that his career proves that the recruiting sites were wrong but it can never change what they said. Let's just let them play basketball. The proof is in the pudding. Recruiting sites are often wrong.
tangerito
Don't know about you guys but I'm ready to see what this group can do.....Axem
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

Are we sure that Oddyst Walker's not a walk on?
Not sure, but I don't think Coach K would have tweeted "Who's Next" for a walk-on.
nacluth
beaubrad46 said:

Who was it that labeled Karl Nicholas the best product of Texas? I haven't seen that one.I like Nicholas but that is a bit of a stretch Lumberjack fans.
It said #17 best prospect out of Texas. Don't know how much the word "prep" modifies that statement, but this is from Montana's website.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
beaubrad46
But how could we have a "whose next" for 2018 if he is our thirteenth scholarship player? Walk on Rance Cole came from a slightly larger school and had even better numbers. That kid was getting a few D2 offers and only one other D1 interest. I guess they won't officially announce it until he has officially signed. I would assume we will here more then. Maybe he was having a really good AAU season.
beaubrad46
Nacluth, he was the seventeenth rated player from the Houston area. He was the 61st rated recruit in the state. I just looked it up. Montana was embellishing. Go back and look at Rivals list for his senior season. I'll see if I can't bring it up. https://texashoops.rivals.com/news/rankings-class-of-2017
nacluth
I don't disagree with you nor do I worry about these rankings. You had just asked where that was stated and I was providing the answer.
cboothe09
Looks like a good catch to me even though he played at a smaller school. Very explosive player. Plays like a raw version of Shannon. Develop his shooting ability and he will be a great asset.
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

Maybe he was having a really good AAU season.
That's what I'm thinking, too. I trust Coach K and his staff on this one. They wouldn't give a young man a D-1 scholarship just to fill a roster hole.
No-look
Our coaches didn't just pull his name out of a hat. Lol. From the video he looks very athletic with a high motor. Looks like he has the ability to become a very good player. This could be a steal!
beaubrad46
Remember those aren't D1 players he's playing against. They are 2A High school players. Did he transfer to a prep school? I am anxious to see what he can do in practice against our other players. Keller is a good recruiter. I'm going to trust him on this one. I wonder if Desmond or Mason discovered him.
No-look
beaubrad46 said:

Remember those aren't D1 players he's playing against. They are 2A High school players. Did he transfer to a prep school? I am anxious to see what he can do in practice against our other players. Keller is a good recruiter. I'm going to trust him on this one. I wonder if Desmond or Mason discovered him.
Prep school I think? Probably played AAU also. They had to see him somewhere other than high school ?
cboothe09
True, but SFA has done well in the past hitting in these small school diamonds. I trust the staff did their homework. Might be a big reason why they waited so long to offer was seeing how he performed during the summer against better competition
beaubrad46
Some time if you have to invest with speculation. It's said and done so let's wish for the best.
SFAJack_76
tangerito
Obviously some coach's were still after him. Also, I think Desmond was the coach who recruited him as he and Keller are the only coach's following his twitter feed.
beaubrad46
Well, I'm not so sure that his tweet means that other schools are after him. Fans, family, friends and often AAU coaches encourage their stars to sign with high profile schools.
tangerito
High Profile like SFA ! Axem
beaubrad46
High profile like those schools that get several players drafted into the NBA annually.
tangerito
I see you don't recognize sarcasm!
beaubrad46
Of course I do but to be realistic from what I've seen the kid had a choice between us or D2. Having said that , I still trust the coaches. Dezmond Haymon himself probably was in a similar situation and look how good he turned out to be. Winner winner winner!
SFAJack_76
beaubrad46
They usually show what other schools were interested but they didn't in his case. Enough said.
SfaTke596
We get it '46- you don't like that he is not a highly regarded recruit. Move on. Lol
SFAJack_76
beaubrad46 said:

Of course I do but to be realistic from what I've seen the kid had a choice between us or D2. Having said that , I still trust the coaches. Dezmond Haymon himself probably was in a similar situation and look how good he turned out to be. Winner winner winner!
He was not highly recruited, but apparently he did have an offer from Western Carolina. Hopefully he comes in with a desire to show how wrong the others were and puts in the work. From various highlights, he clearly has good athletic ability. He has been on a winning team which is big with Keller. Time will tell.

beaubrad46
No I did not say that I did not like it that we wasn't highly recruited or that I did not like the recruit 596. He's a Lumberjack and I'm going to pull for him. I was simply responding to someone's comment that he must of had some other offers. Forget about it. I'm ready to see them all play. Lol! Lol!
No-look
I have a good feeling about this one . Very athletic, high motor, dedicated and coachable. Put in the work and adapt to D1 play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.