2018 Basketball Offers

262,024 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

Jovan actually plays an important part. He hypes everyone up. He genuinely loves basketball and loves being out there, and it's contagious. He's the energy of the team on the bench.
Jovan cracks me up. One of my favorite moments of last year was the Jovan press conference. He's definitely a crowd favorite too.

For sure. I wish he panned out as a player. But he still is a massive part of this team. Hopefully we have more blowout wins so we can see him finally get his dunk.
sfa17
Karl didn't play much his freshmen year at Montana but on a few instances he showed what he could do with more playing time.

played 16 minutes and had 17 point, 3 steals, 3 blocks in a game against North Dakota. But he was 1-5 from the free throw.
He is #5

PurpleOut
Staff
Andres Ibarguen from Trinity Valley signed with UTA a few days ago.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Andres Ibarguen from Trinity Valley signed with UTA a few days ago.

I would guess Fitz took that slot?
No-look
Looks like TJ Washington is going to Utah Valley.
nacluth
Washington and Averette next year will be pretty tough.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Averette will have to sit out a year due to transfer rules. Washington can play right away coming from Juco.
nacluth
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm already thinking that we're in this year and next year is the 2019-2020 season.

Speaking of, I'm getting stoked about Fitzgerald and TJ in the front court. Bogues and Harris on the wings and Aaron at the point could be one awesome lineup.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Speaking of, I'm getting stoked about Fitzgerald and TJ in the front court. Bogues and Harris on the wings and Aaron at the point could be one awesome lineup.
Plus our other six returners and those two studs from Yates. Depth... Beautiful... When do season tickets go on sale?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

The SLC could be a two bid league in time if everyone else got their act together.

The reason why kids go out of state is because outside of the Big12 and SFA, nobody else is going to win games in March.
Jon
U of H got moved to the big 12?
- Jon Godeaux
TallTexan
Jon said:

I forgot they won 1 this year. First time since 1984.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Jon said:

Easy to forget. Something very heartbreaking was happening at the same time.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

TallTexan said:

Jon said:

Easy to forget. Something very heartbreaking was happening at the same time.
They were within a heartbeat of beating Michigan. Long 3 at the buzzer.
sfa17
Noah thomas , we offered him last year, has committed to LSU. A bit of a unusual commitment. his only offer was us (but didn't seem like we were seriously after him), Drake University and Miami-Ohio
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

Noah thomas , we offered him last year, has committed to LSU. A bit of a unusual commitment. his only offer was us (but didn't seem like we were seriously after him), Drake University and Miami-Ohio
Saw that, seems odd.
sfa17
I wouldnt be surprised if it was a walk on position. Going to be an uphill battle getting time at LSU. But I wish him the best.
sfa17
yep he is a walk-on
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-basketball/lsu-adds-preferred-walk-on-noah-thomas-to-roster/76652302/
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

yep he is a walk-on
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-basketball/lsu-adds-preferred-walk-on-noah-thomas-to-roster/76652302/

Apparently, another one who waited too long to commit and was left with nothing.
No-look
Any 2018 recruits that we were looking at that hasn't committed yet?
sfa17
verbal commit says everyone we previously offered is gone. but i bet the coaches are working on getting a player in. Probably JUCO bc you dont want any high school player available at this time of the year. Idk why we quit on t.j Washington. Trust the Process
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

verbal commit says everyone we previously offered is gone. but i bet the coaches are working on getting a player in. Probably JUCO bc you dont want any high school player available at this time of the year. Idk why we quit on t.j Washington. Trust the Process

JUCO or international I'd imagine. Can't wait to see who we get.

I do hear Lebron will be looking for a new team this summer.
No-look
TallTexan said:

sfa17 said:

JUCO or international I'd imagine. Can't wait to see who we get.

I do hear Lebron will be looking for a new team this summer.
I hear he is down to two. Us and the Lakers
TallTexan
I like our chances, I mean have you seen LA traffic?
Jon
Isaac Likekele committed to Oklahoma State... tough miss
- Jon Godeaux
Gazette1
I just heard inside info that Thomas uncommitted from LSU. I think that he was hinting that Thomas is about to sign with us. Can't say for sure. He also told me that Hart uncommitted from SFA and Stefon Fisher is transferring. I had dinner with Danny and Debbie Kaspar and Buddy Lowery and his wife last night also. We had an interesting conversation. They were here for Robert Hill's retirement party.
No-look
Dis Noah Thimas's Dad play for SFA?
Gazette1
I don't think so. I know his dad went to SFA. I've been told that Noah was a great player but has some baggage that kept high majors from giving him a scholarship. We'll see what happens. Heard anything Isaac? I sent an EMAIL to Sentinel Sports editor asking him to do an interview with Keller with updates about the program. It's time.
Gazette1
Then let's have it. It is you who questioned me EDSTILE. Negative recruiting is sometimes an adversary. Sean Sutton made a very negative comment about SFA when he was head coach at ORU. Sutton said that he would think that it would be very hard to recruit at SFA in a town like Nacogdoches. I sent Sutton an EMAIL asking for his apology while pointing out to him that he was engaging in negative recruiting. I told him that Nacogdoches and SFA are jewels. At no fault of his own Wade Mason worked as an assistant under Sutton. But-----------. I could truly air some dirty laundry about negative recruiting but I want unless----------.
Gazette1
Instead of lecturing me about what should be reported and what shoudn't go read what jboy93 posted under thoughts for next year. Calm down and quit pushing your self-righteous double standards and by the way, I still don't care what you believe. When did you self appoint yourself as the information police on this site?
sfa17
I think the whole thing about Karl being the 17 th best player in Texas was a misunderstanding. Like a bad game of telephone. The Montana site said he was the 17th best player in Texas "Prep School". Prep schools are different from high schools and private schools. Some prep schools actually have more then 12 grades. Some student-athletes actually attend regular high schools from grade 9 to 12. But may not get recruited by universities. So then they go to a prep school for an extra 1 year. So yes he could be the 17th best "prep school player".
The most famous one is IMG Academy. You graduate high school and can go to a prep school for an extra year to develop. This years there is a player (Anfernee Simmons) who is skipping college basketball bc he went to IMG for an extra year and the NBA one and done rule just states u have to have a 1 year break between graduation and the NBA draft. U don't actually have to go to college.
PurpleOut
Staff
Cleaning this up. Gazette has a "break" to chill out. Please remember again that anything posted on these public forums is PUBLIC and read by many members of our AD. We want everyone's opinions and comments, that's again why I started the forum a long time ago. But we don't need the negative stuff, and especially things that can directly effect kids (student athletes, recruits, etc) and peoples lives (University employees and staff members). It has before and I don't want it to happen again, so I won't tolerate stuff like that. And again, we have the Premium forum if you think you have something to discuss that shouldn't be public.

Everyone just be happy with what we have going on with the athletic department.
TallTexan
Thanks Purple Out, I think that's a good reminder for us all. And I think we'd all like to be seen as helping SFA move the ball forward since we're the most committed group of fans & alums that SFA Athletics has.

And I'll be sure to post my "Isaac Neidrauer: Have You Seen This Man?" thread in Premium so that we don't upset the masses.

Jk, Isaac, hope the moving is going well. I know there will be plenty of volunteers on here to help you load the boxes into the moving truck, but just FYI, I make an excellent supervisor and can whip the most ragtag group of fellas into shape when it comes to getting a house cleaned out & on the road.

I'll just need a bullhorn, a comfy chair, and a whistle and I'm happy to volunteer my services for free.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Jk, Isaac, hope the moving is going well. I know there will be plenty of volunteers on here to help you load the boxes into the moving truck, but just FYI, I make an excellent supervisor and can whip the most ragtag group of fellas into shape when it comes to getting a house cleaned out & on the road.

I'll just need a bullhorn, a comfy chair, and a whistle and I'm happy to volunteer my services for free.
So, there's an app that allows you to do that from the left coast?? Ain't technology amazin'?!?!?
BigJack85
Now I want to know what was "cleaned up"!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.