2018 Basketball Offers

262,012 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

Jk, Isaac, hope the moving is going well. I know there will be plenty of volunteers on here to help you load the boxes into the moving truck, but just FYI, I make an excellent supervisor and can whip the most ragtag group of fellas into shape when it comes to getting a house cleaned out & on the road.

I'll just need a bullhorn, a comfy chair, and a whistle and I'm happy to volunteer my services for free.
So, there's an app that allows you to do that from the left coast?? Ain't technology amazin'?!?!?
Of course!
PurpleOut
Staff
Again, as stated by several posters, we've asked you to follow simple rules and procedures dating back to last year. If you or or anyone cannot follow those simple rules, posts will be edited/removed and the option to be banned if you continue in the same manner.

I wish you well, never had any issue with you just wanted you to stick around while following the same guidlines stated in the terms that every other member abides by. This site is a privilege and not a right, nobody is making you do anything or post here.

Take care, Axe'Em!
Gazette1
I HAVE OTHER VENUES! THEY WILL BE USED. MY AXE IS SHARPENED AND READY TO BE USED JOURNALISTICALLY SPEAKING.
PurpleOut
Staff
Gazette1 said:

I HAVE OTHER VENUES! THEY WILL BE USED. MY AXE IS SHARPENED AND READY TO BE USED JOURNALISTICALLY SPEAKING.

If you're going to continue to post, please make a different thread. This is a recruiting board and is taking away from the actual news.
Gazette1
I did make a thread and you deleted it. I was under the impression that this thread was about thoughts for next year. Where did you state that that was only referring to recruiting?
PurpleOut
Staff
Gazette1 said:

I did make a thread and you deleted it. I was under the impression that this thread was about thoughts for next year. Where did you state that that was only referring to recruiting?

Yes. The forum titled "Recruiting" is about recruiting. I assumed that was clear.
Jacks4460
how does this dude/gal get away with talking crap to a Staff member?? He must know someone that has control of this domain because he/she is running their mouth again..
djsfw57
Can you please take this discussion private? It's ruining my experience here and I'm not a fan of that happening at all.
SFA, Class of 1979
Gazette1

This was a good get for our arch rival.

2018 Kilgore College (TX) G Chad Bowie has committed to Sam Houston State. @chadjordanbowie http://verbalcommits.com/players/chad-bowie
0 replies2 retweets5 likes

Retweet

No-look
Wonder if we are still looking at anyone for this year?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Wonder if we are still looking at anyone for this year?
I would think so, but the pickings are getting mighty slim at this point. With Fisher gone, we have an open slot now. But at the same time, I wouldn't want to "spend" that slot on someone who is just going to warm the bench and not be an immediate contributor. We have an excellent group coming back, so the coaches may be deciding to just concentrate on recruiting 2019 kids. Who knows?? We need Issac and his insider information.
sfa17

Keonte Kennedy 2018 SG had an offer from us and several p6 schools.
He ended up committing to Xavier last year. A few month ago he de-commited from Xavier, rumor has it he didnt think he would get much playing time at Xavier. So he reopened his recruitment. a few weeks later he released his top 3 Xavier,SMU, Tech and established an Announcement day for Saturday May 26th.
Before Saturday he makes a second announcement stating that he will move his announcement to Wednesday May 30...

So Wednesday comes and no announcement is made and now all 3 fan bases are waiting. He posted a message saying "decision coming soon" I'm all for taking your time but there is also a limit to peoples patience, especially being that he is a 2018 recruit.

Antonie Davis also had offer from Sfa. He ended up committing to Houston. He recently decommited and will be taking an official visit to Auburn.
Edit:Antoine has committed to Texas Southern (his dad is the head coach at TSU) had interest from SMU, Memphis , Georgia, Georgia Tech

To be honest I enjoy the drama when it is not SFA receiving it
No-look
See where Amin had decommited from Nevada. Be nice to have him here. Are y'all sure that's not acceptable? Lol
nacluth
He would be great here, but I don't see bringing in a veteran point guard into this system now. I think it would be a tough sell to our two juniors, but Amin would be a good pick up.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfa17
If it would make the team better and more successful (which I think it would) then they should be open to it. It's only one year and he can play the 1 and 2 guard. But this is all 100 percent speculation right now, unfortunately
Let's not forget he led the nation in steals, he would fit perfectly in our defense. I could see coach K and Coach mason pitching that to him.
TallTexan
I think the team would be fine with it. We've got a pretty good group of guys who want to do everything to win.

And now that he committed elsewhere, I don't even think Corpus would be mad if we snagged him now.

That said, I think he's still got bigger offers on the table.
No-look
I'm wondering if we really have a spot left. Could be something in the works that we don't about.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Here's a question for you guys... Can a school initiate contact with a player who has left his previous school, or must the player initiate the contact?
No-look
edstile said:

Here's a question for you guys... Can a school initiate contact with a player who has left his previous school, or must the player initiate the contact?
Read where Amin said twenty schools have texted or called him since he decommitted.
PurpleForever
edstile said:

Coaches can contact any athletes that aren't signed to a LOI with another school. As soon as the athletes gets a release then they are no longer signed to an LOI and can be contracted by any school. But schools still contact players before they get their release, happens all the time.
SFAJack_76
Guess he didn't decommit.

SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm guessing that he'll be there for a year and then transfer after he sees there's not much of a future there for him.
beaubrad46
I wonder if we had any recruits visit this weekend.
beaubrad46

Desmond's wedding cake.

nacluth
Pretty sweet cake, and congrats to Des!
beaubrad46
Very tasty! Congratulations Mr. four point play.
beaubrad46
Now go out and sign us another 2018 player Des, and then celebrate with another well decorated cake.
SFAJack_76
*** PG Antoine Davis, who had an offer from SFA, got a release from his commitment to UH so he could play for his dad at Texas Southen. Word now is that Mike Davis is going to be the new head coach at Detroit Mercy. I would guess that Antoine will follow his dad, but who knows.

Davis head coaching career goes from Indiana to UAB to TSU to Detroit Mercy. Is this guy from Alabama doing his career backwards?
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah. If he committed to Texas Southern over bigger programs, solely to play for his dad, he'll be going to Detroit too.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

I'm wondering if we really have a spot left. Could be something in the works that we don't about.
We do.
nacluth
Turns out that I have a year of eligibility left as a grad transfer. I'll ride the bench so someone else doesn't have to.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Turns out that I have a year of eligibility left as a grad transfer. I'll ride the bench so someone else doesn't have to.
This sounds like a ploy to have the best seat in the house.
nacluth
Hopefully they don't see through it that easily. I'll sell them on my pluses. Like the great confidence booster I can be as they dunk on me in practice or the heartwarming personal interest story of a 40 year old dad of 3 living his dream of going to the Sweet 16. Hey, I've even hit a three pointer before. My potential is near infinite.
TallTexan
It would make a great 30 for 30 story. That kind of advertising would be invaluable to the university.

Maybe we can get you some of MJ's old shoes, I've heard that works.
beaubrad46
I made a free trow one time. I'm ready for a recruiting update fellows! Help! I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I'm addicted to SFA basketball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.