2018 Basketball Offers

262,111 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Just got better" always means a recruit. Right?
nacluth
PurpleForever said:

I hate to set myself up for disappointment, but what else or whoelse could he be talking about than you know who?
Kobe decided to go to college finally?
No-look
I'm thinking Epic Event means two 4 stars in one year?
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleForever said:

I REALLY REALLY hope this has to do with recruiting.
Oh, man! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!!
sfa17
he might just mean that Fitzgerald is official signed bc the sfa mbb twitted about him earlier today
nacluth
My guess is Villanova is coming to town. Special event.
No-look
sfa17 said:

he might just mean that Fitzgerald is official signed bc the sfa mbb twitted about him earlier today
"First time in program history and Epic Event" sounds something other than that.
PurpleForever
After looking around I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the basketball banquet they had tonight. Dang
SFASawmillGuy
Either we got a 5star guy or almost did and didn't.
sfa17
No-look said:

sfa17 said:

"First time in program history and Epic Event" sounds something other than that.
first grad transfer in program history from power 5 conference ; ) but yeah i definitely hope it is not that
SFA Jack Fanatic
Maybe something was announced at the banquet about facilities upgrades?? Maybe we're getting that BB practice facility after all??
sfa17

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/sfa-basketball-coaches-stress-recruiting-in-texas-in-visit-to-tyler/1113376063
No-look
I got my popcorn ready. Lol
tangerito
Don't want to throw any cold water but Wade may have been talking about the basketball banquet that he attended in the honor of last years team. Tables sold for $10,000 each so they raised a lot of money for the program.
SFAJack_76
tangerito said:

Don't want to throw any cold water but Wade may have been talking about the basketball banquet that he attended in the honor of last years team. Tables sold for $10,000 each so they raised a lot of money for the program.
Being about a banquet did not make sense. Being about a $10,000 a table banquet is a different story. Interesting that I had not seen or heard anything promoting that banquet.

Details about how much they raised and what it will go towards?
tangerito
I didn't count the tables but it appeared over 10 so that will go a long way. No idea what it will be used for.
Jacks4460
Now that is some great fundraising for a TEAM that deserves to have access to the best training,fans,education,nutrition,and facilities.. 100K in one night...Makes me proud to be a Lumberjack..
Maybe more than 100K. You could get a single seat for 1K... Thats nice $$.. I feel this coincides with the BOR 4/23 meeting where the facility recommendation is presented to the BOR. Then at that time they can say ok we have some cash now lets start the work immediately.. I really hope they build a Basketball only dorm room and training facility. Maybe this is what Mason is talking about in his tweet.. who knows but its exciting..
sfa17
Man, a training facility would be a dream come true. It would allow to against P6 schools like Smu, Uh (good team but tournament wise not that much better than us) for recruits.
sfa17
Jacks4460 said:

. I feel this coincides with the BOR 4/23 meeting where the facility recommendation is presented to the BOR. Then at that time they can say ok we have some cash now lets start the work immediately.

What else do u know about the meeting?? First time hearing about facility recommendations
TallTexan
nacluth said:

PurpleForever said:

I hate to set myself up for disappointment, but what else or whoelse could he be talking about than you know who?
Kobe decided to go to college finally?
Lebron. He is a free agent this offseason right?
TallTexan
PurpleForever said:

OMG, are we signing Voldemort? Unconventional recruit, but tall, & you know, powerful wizard and all. I had him as a dark horse for Sam though, for obvious reasons.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

PurpleForever said:

OMG, are we signing Voldemort? Unconventional recruit, but tall, & you know, powerful wizard and all. I had him as a dark horse for Sam though, for obvious reasons.
You need to get out of the house more, Texan. Some of us are starting to worry about your mental stability.
Jacks4460
sfa17 said:

Jacks4460 said:

. I feel this coincides with the BOR 4/23 meeting where the facility recommendation is presented to the BOR. Then at that time they can say ok we have some cash now lets start the work immediately.

What else do u know about the meeting?? First time hearing about facility recommendations

Last BOR meeting a proposal was passed for an Ath Facility study on what was needed. The same firm that developed the Star in Frisco was leading the study. Said they could and would start upgrades immediately.. The BOR has a meeting on 4-23 and is suppose to see recommendations..
sfa17
Wow thanks. Great info 4460
Jon
nothing was stated at the banquet about new facilities or anything of the sort. All that was mentioned was that we had three great recruits coming in and that we had a great 17-18 season, and the Seniors will be missed. No mention of upgrades, facilities or new recruits.
- Jon Godeaux
Jon
There were at least 15 tables, and the money was to go toward the basketball program.
- Jon Godeaux
PurpleForever
PurpleForever said:

After looking around I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the basketball banquet they had tonight. Dang

Sorry to get everybody's hopes up. This time of year we start reaching for exciting news anywhere we can find.
sfa17
sfa17
Okay player. probably should not have gone to OU in the first place. Best offers OU , Middle Tennessee , James Madison.

In 28 games (four starts), averaged 4.3 points, 1.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 17.0 minutes

247 3 star #313 Pg #61 NC #14
Edit: but Idk if he is worth taking up our last spot when we need a player for this season. Probably could get a equal or better pg for 2019-20 class and get a player who can play this season
No-look
Are we pursuing TJ Washington very hard? I would like to see us get a guard from Silsbee next year.
sfa17
Tj has started taking his visits. He is going to Milwaukee this weekend. We are currently the best offers on both silsbee players. but I'm pretty sure that that will change after AAU season starts. Especially for Devon McClain.
No-look
sfa17 said:

Tj has started taking his visits. He is going to Milwaukee this weekend. We are currently the best offers on both silsbee players. but I'm pretty sure that that will change after AAU season starts. Especially for Devon McClain.
McCain is the real deal but I think Adams may be as good. The sophomore Bush will be very sought after by the time he is a senior. He is a game changer. Maybe we can get all three. Lol. It's unreal for a 4A school to have that quality of athletes. Especially at one time.
sfa17
Yeah I am glad we are in early. Both players recently tweeted that they are not getting enough attention or respect. The p5 schools are all right now fighting over the same 50 players for 2019 and when they miss out they will come crawling as usual.
PurpleOut
Staff
Efe Odigie has committed to UTEP. He's again a kid we were after, committed to Fresno State, and is now following Terry to El Paso.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Efe Odigie has committed to UTEP. He's again a kid we were after, committed to Fresno State, and is now following Terry to El Paso.
Will Likekele follow?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.