2018 Basketball Offers

262,048 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Shout out to Isaac for posting this one. Has existing offers from Wichita State, BYU, Hofstra, Albany, and Utah State.

TallTexan
IDK why, but he doesn't look 6'10. Are the other Centers just that tall?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Not overwhelming stats though... 4.6 ppg and 3.0 rpg. Only started two games as a freshman. But with the likes of Wichita State after him, they must see a big upside in him.
PurpleOut
Staff
Feron Hunt has decommitted from TCU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Feron Hunt has decommitted from TCU.
I can't remember. Were we high on his list?
sfa17
I like drama. It think Wichita state and Arkansas were strong favorites. His teammate is kaden Archie. Archie just commited to TCu last week. Very interesting situation

Not sure if it is connected but TCU has Reggie Channey a 2018 PF visiting today. Same position as feron.. Strange that he decommits the same day.
cboothe09
Saw where Jock retweeted Feron's post about being offered by SFA. Maybe a little help recruiting from the youngester???
sfa17
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

I don't get the love for A&M Basketball. They made the tourney once in the past 6 years. If I wanted to play on the biggest stage, I'd look elsewhere.
PurpleOut
Staff
Seraille and Hughes are signing on Wednesday.
tangerito
Two key players for the future of SFAMB
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can't help but wonder if we'll get another surprise or two on Wednesday.
PurpleOut
Staff
Wednesday is only the beginning of the early signing period, so there's not normally any "last minute gets" like you see on football signing day.
No-look
How many spots are available next year as of now?
PurpleOut
Staff
New offer out to TJ Washington, JUCO PG out of Coffeyville CC. Seen a lot of comments stating he's one of the best JUCO PGs in the nation. I think we've been recruiting him for a while, and Mack leaving opened up the extra PG spot. He's actually liked a few of my tweets the past few months. Originally signed with IUPUI.

sfa17
Has offer from Tulsa ,oral Roberts, OVU
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

New offer out to TJ Washington, JUCO PG out of Coffeyville CC. Seen a lot of comments stating he's one of the best JUCO PGs in the nation. I think we've been recruiting him for a while, and Mack leaving opened up the extra PG spot. He's actually liked a few of my tweets the past few months. Originally signed with IUPUI.

He's got some serious quickness and can hit from downtown. too. Hope we can nab him.
SFAXE93
Offer out to JUCO power forward at Howard College.

F: Amari McGray 6-9; 250 Ruston, Louisiana (Ruston/Howard College) So.
Offers from SFA and Virginia Tech

At Ruston High he averaged 12 PTS; 12 REBS; and 3 BLKS a game his senior year.

Howard is 13-3 so far this season
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
cboothe09
Offered: Amari McCray, Howard College, Forward, 6'9",290 lbs

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

A mountain of a man! He would command the paint, that's for sure.
PurpleForever
edstile said:

SFAXE93 said:

A mountain of a man! He would command the paint, that's for sure.

Would be a nice addition for sure. I like big men who have a quick jump and can get back up to tip in a miss.
PurpleForever
Shareef O'Neal decommitted from Zona, let's get him!
TallTexan
No-look said:

Keller has already pulled off some good recruiting skills. Mack and Bogues was huge. Fisher looks raw but should develop. Hopefully it will continue. I'm still waiting for the home run guy. Lol
Was looking through this thread for Likekele and thought this comment was too good to pass up. Bogues was the home run guy.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

Isaac likekele would be a big time pick up. DFW hoops has him as the 3rd best player in the DFW area.
Just saw that Isaac Likekele is seeking a release from Fresno State.
sfa17
Wow this is Big news. Where did he post it? On twitter?

Edit: Just found it. Nice find TallTexan

He is a 4 star now, wasn't even rated when we were after him. Wow 247 has him as #112 in the nation. 20th pg in
U.s and 7th in Texas. If he gets a release the competition will be tough.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Likekele-46035735

Looks like SMU's Basketball's fans twitter "PonyHoops" is interested. They liked and retweeted the news.
TallTexan
Yep I think we have a decent chance now that we've made it back to the tourney.

Plus I put our Isaac on the case to get him to come to SFA. They're both named Isaac, & nobody can spell either of their last names. That's a small, elite club to be a part of.
sfa17
I have a feeling that he wants to stay in Texas. I thought Fresno State was an odd option to go with in the first place. Last time I had that feeling was when Mitchell commited to UT San Antonio. Most of likekele friend and team have committed to Texas schools. Fingers crossed.
Ljacks&Longnecks
TallTexan said:

Yep I think we have a decent chance now that we've made it back to the tourney.

Plus I put our Isaac on the case to get him to come to SFA. They're both named Isaac, & nobody can spell either of their last names. That's a small, elite club to be a part of.

Good one Tall........now let's make it so.
PurpleOut
Staff
Rodney Terry (the coach) is leaving, so that's most of the reason. Keep an eye on Efe Odigie as well, another Fresno State commit we were after.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Rodney Terry (the coach) is leaving, so that's most of the reason. Keep an eye on Efe Odigie as well, another Fresno State commit we were after.
Generally when a coach leaves, there is no issue getting the release. SFA appropriately did that when Underwood left.
sfa17

#112 in nation (247) and #144 (rivals)

Edit:144 not 114

sfa17
The senior from Mansfield (Texas) Timberview has requested a release from his letter of intent, but Fresno State has yet to grant it to him.

Presumably, Fresno would like Likekele to meet with whoever they hire to take over the program. However, there's little chance that Likekele will seriously consider the Bulldogs now that Terry has moved on.A tough and physical guard who can play all around the perimeter, Likekele is a big-time defender and one of the best leaders in the class of 2018. Assuming Fresno accepts its likely fate on this one, grants him a release and lets him move along with his recruitment, Likekele will undoubtedly be a high-major target and there are multiple Big 12 and AAC programs hoping he gets his release so that they can begin the recruiting process.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five--386

-we did make his final list/visit last time. SFA, Fresno, Arizona state and northern Iowa

TallTexan
If anyone could get him back on campus, it'd be Keller. I'm still surprised he picked Fresno State in the first place. San Diego State, maybe, but Fresno?
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

The senior from Mansfield (Texas) Timberview has requested a release from his letter of intent, but Fresno State has yet to grant it to him.

Presumably, Fresno would like Likekele to meet with whoever they hire to take over the program. However, there's little chance that Likekele will seriously consider the Bulldogs now that Terry has moved on.A tough and physical guard who can play all around the perimeter, Likekele is a big-time defender and one of the best leaders in the class of 2018. Assuming Fresno accepts its likely fate on this one, grants him a release and lets him move along with his recruitment, Likekele will undoubtedly be a high-major target and there are multiple Big 12 and AAC programs hoping he gets his release so that they can begin the recruiting process.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five--386

-we did make his final list/visit last time. SFA, Fresno, Arizona state and northern Iowa

Good info, 17. You're definitely earning your keep on The Sawmill!!
No-look
Seems that Keller can spot the good ones early. I will be anxiously awaiting to see who we snag! Hughes and Serialle was a big get.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.