2018 Basketball Offers

261,898 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Miller Kopp got an offer from Northwestern. He's going to blow up.

Northwestern U. or Northwestern State?
PurpleOut
Staff
Big 10 Northwestern
sfa17
Wichita State just offered Kopp. The competition just got tougher. visited Wichita state a few month ago too. a lot of our recruits are getting big offers. This makes having a good 2017-18 season that much more important
Spherictrey
Well now we will see just how great of a recruiter Keller is. That was a huge selling point on him so let's see if he can pull some magic.
No-look
Keller has already pulled off some good recruiting skills. Mack and Bogues was huge. Fisher looks raw but should develop. Hopefully it will continue. I'm still waiting for the home run guy. Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
I think it's pretty evident that Keller and the staff (especially Mason it seems) can really evaluate talent. They're the first to offer these kids before the bigger schools come calling. Doesn't always go hand in hand, but it's a good sign for sure.
TallTexan
Any update on he who must not be named(The Mystery Transfer, not Voldemort.)?
sfa17
Players Rising
SF Kaden Archie "hearing from Texas, Louisville, Wichita, Wake Forest, TCU, Mizzou, SMU & Creighton. Rivals Prediction: It's too early to predict a school until the offers start pouring in, but Archie looks like a legit Big 12 type player and a potential top 100 player in the country." Has offer from LSU and Texas, Rivals 3*

Antoine Davis "was the best shooter we viewed all weekend long, and it wasn't even close. Davis is the epitome of a knockdown shooter with unlimited range. He connected on 10/14 shots from beyond the arch for an amazing 71% through 4 games. The best attribute about Antoine is that he isn't limited to being a catch and shoot prospect, he consistently hits midrange shots and triples off the dribble that are heavily contested at times. Davis has a quick release, superb balance, good arch and beautiful rotation on his shot. Simply put, Antoine Davis is among the best shooters in the country. -endlessmotor.net

Miller Kopp Led the UAA in scoring this past weekend. Miller also added Houston Davidson Wichita and Northwestern U to his offers. David Nzekwesi also add 4 or 5 offers but not a major schools yet.

SideNote: really good AAU documentary on netflix called "at all costs"

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Antoine Davis "was the best shooter we viewed all weekend long, and it wasn't even close. Davis is the epitome of a knockdown shooter with unlimited range. He connected on 10/14 shots from beyond the arch for an amazing 71% through 4 games. The best attribute about Antoine is that he isn't limited to being a catch and shoot prospect, he consistently hits midrange shots and triples off the dribble that are heavily contested at times. Davis has a quick release, superb balance, good arch and beautiful rotation on his shot. Simply put, Antoine Davis is among the best shooters in the country. -endlessmotor.net

Davis would really fill a big need for us - long range shooter. Here's hoping that our early contacts with him eventually pay off. 2018 is far away, but hope springs eternal.
sfa17
One thing that might get in our way during recruiting is that is dad is Head coach of Texas Southern Mike Davis.

SFAXE93
Yeah he is special, pure shooter, would be nice.
sfa17
New offer Feron Hunt
6-8 power forward. Plays with Kaden Archie at Urban DFW

Has offer from Houston and Wku

http://verbalcommits.com/players/feron-hunt

SideNote : Isaac Likekele: 17 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast/2 to, 1 blk, 2 stl in a 72-58 win.
AVg
10.6 points
8.0 Rebounds
2.8 Assist
At Adidas uprising AAU showcase
cboothe09
Archie just received an official offer from Texas
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

New offer Feron Hunt
6-8 power forward. Plays with Kaden Archie at Urban DFW

Has offer from Houston and Wku

Hunt also has an offer from Arkansas.
sfa17
Starting to notice a pattern. Wichita state has offered the last 3 players we offered. Kaden Archie , kopp, and Feron all have wsu offers after we sent one. They are also looking at Isaac likekele
Kaden stock has risen. I have to give the coaching staff props for their eye for talent. We probably won't get him now but the coaches know how to evaluate talent before these big schools months ago.

(Not final list just offers)
PurpleOut
Staff
I think you could say Lamar actually is following our lead with a lot of recruits. They offer the same guys a few weeks after we do.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

I think you could say Lamar actually is following our lead with a lot of recruits. They offer the same guys a few weeks after we do.
Lamar doesn't worry me. Wichita State and others do.

As JFK once said when asked if he'd settle for the Vice Presidency if he wasn't selected as the Democrats' Presidential nominee, "Why would anyone settle for 2nd place when 1st place is still available?"
sfa17
we should beat Lamar for the foreseeable future. Wichita state on the other hand is a better version of us and what we want be.
sfa17
Mitchell seraille 2018 SF commits to UTSA
sfa17
That was quick !

Thought it was strange to pick UTSA so early. They are not better than us. Haven't been to the NCAA tournament since 2010. Plus he has a whole year to decided and get more offer. No rush to Commit to UTSA (it's not duke) I'm fine losing to better schools by UTSA isn't one.
PurpleOut
Staff
Thought that was a little weird as well, UTSA had only offered a few days before he committed.
sfa17
^Yeah committed like 5 days after offer. No visit or anything. Maybe he got ut and utsa mixed up
PurpleOut
Staff
Kopp listed us in his final schools, although the final list is 17.

SFA
Stanford
Notre Dame
Butler
SMU
Clemson
Tulane
Houston
Rice
Vandy
Miami
Colorado
VCU
Northwestern
Wichita State
Davidson
Ole Miss

Also found out he has an older brother playing football at Vandy. That's a very athletic family.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Kopp listed us in his final schools, although the final list is 17.

SFA

Also found out he has an older brother playing football at Vandy. That's a very athletic family.
Let's hope that Vandy connection doesn't influence him too much. And, as was said here earlier, his younger brother looks like another potential upcoming Tom Walkup, just like him.
sfa17
List of 17? I'll take that. One step at a time I guess. Let's see how many of these other teams we can't outlast.
PurpleOut
Staff
We've been on him for a while and had an in-home visit, so I think there's a good relationship. The next step for our staff is to be able to prove to these guys that we have just as much if not more to offer than the bigger programs that are calling late in the game. Which is difficult to do as we know.
sfa17
Let's show some support!! Every little thing counts.

*edited.
sfa17
Sfa offers 18 SG Noah Thomas

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/790801?referrer_id=

Interest from Texas Tech. Had a good performance at Under Armour AAU showcase.
No-look
Looks like he's a scorer. And has another year to develope.
No-look
Just courious, what percentage of offers become reality? Will you get 1or 2 out of 10?
PurpleOut
Staff
A couple other edits. Not the best, but quick work on my phone.

sfa17
Noah Thomas junior highlights- he can score!!

http://www.hudl.com/v/1pTdb9

Visited sfa in January. Also visted kState and Kansas. Only other offer
Miami(Ohio). Has the SFA offer pinned at the top of his twitter

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Noah Thomas junior highlights- he can score!!

Visited sfa in January. Also visted kState and Kansas. Only other offer
Miami(Ohio). Has the SFA offer pinned at the top of his twitter

"Pinned at the top" sounds good!
sfa17
i had some free time, so I did some editing. Feel free to upload it on twitter if u want to PurpleOut
antonie davis

MItchell

Noah Thomas

Miller Kopp

Feron Hunt

No-look
Noah Thomas can light it up!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.