2020 Season

99,964 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

What logo is on that hat?
Jacks4460
Larry Jones and Gipson killing it..I just hope we play... I think we will get a few games in then conference moves to spring.. just my gut feeling...
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93

Is #15 Lawton Rikel getting a look at QB this season?
SFASawmillGuy
Hey Colby turned a bowler into an MVP championship QB, I'm sure he can make a good WR into a good QB.
SFAXE93
Well Lawton was an all district QB at Canyon High and he would make a great duel threat with his speed.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Hey Colby turned a bowler into an MVP championship QB, I'm sure he can make a good WR into a good QB.

Still one of the best stories around.
TallTexan

Please let this be permanent.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agreed. NRG is played out. Bring the crowd and home revenues back.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Agreed. NRG is played out. Bring the crowd and home revenues back.

Our best rivalry game never sets foot on either campus. This isn't Texas OU at the cottonbowl.

Criswell says the money is significant, but I can't imagine it's that high at all.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOu said:

Criswell says the money is significant, but I can't imagine it's that high at all.

I was told it wasn't significant at all.
TallTexan
I'd imagine you heard right.

There's just no replacement for having nearly 20k fans at Homer Bryce in your biggest game of the season.
BigJack85
I would be fine if we moved Chief Caddo to the middle of season and Sam to the last game of the regular season. Sam also works good as a mid/late October game when weather is usually cooler.
SFASawmillGuy
I agree. I hate the BOTPW not being a prime time game and I hate it competing with the red river rivalry.
BigJack85
Let's start a small campaign. #BOTPWhome

Let's bring it home. Let's bring it home.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
TallTexan
Southland is out for all fall sports.

A decision that was likely inevitable but should have been made 3 weeks ago.

SFA says they still are exploring opportunities to play, but who knows what that means.
Jacks4460
It means Carthel, Ivey, and Gordon are working their asses off to get some competition for our teams this fall... I see us having football games against some higher competition this fall and hopefully benefiting from the payouts we will receive while playing them.. I know for a fact those 3 guys have been busting their asses off to keep our student athletes safe and healthy.. Gotta remember this is all some of our student athletes have is SFASU and competition to keep them moving in a direction where they will be successful in life... We gotta play... Love it if we play 4 big money games to help build an indoor practice facility that can be used by all our ath teams...
Jacks4460
I see 4 big games coming down the pipe and then some smaller ones also Kansas,Nebraska,Iowa,Tarleton,Prison Tech,UL-Monroe, its gonna make an interesting year... No spring conference football Carthel said the university isnt interested in it... So they will put a full of a schedule as they can and some of those games could be good paying games.. They wont be as good as they were before the pandemic but they will generate more revenue than we have ever seen at SFASU on the football side of things..
Jacks4460
So thankful for the PLF in helping our student athletes in these tuff times... It has come through with so so much behind the scenes that we have never had before for our student athletes..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Love it if we play 4 big money games to help build an indoor practice facility that can be used by all our ath teams...

Wouldn't that be fantastic?! I hope you're right about all of what you're predicting, 4460!
TallTexan
So Nebraska, Iowa, probably BYU? Tulane just had a game open up.

If it comes together like you say, we're probably ditching this conference for good if we play a full slate & they plan to play in spring.
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Love it if we play 4 big money games to help build an indoor practice facility that can be used by all our ath teams...

Wouldn't that be fantastic?! I hope you're right about all of what you're predicting, 4460!
Fanatic our leadership is absolutely the best I have seen... they will take a negative and turn it into a positive I have faith in them... plus the good Lord isnt gonna let us down.. we are good people and good always prevails..
Pilotgirl
So the question is...does the ban carry over to next academic year or.. ? It is a post season ban, so if there is no post season? Things that make you go hmmmm...
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

So Nebraska, Iowa, probably BYU? Tulane just had a game open up.

If it comes together like you say, we're probably ditching this conference for good if we play a full slate & they plan to play in spring.
Texan I agree this could be our way of saying sorry we have the funds and resources to keep competing for our student athletes and we need to find a conference that has the same plan as ours... its our get outta jail free card.. I know our 3 leaders are well respected in their fields and alot of the bigger programs know that so we should see some really high level of competition..
Jacks4460
Pilotgirl said:

So the question is...does the ban carry over to next academic year or.. ? It is a post season ban, so if there is no post season? Things that make you go hmmmm...
Pilotgirl great thought.. i am sure with us self reporting like we did and with the respect our Ath Dept. has from the NCAA that we will ask for some type of help from the NCAA and allowing the post season ban to happen this year.. I would think the NCAA would grant it also but who knows about those guys... I know they were happy of the way our University reacted and handled the academic situation.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Perhaps play as an Independent in football in 2021?
PurpleOut
Staff
While it sucks to lose all Fall sports, I honestly think this could be pretty ideal for football.

- Get nothing but $$$ games (if we can get them)
- Maybe get the year ban out of the way? We don't know, but if we play a "season" you would think we would definitely push that this was our banned year.
- Grow the team and get the young guys playing time. We're still a year or so away from being the team we want, so getting through another season + another recruiting cycle...could be huge.

We will see.
cboothe09
Because we have played so many freshman and underclassmen the last few years, we have a lot of redshirt opportunities.

Play four buy games, call it a redshirt season for 90% of the roster and go with it...Money made and no eligibility lost...
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Because we have played so many freshman and underclassmen the last few years, we have a lot of redshirt opportunities.

Play four buy games, call it a redshirt season for 90% of the roster and go with it...Money made and no eligibility lost...

If those 4 games are say, BYU, Nebraska, SMU, & a wildcard, that's more big games than a typical season.
SFASawmillGuy
F*** it. We're FBS this year.
cboothe09
Judging by the sounds of Carthels quote, Southland games might be out of conference games for us in the not so distant future...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

Judging by the sounds of Carthels quote, Southland games might be out of conference games for us in the not so distant future...
I've been thinking the same thing.
TallTexan
Every FCS league has moved to spring.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.