2020 Season

100,522 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WE WANT BAMA
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

WE WANT BAMA
This or TCU could happen.. stay tuned...
Jacks4460
Ryan and Byrne are tight... already did a home and home in basketball... this is real... 750K-1mil would be a hell of a payday..
TallTexan
Especially for a season like this.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

randybass said:

Tall Texan, I hope you are wrong about Football in the Fall but I see the writing on the wall as well. It is clear to me that the decision makers are watching the FAKE news instead of relying on real data to make these decisions!! COVID19 will be history on/by November 4!!
Randy, my wife works in the hospital & while I can't share specific stories, I can assure you this isn't made up to hurt the President. And the side effects if you survive are very real. She helps people who've been intubated learn to talk & eat again. Some that weren't even intubated got so weak that their tongues stopped working. I can assure you, you never want to be in a hospital in a position to need help from graduates of our excellent speech therapy program.

And those decision-makers, including the governor, the school presidents, etc are not getting their number from the news media. They're getting them from the Feds & the state department of health.

Don't buy into conspiracy theories.
Thank you! And if people don't practice social distancing and wear masks, this will go on far longer than November.
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
SFAXE93

Same ole same ole UCA and prison tech at the top.

Whose going to knock these guys off their blocks?

nacluth
Looks reasonable based on last season.
SFAXE93
How far Lamar has fallen since their amazing 2018 season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yeah, but it's time for our two very good recruiting classes to start making some hay. I don't think that a 3rd or 4th place finish would be unreasonable.
nacluth
Third or fourth would be reasonable. I look forward to seeing it.
SFAXE93
That's fine, but I'd settle for 1st.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

That's fine, but I'd settle for 1st.

I demand that we play so well that the NCAA is forced to forgo the ban.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

Same ole same ole UCA and prison tech at the top.

Whose going to knock these guys off their blocks?

We will knock them off their blocks this year so get ready....
SFAXE93
I didn't realize CB: Eli Jones was transferring. (Our top returning cornerback)

G:30;TKL:81;TFL:3.5;FF:1;FR:1;INT:3;QBH:1;PBU:7;TD:2

Great player, he will be missed.

Wow
Eli Jones and Willie Roberts transfer and I don't see Hendrix on the roster either.

I don't see Pace on the updated roster or Waydale Jones
Jacks4460
Great kid... We are absolutely loaded at CB... Hendrix, Willie ,Myles ,Caleb, and 2 really good freshmen coming in..
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

I didn't realize CB: Eli Jones was transferring. (Our top returning cornerback)

G:30;TKL:81;TFL:3.5;FF:1;FR:1;INT:3;QBH:1;PBU:7;TD:2

Great player, he will be missed.

Wow
Eli Jones and Willie Roberts transfer and I don't see Hendrix on the roster either.

I don't see Pace on the updated roster or Waydale Jones
Waydale is at Texas State and thats ok... ANd if you think Coach is gonna play his hand and let SMU see who is on our roster then you just dont realize the element of surprise... I know 4 more kids not even on this roster and arent assigned a number either... We are gonna be so so so much better if we just get to play... Gotta remember too every game is a bowl game with no playoffs this year...Willie is here..
SFAXE93
DE: BJ THOMPSON 6-6; 222
DE: JOSH COLLINS 6-6; 225
DE: BRODERICK KILLINGSWORTH 6-6; 230
DE: IZAIAH THOMPSON 6-5; 240
DE: CHANCE HILL 6-4; 235
DE: MARJE SMITH 6-4; 225

The ends have the long arm of the law.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

DE: BJ THOMPSON 6-6; 222
DE: JOSH COLLINS 6-6; 225
DE: BRODERICK KILLINGSWORTH 6-6; 230
DE: IZAIAH THOMPSON 6-5; 240
DE: CHANCE HILL 6-4; 235
DE: MARJE SMITH 6-4; 225

The ends have the long arm of the law.
I watched BJ this spring and he absolutely gets after it.. He practices his ass off always goes 100% and has some tremendous speed and jump off the ball.. Wait until he gets the Stoner effect he will leave SFA 255-265 lbs and as quick as he is now.. He was making alot of noise at Baylor and things just didnt work out.. He seems like a small town kid and Nacogdoches is perfect for him and with Coach Caid as his position coach what more could he want besides a degree and he gets that too.. He will be in the NFL mark my words.. I was at practice this spring and JFM was there and I talked with him for a couple hours about football and if he liked the direction of SFA football and he told me "I love it... These coaches teaching them techniques that I didnt learn until I turned pro and now Coach Caid teaching them and they are fresh and soph in college" then he said,"People better jump on this train".. I really liked Josh Collins before he got hurt last year.. This whole group and some serious reach on the opponent.. Marje has great potential and will shine this year.. Ahmad Murray is 6-3 and is in this group also... Murray brings it everyday likewise and has great potential and has flashed some last year... If he puts on a few more lbs then watch out.. Murray is a great vocal leader.. he is vocal but also leads by example so he can be vocal...Pretty sure they are moving Rason Williams inside but he can play end also.. We have so much depth across the board now on defense that you will see a huge improvement..AxeEm
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

I was at practice this spring and JFM was there and I talked with him for a couple hours about football and if he liked the direction of SFA football and he told me "I love it... These coaches teaching them techniques that I didnt learn until I turned pro and now Coach Caid teaching them and they are fresh and soph in college" then he said,"People better jump on this train"..

"People better jump on this train". I love it! All aboard!

Do you think we'll play this Fall or in the Spring, 4460? The SLC Commissioner didn't sound very committed to the Fall.
Jacks4460
If you would of asked me this question about playing last week I would of said 10% chance of playing... This week its gone up to about 35% chance of playing.. Thats in the Fall... Spring seems to be gettin alot of traction lately too..
Jacks4460
also what i am impressed with is how this coaching staff has gotten the support of ex players and such.. JFM was really impressed with that too.. Every player is welcomed back with open arms by the team...
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460 said:

also what i am impressed with is how this coaching staff has gotten the support of ex players and such.. JFM was really impressed with that too.. Every player is welcomed back with open arms by the team...
I think a lot of this is coming from Ivey. Not saying Colby wouldn't be this accepting on his own, but Ivey definitely wants the former players back. Another part that was terrible with our previous AD regime. It's such an easy aspect, all you have to do is put in some effort.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

"People better jump on this train". I love it! All aboard!

Do you think we'll play this Fall or in the Spring, 4460? The SLC Commissioner didn't sound very committed to the Fall.

Burnett is just waiting for someone else to make the decision for him.
SFAXE93
Attendance issues for games solved.

TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Attendance issues for games solved.

HBU and Sam are ecstatic about this solution.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Jacks4460 said:

I think a lot of this is coming from Ivey. Not saying Colby wouldn't be this accepting on his own, but Ivey definitely wants the former players back. Another part that was terrible with our previous AD regime. It's such an easy aspect, all you have to do is put in some effort.
Exactly. And, not just football.
SFAXE93
Fall season is a go per SLC commish...

https://www.reporternews.com/story/sports/college/acu/football/2020/07/22/southland-conference-plans-playing-full-football-schedule-fall/5488288002/
SFAXE93
There are like 131 players on the roster, that is by far the most players ever listed on a SFA football roster.

Many I know are walk-ons but man that's a lot of players and I'd don't think that's all of them.

I counted

FRESHMEN 69 (redshirt included)
SOPHOMORE 30
JUNIORS 14
SENIORS 18

That makes about a core of 60 or so players that have seen action.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

There are like 131 players on the roster, that is by far the most players ever listed on a SFA football roster.

Many I now are walk-ons but man that's a lot of players and I'd don't think that is all of them.

I counted

FRESHMEN 69 (redshirt included)
SOPHOMORE 30
JUNIORS 14
SENIORS 18

That makes about a core of 60 or so players that have seen action.

I thought you were joking on the 131 number. Wow. BTW, I've been in a lot of stinky FB locker rooms in my day, but that one has to require a gas mask!
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I thought you were joking on the 131 number. Wow. BTW, I've been in a lot of stinky FB locker rooms in my day, but that one has to require a gas mask!
That lockerroom might be an EPA superfund site after this.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

On a more serious note the locker room way way outdated and lacks proper ventilation and needs to be updated.. if they just take the ceiling tile out of there it will raise the ceiling level in there and then get some proper lighting.. it looks like a dungeon when going in there..
BigJack85
Ya. Maybe we secure a "payday" game in lieu of Alabama A&M Use the $$$$ to pay for some updates or maybe combine with a big donation to begin an overhaul of Homer Bryce.
Jacks4460
I wouldn't doubt Ryan and Coach C working on that now.. TCU needs 2 games... Bama needs 1.. it could happen and needs to if at all possible...
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

On a more serious note the locker room way way outdated and lacks proper ventilation and needs to be updated.. if they just take the ceiling tile out of there it will raise the ceiling level in there and then get some proper lighting.. it looks like a dungeon when going in there..
It's bad. Not as bad as the thing we call a locker room for both men and women's T&F. Both teams share something that most middle schools would be ashamed of. I don't know how Olson recruits as well as he does. But yes, the football locker room is pitiful. It is bad if there are only 90 on the roster. I have no idea how you even get 131 men in there.

Softball locker room is tolerable. Baseball trailer is pitiful. Soccer is okay, but being in the field house puts it a bus ride from their field. I haven't been in tennis, but they have a solid facility. The courts are in serious need of being resurfaced, but that is a different topic. Volleyball was able to improve their locker room last year. It had to be expanded to include beach. They actually have toilets now.

Contribute to the PLF. Now more than ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.