2020 Season

100,505 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
nacluth said:

Let's be honest Matt. Are you just looking for a "home" game?

Ha, I'd definitely enjoy it. But playing in Arlington this year just made me think. I think a game in Frisco would make a lot of sense.

I too wouldn't want to lose another home game, especially if we're still playing Sam at NRG. And not a every year thing, more of a home-home-neutral deal. Just hypothetical.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Eastern Kentucky's defense looked terrible today, and their offense not much better. Their secondary is a sieve. We should roll them in November.

SMU playing Texas State on ESPN now. Scoreless after 1st Q. Rather surprising.
BigJack85
I agree. What I saw of Eastern Kentucky was not impressive
SFAXE93
14-14 SMU game
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
AxeEm99
Typical football season for the Jacks. We have a LONG way to go and alot more disappointment to come before we turn a corner.
SFASawmillGuy
It was one game against an FBS team that would beat 90% of FCS opponents but sure, the season is over.
SFAJack_76
randybass said:

Typical football season for the Jacks. We have a LONG way to go and alot more disappointment to come before we turn a corner.
There is nothing "typical" about this season. On or off the field. 85 vs 63 scholarships is a big hurdle for any team to overcome. Combined with injuries, the difference in depth really showed late in the game.

The fact that we are playing football this fall is huge.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
We got any more pending schedule announcements?
PurpleOut
Staff
I think they are still working on a couple. Still would assume a non-D1 home game like WT/ASU.
SFAJack_76
One or two still working. As I said before, until the opening kickoff, nothing is certain. See LaTech at Baylor that was supposed to be this weekend that got postponed yesterday.
TallTexan
Still suprised UCA isn't on there yet.
SteelAxe
Anyone know if they are allowing fans for the game at globe life field?
PurpleOut
Staff
Tailgating is open for 30 reserved spots. First come first serve and have to be reserved online.

http://l.paciolanmail.com/rts/go2.aspx?h=6287&tp=i-1NGB-Gi-9U-42FV-23-4I9-1c-3y8z-l55Nyab6Wl-2B3iVD
BigJack85
Back to the future? Looks like Lumberjack Alley is coming back.
cboothe09
Oct. 5 looks like a maybe for me...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

Oct. 5 looks like a maybe for me...
You should try for Oct. 3rd too.
cboothe09
Meh. I'm here to support the college of Business...Gonna set up shop and tailgate for Dr. Kahla's class...lol

Not sure why I had Oct. 5 stuck in my head....
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAXE93 said:

I still am 50/50 on Lumberjack Alley. I do like it having more tailgaters together in one area. But tailgating on pavement sucks. There's nothing like tailgating under the tall pine trees.
TallTexan
From a Covid risk standpoint, tailgating would seem to be higher than the risk of a half full crowd right?

Like even LSU has put the kibosh on it.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

From a Covid risk standpoint, tailgating would seem to be higher than the risk of a half full crowd right?

Like even LSU has put the kibosh on it.
Yeah, but they are limiting it. Only one car for each spot, and a max of 10 per tailgate. Since the parking lot won't be full, I'm assuming the spots will be distanced from each other.

Still agree, but hopefully everyone is smart and follows the rules.
SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

SFAXE93 said:

I still am 50/50 on Lumberjack Alley. I do like it having more tailgaters together in one area. But tailgating on pavement sucks. There's nothing like tailgating under the tall pine trees.

As someone who experienced the current tailgate area and Lumberjack Alley, Lumberjack Alley sucked for the fans.

The years we won the SLC, it was often joked more people were in the commuter lot than at the games, and it was true. At least the current setup can get people to accidentally walk into the stadium at least.
TallTexan
I agree with you there. Given that there's usually a few hundred people watching through the fence, we should count some of those in attendance.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA_03 said:

PurpleOut said:

SFAXE93 said:

As someone who experienced the current tailgate area and Lumberjack Alley, Lumberjack Alley sucked for the fans.

The years we won the SLC, it was often joked more people were in the commuter lot than at the games, and it was true. At least the current setup can get people to accidentally walk into the stadium at least.
Agreed. Which is why I keep saying in addition to our current set up, we need a small version of Lumberjack Alley in the lot in front of the ECRC. You have the Alumni tent there, and a lot of us that tailgate under the trees on Hayter.
BigJack85
All I can say is that visitors thought Lumberjack Alley was the best in the conference (debatable, McNeese) but it was certainly more vibrant than current tailgating. Vibrant would be good.
SFAJack_76
"Due to ongoing state mandates and regulations, the alumni event schedule for fall will not include our beloved Alumni Corner Tailgate.

Allowing gatherings of up to only 10 people restricts our ability to provide the Alumni Corner experience, but we will see you at the games as fans supporting our Lumberjacks and Ladyjacks."
SFA Jack Fanatic
Well, isn't this just dandy...

UTSA is dominating Texas State at the half today.
Buckytaylor
Its ok fanatic, there running the ball all over the place. With us having fewer numbers (secondary and scholarships) lets hope they continue to stay on the ground next week too. Still a tough row to hoe, but maybe not a track meet that shows our weakness.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

All I can say is that visitors thought Lumberjack Alley was the best in the conference (debatable, McNeese) but it was certainly more vibrant than current tailgating. Vibrant would be good.
What if we took a page out of UT's book and went with a band?
BigJack85
That would be cool. A band for a couple hours and then maybe some misc entertainment or contests.
Jacks4460
Buckytaylor said:

Its ok fanatic, there running the ball all over the place. With us having fewer numbers (secondary and scholarships) lets hope they continue to stay on the ground next week too. Still a tough row to hoe, but maybe not a track meet that shows our weakness.

When are the safties coming back???
SFA Jack Fanatic
Buckytaylor said:

UTSA's Sincere McCormick had 197 yards on 29 carries, and their QB Frank Harris was 23 of 31 for 169 yards passing. It's going to be tough sledding for the Jacks defense.
SFASawmillGuy
Hopefully UTSA thinks that too. We aren't bad at all. If they overlook us, we can get a few surprises in.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

What if we took a page out of UT's book and went with a band?
Found the picture I made last year, I took my idea above and had a stage at the end for music. The Alumni Association is getting better with their tailgates, making it more family friendly and including live music. But there's so much room for potential in that lot, you could create a really good atmosphere. Very vibrant as you put it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.