2020 Season

100,566 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kansas schedule shows Coastal Carolina on the 12th and they only get 1 noncon game this year per Big 12.
Jacks4460
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Kansas schedule shows Coastal Carolina on the 12th and they only get 1 noncon game this year per Big 12.
you are right... I saw New Hampshire and I knew Ryan has just finished putting a deal together for MBB and I figured he mentioned to Kansas AD that we needed to play a football game too...
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

This is big news:

Holy Cow. Congrats to all the 7th year seniors.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
I think there could be good potential to pick up some CUSA games.

It'd be fairly interesting to see how we matched up competition wise too, for research.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just saw a FB post only 5 minutes old saying we are playing UTSA in SA on Sept 19th.
TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy
The backdrop for the announcement is still SMU's stadium. Lol
Jacks4460

cboothe09
We going to get any home games?
TallTexan
I'd bet we'd play the Southland schools, so that'd be atleast 1 I'd guess.

Personally, I think they'll try to find 3 home games.
cboothe09
Hope so. Some of these road games sound like a lot of fun, but I'd like a trip to Nac before basketball season.

I really want to see the Sun Bowl, but I'm not sure about a trip to El Paso (If that game happens). UTSA and SMU are both on the table if fans are allowed. Eastern Kentucky is too far during the school year.

Not sure who else we are eyeballing, but I saw a mention about the potential for a Florida State matchup. I'd make a trip to Tallahassee if possible...
TallTexan
I wonder when we'll see a full schedule.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
Worth noting UCA will host EKU on October 31
SFAXE93
Let's go with this graphic

SFAXE93
Officially up

https://utepminers.com/sports/football/schedule

Now the players know who they are gearing up for in the first game, now 15 days away.

A little SLC Texas two step.

PurpleOut
Staff
ACU added a home game against DII West Texas A&M. I would assume we're at least entertaining some non-D1 teams to get home games.
SFASawmillGuy
UTEP was hardly a one win team last year. They are returning their leading rusher from a couple of years ago so we'll have to deal with that but I think UTEP is a very winnable FBS game for us.
SFAXE93
UTEP went 1-11 last season edging out SLC opponent HBU 36-34 for their lone victory.

The Miners gave up 36 points a game, while scoring only 19.

The only QB that returns with any game experience would be sophomore Gavin Hardison 6-3; 205 out of Hobbs, New Mexico (NMMI) who played in two games completing 27 passes for 335 yards and 1 TD. Also, an option is talented Red Shirt Freshmen TJ Goodwin 6-5; 205 Houston, Texas (Cypress Falls) a three-star recruit who was rated the #66 pro QB coming out of high school.

The Miner's top returning running back is senior Josh Fields 5-9; 195 who had 59 carries for 312 yards (5.3 ypc) and leading receiver senior Justin Garrett 6-1; 200 leading the team with 446 yards on 40 catches for 3 TDs.

This basically is a rebuilding year for UTEP (if you can call it that) with the loss of their starting QB, RB, leading defensive player in Michael Lewis who lead the team in tackles with 96 on a defense that only had a total of 13 sacks for the season.

The UTEP defense gave up 230 yards a game through the air and 201 yards a game on the ground, all and all giving up a total of 5,170 yards for the season.

SFA should beat this team (and I expect them to), and beat them handily.
PurpleOut
Staff
Our schedule has Oct 10th as TBD but in New York, NY.

ljax1979
Must be the Pinstripe Bowl
SFAXE93
Maybe...

Army
Albany
Buffalo
Fordham
Hofstra
Iona
Syracuse

ACU is playing Army.
SFAJack_76
Had to look fast, but there was a tweet about a home game that has been deleted.
Jacks4460
We got WT coming to Nac.. I am pretty sure..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

October 3, is what the deleted Tweet said.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

October 3, is what the deleted Tweet said.
maybe they jumped the gun.. i saw it on FB
CertifiedAxeman98
My guess is Army based on their site they are still playing games and trying to schedule and they have 10/10 TBD still. Most of the other schools in NY either have a conference games on 10/10 or they have canceled all their game including non-con. Also, since ACU is playing them it would make since given we are both playing UTEP.

Would be great for them to play Army. I think we should take advantage of the situation and play who we can play this year.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

ACU added a home game against DII West Texas A&M. I would assume we're at least entertaining some non-D1 teams to get home games.

I didn't realize D2 teams were playing.

I hear we know Commerce pretty well.
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Who is WT?
TallTexan
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

My guess is Army based on their site they are still playing games and trying to schedule and they have 10/10 TBD still. Most of the other schools in NY either have a conference games on 10/10 or they have canceled all their game including non-con. Also, since ACU is playing them it would make since given we are both playing UTEP.

Would be great for them to play Army. I think we should take advantage of the situation and play who we can play this year.

Man, a game against Army? Yes please.
Pilotgirl
https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/08/21/schedule-chaos-abound-in-southland-conference-as-football-teams-determine-fate-of-2020-and-beyond?ref=article_preview_title

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.