2020 Season

100,554 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our Montana state games were fun a few years back. We took them down at home when they were ranked in the top 5 and took them to the wire in Montana.
I'm sure if Carthel keeps us moving forward that could easily be an early season battle between two ranked teams.
PurpleOut
Staff
I like the Montana State series, but kind of wish we could have gotten a different FCS program. We did this same series just a few years ago. No complaints though.
SFASawmillGuy
Maybe NDSU. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
What can we expect to get out of Carl Williams this season? He came in amid much ballyhoo and (I believe) was injured part of this past season? Opinions? (I know 4460 will have an opinion or insight on this...)
Jacks4460
Carl is coming along fine.. Coaches really liked the way his body was shedding unnecessary lbs early this spring... Not really sure how March-June went for him I am sure the coaches will see come the 28th.. He is a great kid with a like able personality its really hard to get mad at him... He will have to kick it in high gear with Cox and Rayshad coming back and then he will have to battle Wright coming in.. We will have 4 solid DT's..
BigJack85
Nice scheduling....
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Nice scheduling....
Ryan Ivey
SFAJack_76

Jacks4460
Everyone that was expected to be back is back plus a few more.. School will announce when time is right.. getting almost all our spring work in will help... things are looking good..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Everyone that was expected to be back is back plus a few more.. School will announce when time is right.. getting almost all our spring work in will help... things are looking good..
Thanks! Were the "few more" returning players they didn't expect back, or new guys?
SFAXE93

WR: Jeremiah Miller 6-0; 195 Monroe, North Carolina (Sun Valley/Coastal Carolina)
Had offers from Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, Charleston Southern, Charlotte, East Tenn. State, Elon, Furman, Liberty, Miami (OH.) and Old Dominion

2019 (Redshirt Sophomore)

• Played in all 10 games, starting seven contests at wide receiver
  • Missed two games due to a foot injury
  • Caught 19 passes for 248 yards and one touchdown on the season
  • Averaged 13.05 yards per catch on the year
  • Had at least one catch in nine of the 10 games in which he played in
  • Hauled in a season-high four receptions for 62 yards in the road win at UMass (Sept. 21)
  • Tallied three catches for 36 yards at Appalachian State (Sept. 28) and versus Troy (Nov. 2), including a touchdown reception on the road versus the Mountaineers
  • Also had three catches for 24 yards in the season opener versus Eastern Michigan (Aug. 31)
  • Had two catches for 44 yards in the Thursday night primetime game versus Louisiana (Nov. 7)

2018 (Redshirt Freshman)
  • Played in all 12 games on the season, starting eight at wide receiver
  • Named the BAM Offensive Player of the Week in the week of Arkansas State (Nov. 10)
  • Was third on the team with 21 receptions and 272 yards
  • Averaged 13.0 yards per catch
  • Had one touchdown reception on the year
  • Made his first career start in the season opener at South Carolina (Sept. 1), catching two passes for 19 yards
  • Hauled in three receptions for 39 yards in the home win over UAB (Sept. 8)
  • Had one catch for seven yards at Campbell (Sept. 12)
  • Caught two passes in each of the next three games two catches for 36 yards at Louisiana (Sept. 22), two for 24 yards at Troy (Sept. 29), and two more for a total of 23 yards versus ULM (Oct. 13)
  • Had a 17-yard reception versus UMass (Oct. 20) and made two catches for 12 yards in the road win at Georgia State (Oct. 27)
  • Broke out with three catches for a career-high 59 yards and a touchdown versus Arkansas State (Nov. 10)
  • Had one catch for 16 yards against Georgia Southern (Nov. 17)
  • Finished the season with two catches for 20 yards in the season finale at South Alabama (Nov. 23)

2017 (Freshman)
  • Redshirted
  • Earned Dean's List recognition in the fall of 2017
  • Received Sun Belt Academic Honor Roll recognition for posting at least a 3.0 GPA for the 2017-18 academic year

High School
  • A two-star recruit by 247Sports.com and Scout.com
  • Named first-team Southern Carolina All-Conference and honorable mention All-Observer
  • Caught 65 passes for 1,288 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior
  • Compiled 60 receptions for 1,415 yards and 21 scores as a junior
  • Caught 159 passes for a school-record 3,518 yards and 51 touchdowns for his high school career
  • Had 10 receptions versus Anson County for 236 receiving yards, which is a school record and ranks as the sixth all-time in Union County history
  • Posted a then school-record 203 receiving yards versus Concord his junior season
  • Tied a Piedmont record with four receiving touchdowns in a game
  • Named first-team ALL-UCHSF as a junior and senior while earning second team honors as a sophomore
  • Also played basketball for the Spartans

Jacks4460
Both of those...new transfer skill player and returning players they didn't think were coming back..
Jacks4460
93 has the transfer skill player that has the skills..
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

WR: Jeremiah Miller 6-0; 195 Monroe, North Carolina (Sun Valley/Coastal Carolina)

Comes with a very good resume' and lots of experience. Nice!
Jacks4460

SFAXE93

DE: Izaiah Thornton 6-5; 240 Richmond, Texas (George Bush) (Fr.)

- 2nd Team All District (20-6A) 2018
- Also played basketball

TallTexan
That dude plays with as high of a pad level as I used too lol. Wish they'd have let me stand up instead of getting in a 3 point stance.

I think he'll make a good DE/TE though. Dude is big & kept putting himself in position to knock down the ball. Our coaches will do well with him.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
I kind of like having a QB with this much swagger.

Zach Conque was kind of quiet and Brady Attaway honestly just didn't seem to have the passion near the end and Jake and Foster both were just put in bad situations they couldn't possibly win in.

From what I've seen from Trae and in the short interaction I've had with him he seems like a guy who really wants to help SFA compete for a natty.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Football in the spring?

Let's play BOTPW in March. That's our month.

TallTexan
Not trying to be a kill joy, but football for the fall is so done.

Palestine cancelled our Hot Pepper Festival for October. No way we play college football in my estimation, but as usual, Burnett and Co will be asleep at the wheel until the very end.
AxeEm99
Tall Texan, I hope you are wrong about Football in the Fall but I see the writing on the wall as well. It is clear to me that the decision makers are watching the FAKE news instead of relying on real data to make these decisions!! COVID19 will be history on/by November 4!!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Read the code.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
randybass said:

Tall Texan, I hope you are wrong about Football in the Fall but I see the writing on the wall as well. It is clear to me that the decision makers are watching the FAKE news instead of relying on real data to make these decisions!! COVID19 will be history on/by November 4!!
Randy, my wife works in the hospital & while I can't share specific stories, I can assure you this isn't made up to hurt the President. And the side effects if you survive are very real. She helps people who've been intubated learn to talk & eat again. Some that weren't even intubated got so weak that their tongues stopped working. I can assure you, you never want to be in a hospital in a position to need help from graduates of our excellent speech therapy program.

And those decision-makers, including the governor, the school presidents, etc are not getting their number from the news media. They're getting them from the Feds & the state department of health.

Don't buy into conspiracy theories.
SFAXE93
WR: Tamrick Pace

- #9 all time in receiving yards at SFA (2,167 Yards)

Could easily move into the top 5 depending on how many games are played.

Would have to have a monster season of 1,024 yards to pass Cordell to become the all-time leader in receiving yards of 3,191.

He needs 69 more catches to pass Cordell for all-time catches with 222.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

WR: Tamrick Pace

- #9 all time in receiving yards at SFA (2,167 Yards)

Could easily move into the top 5 depending on how many games are played.

Would have to have a monster season of 1,024 yards to pass Cordell to become the all-time leader in receiving yards of 3,191.

He needs 69 more catches to pass Cordell for all-time catches with 222.

Pride of Brownsboro TX.

He's one heck of a WR.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well bass...I DARE you to go tell that crap to people that have lost friends and relatives to Covid to their face.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
There's a couple of bigger schools that will need games if we're playing.

TCU needs two, Bama needs one, A&M has a slot on the 19th,etc.
SFAXE93
Well, since we were headed to Alabama anyway.

Jacks4460
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Well bass...I DARE you to go tell that crap to people that have lost friends and relatives to Covid to their face.
no doubt... its real my friends... atleast in South Texas where my best friend is a Dr and says it is... Ft Worth ISD announcing today that Tarrant County schools will be Online only until Sept 28
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Well, since we were headed to Alabama anyway.

I think someone asked when SFA beat Duke what it would take to get a new football stadium & the answer was "Beat Bama". Time to try out that theory.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.